Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The songs called Three lions and it was released in 1996, if England are gonna live rent free in your mind at least get some of the facts right.
They did alright in '96 if my memory serves me correctly? Was working in Scotland that year and had my first live taste of soccer, couple of West Ham and Arsenal games, an Old Firm clash and plenty of local games watching Morton down at Cappielow.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only if it’s a part of your vocabulary to begin with.

Which says a lot about the individual.
That's interesting. I grew up in a fairly red-necked part of the world, just a few miles down the road from the Longmuirs. I had some shocking vocabulary back then as a kid in the 70's. All of us did. I was only a kid but even today am very shameful and embarrassed about things I/we said about and to lots of different minority groups. Saddest thing though is that if I was to go back tomorrow, many of even the younger generations still speak and act like that. I may be the black sheep of the family but am so glad I learnt and evolved.

That's interesting. I grew up in a fairly red-necked part of the world, just a few miles down the road from the Longmuirs. I had some shocking vocabulary back then as a kid in the 70's. All of us did. I was only a kid but even today am very shameful and embarrassed about things I/we said about and to lots of different minority groups. Saddest thing though is that if I was to go back tomorrow, many of even the younger generations still speak and act like that. I may be the black sheep of the family but am so glad I learnt and evolved.

Yeah, there’s a lot self training to change those things.

But that’s part of what I mean. You did the hard yards yourself.

Footy players are given training and education, but they still have to be willing to make an improvement, and recognise that it’s required.

You can take the boy out of Bencubbin but you can’t take Bencubbin out of the boy😁

I’m certainly not going to play down or condone what he said & hopefully he gets a valuable lesson from this, but unfortunately I have no doubt I used it back in the day as an insult in calling someone soft rather than calling them out to be gay.

Again he shouldn’t be saying it & that was a different era where I’m glad we have moved on from.

Part of my job is working around young people & one girl about 19 kept talking about friends & calling them my n.ggas & I asked her to stop calling them that. She had no idea how offensive the word was, how insulting it was & it’s derogatory meaning.

She said her friends all use it & I mentioned to her if you use it in public it will not end well & to get it out of your vocabulary.

Darling getting dropped last week he wont get to 300 games this year for West Coast.

6 games left and stuck on 293.

I seriously wonder if they trade him at the end of the year to a VIC club desperate for a key forward in the window and he wont get too 300 for the Toast.

Gaff is as good as gone on 278 and out of contract.

He wont get there either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are we saying Collard should have called them DEI and kept the slur for his friends.
Unfortunately, putting a ban on saying it doesn't mean they don't think it. But you have to start somewhere. Maybe in time it will slip out of common vernacular. There are some gay men who sleep (have sex with) men that don't consider themselves gay and are insulting of the others they consider to be that way.

I think the days of defending or minimising the language Collard used are well and truly over. Just don't use homophobic language, football field or anywhere. There's just no excuses anymore, and I don't mind if he cops a couple of extra weeks for stupidity in light of not one, but two examples of that exact usage earlier this year. He's young and should be supported, and there's opportunity for him to reflect, process and move on.

I am gob smacked that not one media outlet has praised Toby Bedford for his concerns for Tim Tim Taranto after the tackle.
It appeared to me that he was the only player ,official or medical staff to show concern.
If you haven@t watched the entire incident, then I suggest you do.
Well done Toby Bedford.

We're not a big drawcard in the interstates but we average a very high overall attendance because of the good home gate. Which totally determines and defines the invidious position we find ourselves in.

We're presented as an irrelevant minnow club even when we are playing teams whose memberships look anaemic compared to ours and whose overall marketability sucks dead dog's balls compared to ours.

We will be the team the AFL gives the shit bye to in a 19-team comp.

Too small to be scared of, too big to have to assist. They do not give a shit about us because they don't have to.

So when we finally win this rigged shitfest of a comp, and we will, I hope to **** we carry on like absolute pork chops. I'd like Garlick to turkey slap the nearest commissioner. Just whip his **** out and slap them in the chops yelling, "Thanks for nothing, campaigner." Moose can be all serious and beautiful but if Luke Ryan or someone doesn't grab a mic, give a maniacal death stare straight down the camera and howl "Suck shit, CUUUUUUUUUNTS," I will be a little miffed.

Did it without you, you arseholes. No ****ing VFL fairytale for us.

yair yair, I know, grown up and mature rackety rackety blah blah blah

A man can dream.

Some people like a good ol ass paddling. Doesn’t mean they want it from everyone. Or that it’s fair for them to inflict that on someone who doesn’t want it.
Season 4 Flirting GIF by Friends

We're not a big drawcard in the interstates but we average a very high overall attendance because of the good home gate. Which totally determines and defines the invidious position we find ourselves in.

We're presented as an irrelevant minnow club even when we are playing teams whose memberships look anaemic compared to ours and whose overall marketability sucks dead dog's balls compared to ours.

We will be the team the AFL gives the shit bye to in a 19-team comp.

Too small to be scared of, too big to have to assist. They do not give a shit about us because they don't have to.

So when we finally win this rigged shitfest of a comp, and we will, I hope to ** we carry on like absolute pork chops. I'd like Garlick to turkey slap the nearest commissioner. Just whip his ** out and slap them in the chops yelling, "Thanks for nothing, campaigner." Moose can be all serious and beautiful but if Luke Ryan or someone doesn't grab a mic, give a maniacal death stare straight down the camera and howl "Suck shit, CUUUUUUUUUNTS," I will be a little miffed.

Did it without you, you arseholes. No ****ing VFL fairytale for us.

yair yair, I know, grown up and mature rackety rackety blah blah blah

A man can dream.
Dare I say it... a fckn nice rant.
I just hope that the club spoke with a harsh voice, or many harsh voices when meeting with Dill and Laura and all the rest of the AFL clubs hierachy.
We need to fight like mongrel dogs now that the ball is is finally rolling about the shit show called a FIX ture.
If we have to do it alone, then screw the Yellas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back