Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

WC aren't coming out of this quagmire before the Tassie compromised draft and there's little chance of them rebuilding for years after that. I for one look forward to them sucking shit for a decade.
In that delicious scenario they will certainly not be taking Harley to the Prom!
Think fifty games!...
And hell be slipping out well before his Jeep turns into a pumpkin, ...
There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth!
But he won't look back and will live happily ever after..
Signed
Brothers Grimm

Last edited:

So Warner will likely have to take over the Fyfe tagging role if he comes over.
Not sure if he’s got enough of a defensive mindset to pull that off.

Too busy cheating forward of the contest. Will just be the swans trying to make us weaker.

/s

Not sure how the Hawks did it so quickly but they’re bloody good again! Eviscerated the slime yesterday.

The Game lift out in the Worst is pretty grim reading for them. I think they’re losing patience. Although they did still rate Harley a 6 (2nd highest overall) after saying he was pretty ordinary

Not sure how the Hawks did it so quickly but they’re bloody good again! Eviscerated the slime yesterday.

The Game lift out in the Worst is pretty grim reading for them. I think they’re losing patience. Although they did still rate Harley a 6 (2nd highest overall) after saying he was pretty ordinary
Despite starting their rebuild after us, Hawks have comparable demographics so it's not surprising they are on the rise.

Despite starting their rebuild after us, Hawks have comparable demographics so it's not surprising they are on the rise.
Well they haven't really done a rebuild imo, it's more a RTB replumb. For instance on the weekend they only had 8 players in the side under the age of 25 that they have actually drafted (we had 12 Saturday). Plus they had 13 players aged 25 or over in their side yesterday, we only had 8.
Personally I think they are going to pay for short circuiting the process just like Adelaide have; too many B graders, too many players near their career drop off point who will have to be replaced before the under 24 players are in their prime.

Maybe ours is not a good side to compare to since our semi double dip rebuild in quick succession has resulted in a very large number of players aged 21 to 26 on the list (21 to 24 in particular). Instead look and see how many of their top tier players have been drafted or traded in during the 'rebuild' phase, it's not many.

Well they haven't really done a rebuild imo, it's more a RTB replumb. For instance on the weekend they only had 8 players in the side under the age of 25 that they have actually drafted (we had 12 Saturday). Plus they had 13 players aged 25 or over in their side yesterday, we only had 8.
Personally I think they are going to pay for short circuiting the process just like Adelaide have; too many B graders, too many players near their career drop off point who will have to be replaced before the under 24 players are in their prime.

Maybe ours is not a good side to compare to since our semi double dip rebuild in quick succession has resulted in a very large number of players aged 21 to 26 on the list (21 to 24 in particular). Instead look and see how many of their top tier players have been drafted or traded in during the 'rebuild' phase, it's not many.
It's frustrating because I dont think they've drafted that well. DGB a complete miss, Ward is pretty meh but they hit the jackpot (with where they were taken) on Moore, Day and Necombe. I also think McKenzie will be pretty good.

More than anything, I'm pretty sure Mitchell is a very very good coach, aside from just the vibe of the thing, the ability to turn lesser players from other teams into good best 22 players is always a good indication

I dunno, I'm obviously biased but I don't think we have a reliance on older players like Adelaide did nor do I think whether or not they were drafted or acquired is that important. Sicily is really our only vital player getting that close to 30, and you guys have a similar player in Pearce at the same age. The rest of them we can replace in due course without losing too much.

The important part is the core and with Meek (thanks) I think our midfield is set for close to a decade. The rest can be retooled without too many issues.

I dunno, I'm obviously biased but I don't think we have a reliance on older players like Adelaide did nor do I think whether or not they were drafted or acquired is that important. Sicily is really our only vital player getting that close to 30, and you guys have a similar player in Pearce at the same age. The rest of them we can replace in due course without losing too much.

The important part is the core and with Meek (thanks) I think our midfield is set for close to a decade. The rest can be retooled without too many issues.
Your KPPs look a way off being flag quality. Fit Lewis is great but it's hard to get excited about much else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your KPPs look a way off being flag quality. Fit Lewis is great but it's hard to get excited about much else.
Can be said about most of the league these days. Real dark period for KPFs at the moment, whether that's the talent or the game not accommodating them I'm not sure. Collingwood just won a flag with Brody Mihocek after all.

Man I hope we get the phone-it-in-Eagles in the return derby. Could put 150 on them easy.
i'm suspicious that it's going to be their grand final to use the old cliche

yeah i'm not a massive believer in them long term, they haven't aggressively topped up in the same way the saints did for 2020 but if I had to guess I reckon they end up in a similar spot over the next few years in being around the mark for the bottom of the 8, but not being a particularly legit top contender.

they made sacrifices and tough decisions that WCEs wouldn't make, such as getting rid of some of their older 'stars' such as Mitchell and O'Meara

Mihocek is a good player, tbf.
To continue the discussion, I think Hawks will HAVE to be able to convince a couple of elite players to join to make the leap to genuine contender. Max King, while he has doubters, could be big for them and Bailey Smith rounds out the midfield nicely. Throwing the absolute sink at Mac Andrew wouldnt be the worst idea either

Throwing the absolute sink at Mac Andrew wouldnt be the worst idea either

GIF by Giphy QA

To continue the discussion, I think Hawks will HAVE to be able to convince a couple of elite players to join to make the leap to genuine contender. Max King, while he has doubters, could be big for them and Bailey Smith rounds out the midfield nicely. Throwing the absolute sink at Mac Andrew wouldnt be the worst idea either
Yeah Andrew and King would probably do it.

As we know more than most, its actually really hard to get 1 player like that let alone 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back