Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

When will people stop saying to send a burnt out Melbourne club to Tassie.Tassie don't want them down there.
And the AFL have delivered them, Tasmania, a licence for their very own football team.
Such stupid comments.
because why should Freo constantly be sent there? it's bad enough that we have to travel more than any other club

because why should Freo constantly be sent there? it's bad enough that we have to travel more than any other club
I understand all that, but this is aside from the travel. Three struggling Melbourne based clubs have tried and failed to keep Aussie rules afloat in Tasmania, why would Tassie want a broken down club to have to follow.
IF they send a club like Richmmond, Saint, North or Hawks down there, it would mean, with the advent of the Devils that we Fremantle would have to travel down there twice in a year.
Tasmania, deserve and have got their own club with no past ties to a broken down Melbourne based VFL club.

I understand all that, but this is aside from the travel. Three struggling Melbourne based clubs have tried and failed to keep Aussie rules afloat in Tasmania, why would Tassie want a broken down club to have to follow.
IF they send a club like Richmmond, Saint, North or Hawks down there, it would mean, with the advent of the Devils that we Fremantle would have to travel down there twice in a year.
Tasmania, deserve and have got their own club with no past ties to a broken down Melbourne based VFL club.
Ohh I meant send them down to play Hawthorn etc

Time to send Richmond to Tassie. They only got 19,000 to their homegame at the MCG yesterday. Lowest attendance in a very long time, and they are gonna be bottomed out for a while.

They would have to be the biggest bandwagoner supporter base in the comp. When they were up and about, there would be thousands of them at our home games. The other week there was basically the cheer squad and barely anyone else. Quietest opposition crowd of the year on par with Gold Coast.

Fickle lot those black and gold followers!
Didn't they have 70k+ members?

All teams but especially the Vic teams conflate their membership numbers with multi game passes, out of town memberships with no game access, and pet memberships to make it seem like they have a lot more than they do. Of 70k members it wouldn't surprise me if they only had 40k full season members.

Lance Collard in big trouble.

Allegedly used the f word (homophonic one) to multiple VFL opponents. Lengthy ban incoming. Given there are 5 weeks left for the VFL plus finals, not that unlikely he misses the rest of the year.

EDIT: Saints just played in the pride game against the Swans last week as well. Not good enough from Lance.
Silly boy.

Seriously how hard is it to keep your mouth shut? How are these footballers (and coach) just not getting it? This must be the third of fourth time a player or coach has done this sort of thing this year.

I'm not excusing it but in the heat of battle people say things without thinking of the consequences. Especially when they have elevated levels of adrenalin.

I'm not excusing it but in the heat of battle people say things without thinking of the consequences. Especially when they have elevated levels of adrenalin.
Only if it’s a part of your vocabulary to begin with.

Which says a lot about the individual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just know when the new Tassie side comes in they will play 2 or 3 games in Launceston each year to keep the north of the state happy.
Guess which purple team from far far away will be allocated those fixtures?
Yeah the difference in travel time from Perth to Launceston vs Hobart is crazy man. Jesus this victim mindset is insane

So what are you implying about Collard? That he's a dead beat because of the slur he used?
That he thinks it ok, and has used it before.

The fact they would have just done an education program on it as well… yeesh.

Not going to character assasinate a kid, but it doesn’t look good, does it?

Nah that's a cop out for the kid - Every club has extensive education about it and players only need to see or read the precedents the AFL has set by suspending players for significant bans.

That he thinks it ok, and has used it before.

The fact they would have just done an education program on it as well… yeesh.

Not going to character assasinate a kid, but it doesn’t look good, does it?

Well you implied what you think of him without directly stating it.

He definitely shouldn't have said what he has said. Players have said it thousands of time on the footy field and accross many other sports. The AFL have just started making examples of this by suspending players over it.

He obviously did the wrong thing but he's the one of now a few to have their names pushed over social media while many thousands have gotten away with that exact same act since footys inception.

Nah that's a cop out for the kid - Every club has extensive education about it and players only need to see or read the precedents the AFL has set by suspending players for significant bans.

I'm not excusing his actions. I'm saying it will happen in the heat of battle. The psychology of man during times of conflict.

3 weeks for Charlie Cameron. I guess the good bloke reprieve got added as interest to this one. THREE weeks!

Well you implied what you think of him without directly stating it.

He definitely shouldn't have said what he has said. Players have said it thousands of time on the footy field and accross many other sports. The AFL have just started making examples of this by suspending players over it.

He obviously did the wrong thing but he's the one of now a few to have their names pushed over social media while many thousands have gotten away with that exact same act since footys inception.
Thousands of players on the footy field and across many other sports regularly used racist slurs as well, until they were educated that it’s not ok. Same sort of education now happens around homophobia and using homophobic language. The ones who still use it (and it was suggested Collard used it not just once ‘in the heat of the battle’ but numerous times) will have examples made of them until it’s stamped out completely. He, as do all other players, know it’s not ok, that they’ll be punished if they use that language. He gets what he gets.

Thousands of players on the footy field and across many other sports regularly used racist slurs as well, until they were educated that it’s not ok. Same sort of education now happens around homophobia and using homophobic language. The ones who still use it (and it was suggested Collard used it not just once ‘in the heat of the battle’ but numerous times) will have examples made of them until it’s stamped out completely. He, as do all other players, know it’s not ok, that they’ll be punished if they use that language. He gets what he gets.

I totally get that. What I'm saying is that he's one of the first ones after over a century of zero consequences. Players are going to still do it.

I'm just pointing out that people over social media like to virtue signal like they are model citizens while our afl players are made examples more than most of our public.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back