Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Could use a big Dogs bounce back win but I suspect that the Blues will be just as keen to redeem. Didn't watch a lot of it but apparently they were dire in the 2nd and 3rd.
Yeah, but the blues had to fight hard to try win that game, while the dogs never left Melbourne so will be good and fresh

Reckon we need to concentrate on Hawks personally. They won’t be easy, and I’m surprised we are favourites. Tassie has generally been a graveyard for Freo
Not jumping the gun, but jeez we can’t be far off that “Anytime Anywhere” mentality where a W.A team’s capability begins to supersede the geographical challenges, as well as superstitious ones.

Ignoring the bye game (might as well going forward ha ha) we have travelled well this year (if we accept the close losses).

With the Devils on the horizon, this trip sure ain't going away. I don’t envy their potential road trips, but their home ground advantage could become the envy of all.

If we are serious about 24’, the Tassie trip shouldn’t be feared but relished for the challenge and we need/want all that it brings, well… bar the rain!

Last edited:
Not jumping the gun, but jeez we can’t be far off that “Anytime Anywhere” mentality where a W.A team’s capability begins to supersede the geographical challenges, as well as superstitious ones.

Ignoring the bye game (might as well going forward ha ha) we have traveled well this year (if we accept the close losses).

With the Devils on the horizon, this trip sure ain't going away. I don’t envy their potential road trips, but their home ground advantage could become the envy of all.

If we are serious about 24’, the Tassie trip shouldn’t be feared but relished for the challenge and we need all that it brings, well, maybe bar the rain!
I agree - have had some pretty good 'wins on the road', and that blast of cold we survived on Saturday night will help for Tasmania and Melbourne

Swans have:
North (H)
Lions (A)
Dogs (H)
Port(A)
Pies (H)
Bombers (A)
Crows (H)

They could lose three of them
Carlton has to make up for the 2 wins.
Sydney just need 5 wins, and Carlton need to win every game.

Pretty hard, but possible.
Carlton’s run is BS easy.
Bulldogs
North
Port
Collingwood.
Hawthorn
West Coast
St Kilda

Sydney should beat North easily.
Brisbane will be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL not doing LMac any favours. Just more nightmare fuel. Gotta be hard to take for the poor fella.

Logan misses late again
SYDNEY forward Logan McDonald missed a shot on goal with less than a minute remaining for the second week in a row as the Swans suffered a second-straight defeat
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1166220
I hope they don't call him Chokin' McDonald

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think everyone wants Simmo to get sacked.

The Hawks rout kind of killed what faith, hope or loyalty Simmo inspired.

Beating us and Melbourne put a little bit of wind into the saggy old bouncy castle that is the West Coast Eagles.

Being flogged by Hawthorn - with “our best 22!” - not only deflated that sucker but revealed it is sitting on quicksand.

With the local rag hunting him, whipping up the shitkicker base, it’s kind of irrelevant if he gets sacked or not. He’s gone.

I think everyone wants Simmo to get sacked.

The Hawks rout kind of killed what faith, hope or loyalty Simmo inspired.

Beating us and Melbourne put a little bit of wind into the saggy old bouncy castle that is the West Coast Eagles.

Being flogged by Hawthorn - with “our best 22!” - not only deflated that sucker but revealed it is sitting on quicksand.

With the local rag hunting him, whipping up the shitkicker base, it’s kind of irrelevant if he gets sacked or not. He’s gone.

The funniest thing is their fans seem to think the list isn’t sh**e and that sacking Simpson would put them in top eight contention next year.

A new coach if anything moves a few veterans and mid-aged role players out of the team for kids and they go backwards again. Outside of their first rounders I don’t any youngsters that look much better than role players at AFL level. Their recruiting is garbage and they’ve basically got to start rebuilding again half way through a rebuild. Their fans seem to think they won’t be down long but honestly it’s four years already outside finals and three in the bottom three - that second stat alone is already a bloody long time. Can’t see them making the eight again this decade unless something massively changes - and it isn’t just the coach.

The funniest thing is their fans seem to think the list isn’t sh**e and that sacking Simpson would put them in top eight contention next year.

A new coach if anything moves a few veterans and mid-aged role players out of the team for kids and they go backwards again. Outside of their first rounders I don’t any youngsters that look much better than role players at AFL level. Their recruiting is garbage and they’ve basically got to start rebuilding again half way through a rebuild. Their fans seem to think they won’t be down long but honestly it’s four years already outside finals and three in the bottom three - that second stat alone is already a bloody long time. Can’t see them making the eight again this decade unless something massively changes - and it isn’t just the coach.
200.gif

The average deluded drongo might but there’s a few Weavils on this site who know that in 5 years, when they can reasonably expect to be contending again, the only current players that will still be there will be very, very few.

Allen
Ginbey
Hough

That’s about it. Their list is old blokes, vanilla hacks and missteps.

The average deluded drongo might but there’s a few Weavils on this site who know that in 5 years, when they can reasonably expect to be contending again, the only current players that will still be there will be very, very few.

Allen
Ginbey
Hough

Harley Reid???

If they are going to sack Simpson before the year is out, I bet they will do it the week before the derby, hoping for a dead cat bounce that leads into the derby, GC (home) and North (away) games.

Allen
Ginbey
Hough

I like Hewett and Long, but yeah, there's a fair of tinkering to still go with the list. Crazy that even Watean is 28 in a month.

Harley Reid???

Allen
Ginbey
Hough

I like to Eagle bash as much as the next person given what they give us, but would think Long and Hewitt will also be very good players for them. Reid will probably still be there as well - The eagles dont lose players often.

The few weeks of good footy the Eagles have played this year shows they can at least be competitive when things line up - for those with short memories they've already beaten us this year.

I think they'll have a few years in the wilderness yet but not sure dumping Simpson now will accomplish anything right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back