Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Only one of those conditions need to apply and Menzies gathered the ball in the goal square on the run with no immediate physical pressure being applied. Now an argument could be made that when he gathered the ball, a Geelong player was within a metre or two and he expected physical pressure, but the fact is, that did not come because the Geelong players cleverly did not apply any pressure.
I think the hypothetical reasonable person would agree he was under immediate physical pressure when he made the decision to concede.
I would further argue that with this rule that if people are arguing about whether he was under pressure or not, then that itself is grounds to suggest he that he was under sufficient pressure. The rule was brought in to prevent time wasting after all; If they had just wanted to get rid of deliberately rushed behinds then they'd have made the rule the same as for out of bounds, but they didn't. If you are pinging guys who are on a team that is down by 5 goals under 18.11.2 (b) then I think it's fair enough to complain about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the hypothetical reasonable person would agree he was under immediate physical pressure when he made the decision to concede.
I would further argue that with this rule that if people are arguing about whether he was under pressure or not, then that itself is grounds to suggest he that he was under sufficient pressure. The rule was brought in to prevent time wasting after all; If they had just wanted to get rid of deliberately rushed behinds then they'd have made the rule the same as for out of bounds, but they didn't. If you are pinging guys who are on a team that is down by 5 goals under 18.11.2 (b) then I think it's fair enough to complain about it.

Did Menzies have "time and space to dispose of the football"?

Yes he did because the Geelong players chose not to apply any pressure.
Menzies assumed the pressure would be applied, but the fact is, their was none. Free Kick every day of the week, which is why the two Geelong players were appealing for the free kick so strongly.
If you fail to see why this was a free kick, then I suggest you too should read the rules book and not be so influenced by commentators and others gaslighting what actually happened.

Seriously how did we lose to this shitrabble? Not only lose but completely smashed.

Need to make a big statement against them in a few weeks time. Anything less then a 10 goal win and I’ll be unsatisfied.
Have Oscar Allen who dominated Pearce last season.
It’s an effort thing for them.

Did Menzies have "time and space to dispose of the football"?

Yes he did because the Geelong players chose not to apply any pressure.
Menzies assumed the pressure would be applied, but the fact is, their was none. Free Kick every day of the week, which is why the two Geelong players were appealing for the free kick so strongly.
If you fail to see why this was a free kick, then I suggest you too should read the rules book and not be so influenced by commentators and others gaslighting what actually happened.
Firstly, that is not what gaslighting means. Secondly, I was not influenced by the commentators; I had a different opinion to you, which I stated without the need to stick gratuitous insults on the end.

Backing up a strong performance hasn't been our strong point.

Our draw is favourable over the next month in fact I would argue we shouldn't be losing at optus again this year in the regular season.

Tigers, Demons, Eagles, Cats and Power.

The 3 road trips we should be win probably 2.

Toss up which two they are but should be winning 7 out of last 8.
Yep.
I think we can win all 3 away games :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back