Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he is definitely in contention for the job next year. The caretaker will be one of their assistants.
I hope JLo writes an outstanding reference then, because I think that will be win win for us.

Have to worry about Dean Cox, who probably doesn't want the job and most likely Ashley Hansen, who would have been great for us.

I reckon they will approach Jamie Graham.
They ll approach him for sure .. not convinced they ll go that way tho.

Interesting times for WC really , totally uncharted territory for their management now .

their positive start to the season has only magnified how deep their issues run.

So it’s all well and good for their management to say they ll ignore outside noise and back themselves in and stick to their processes due to previous success but when your teams this diabolically bad on the field all of sudden everyone starts questioning your ability to turn things around, not to mention once the sponsors start getting seriously involved it’s pretty much impossible not to act.

That all said I think Simpson will see out the year but after that who knows .
The real issue will be if cox turns them down , which I think he does.

Meaning there’s probably not a whole heap of decent candidates that jump out as ready to go AFL coaches
They’ve always chosen decent ones , indicated by how few they ve had over the journey but their next head coach selection will be the most important one they ll make in their history.

Get it wrong and they truly are looking at a decade in the wilderness 🤞

He's just a nothing player, running around on the outside not getting his jumper dirty. We're well rid of him if this effort is anything to go by.
He has kicked some nice goals this year to be fair but we don't miss him since we got Sharp for free lol. Did we try Henry as a small forward though? Might have been the role for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely that’s even more frustrating for their fans. I’d be livid if we put out utter garbage most of the time only to look half decent for a rivalry after the season is shot
many of our early years the fans knew we couldn’t win most games so going hard at derby was all the fans had . Celebrating our first ever derby win was massive .

But now we need those premierships that they got .

It will be the ultimate prize

Remove this Banner Ad

Back