Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

When I get angry, and lose the handle, I don’t start speaking in Shakespearean English. Because I don’t use it normally.

Know a lot of people who are abrasive, get worked up easy and in your face. Never heard one them use a slur to get their point across.

Must just be not enough adrenaline.

I totally get that. What I'm saying is that he's one of the first ones after over a century of zero consequences. Players are going to still do it.

I'm just pointing out that people over social media like to virtue signal like they are model citizens while our afl players are made examples more than most of our public.
Yeah I get that. But when you make your living in the public eye you just have to check yourself more. He makes the big bucks as a professional, so he needs to find some other sledge to use where he won’t get himself in trouble being a homophobic little dick.

Yeah I get that. But when you make your living in the public eye you just have to check yourself more. He makes the big bucks as a professional, so he needs to find some other sledge to use where he won’t get himself in trouble being a homophobic little dick.

Is he actually homophobic?

I'm not excusing his actions. I'm saying it will happen in the heat of battle. The psychology of man during times of conflict.
I reckon you have to be either brain dead or a serious shit campaigner to have a mishap like that after all the attention previous cases drew. Especially considering the resources and education AFL listed players get and not to mention that Collard is at the age where education has greater effect. It beggars belief.
Times have changed and history shows that every time something derogatory or racist got stamped out, those that refused to change along wnd up being left behind.

It would be quite a story for a player to be reported for language like this and then use the "I can say it because I am identity" defense to be the first current player to come out publicly.

Some gay people say those words towards other day people.

I reckon you have to be either brain dead or a serious shit campaigner to have a mishap like that after all the attention previous cases drew. Especially considering the resources and education AFL listed players get and not to mention that Collard is at the age where education has greater effect. It beggars belief.
Times have changed and history shows that every time something derogatory or racist got stamped out, those that refused to change along wnd up being left behind.
that's the part I don't understand - ironically someone posted a clip from Kingswood Country the other day, where we turned a blindy eye to this shit and even thought it was funny. Now we are all well aware of how harmful it can be.

Did you think there was a week in it? Not your usual sling type dangerous tackle but arms looked to be pinned and he was driven to the ground somewhat. Won't help him that Duggan's head hit the turf and he went off.
looks like three weeks - hard to get this downgraded to nil?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When will people stop saying to send a burnt out Melbourne club to Tassie.Tassie don't want them down there.
And the AFL have delivered them, Tasmania, a licence for their very own football team.
Such stupid comments.

You know what is 10x stupider than that ?

A 19 team comp

No other big time sport in the world has uneven teams

It going to be a disaster , any team with a bye in the first month is going to get a instant audit on how valued they are by the AFL

Gonna be some pissed off fans and that will just snowball

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

You know what is 10x stupider than that ?

A 19 team comp

No other big time sport in the world has uneven teams

It going to be a disaster , any team with a bye in the first month is going to get a instant audit on how valued they are by the AFL

Gonna be some pissed off fans and that will just snowball

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

The AFL don't care. All they care is members and viewers

Some gay people say those words towards other day people.
The key though in those situations is consent. When there’s a familiarity.

If someone in their circle isn’t comfortable with it, they usually refrain from using around that person.

But then there’s assholes in all levels of community.

Some people like a good ol ass paddling. Doesn’t mean they want it from everyone. Or that it’s fair for them to inflict that on someone who doesn’t want it.
shocked do not want GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back