Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah not saying the Lions aren't good but given their outs the Suns shouldn't have been blown away.

Just poor. Their players aren't right between the ears.
Suns and Bombers both have massive demons between ears.

It will be interesting to see how long/if Dimma has what it takes to get an interstate side going. I reckon he might have underestimated the job he took between the travel and the culture of failure.

Yeah not saying the Lions aren't good but given their outs the Suns shouldn't have been blown away.

Just poor. Their players aren't right between the ears.
The silver spoon doesn't help them when the going gets tough.

Agree it's mainly mental. Everything they've achieved (i.e. not much) has been gift wrapped and they still aren't as good as teams that are fully at the mercy of the draft system.

Everyone talks about booting Norf from the comp, Melbourne's lack of crowds is a disgrace.

Unbelievable the lack of scrutiny that club gets.
Most Victorian clubs are pathetic in that regard when playing non-Victorian opposition tbh.

It's almost like they think their team has a bye unless playing a team from the same city. If any non-Victorian teams' supporters had the same attitude they'd fold within a season yet Victorian fans some the nerve to call Freo and Port "minnows" when they average 40+ thousand at each game and have one home derby all year. Absolute hypocrites.

Most Victorian clubs are pathetic in that regard when playing non-Victorian opposition tbh.

It's almost like they think their team has a bye unless playing a team from the same city. If any non-Victorian teams' supporters had the same attitude they'd fold within a season yet Victorian fans some the nerve to call Freo and Port "minnows" when they average 40+ thousand at each game and have one home derby all year. Absolute hypocrites.
Outstanding

Lin Manuel Miranda Love GIF by Tony Awards

Which favourable results are Fremantle going to get this weekend for our ladder position by the end of the round.

1. Suns to beat the Lions? 2. Port to beat Carlton? 3. North to beat Geelong? 4. Melbourne to beat GWS? 5. St Kilda to beat Essendon

I'm picking 1 and 3.

I'm a terrible tipster, but this is going to be happening most weekends. I think I saw Ryan Daniels post that there were 25 games to be played before the end of the season between teams playing other teams who were between 1 v 13 on the ladder at the beginning of this round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone talks about booting Norf from the comp, Melbourne's lack of crowds is a disgrace.

Unbelievable the lack of scrutiny that club gets.
They lost a generation of supporters.

When your battling what 10 other teams for fans in 1 city to be so horrible for a decade plus and not just mediocre but abysmal.

They would have lost a fair few.

They are feeling the effects now.

They lost a generation of supporters.

When your battling what 10 other teams for fans in 1 city to be so horrible for a decade plus and not just mediocre but abysmal.

They would have lost a fair few.

They are feeling the effects now.
Why we need to capitalise now, need to win that next generation over by winning while the toast are bad.

Not sure why people are getting stuck into the smaller Melbourne teams for their fans not turning up. It's an index of their actual number of supporters. Melbourne, North the Saints and the Dogs: Any two of them combined are just about a smaller club than even Port. Let alone us.

Morning

Any doctors out there who can give some advice

My son got knocked out yesterday and he is due to fly to Melbourne in a few days to meet up with us

Are there any protocols on flying after a head knock?
What do the AFL players do if they are in HIA Protocols ?

Morning

My son got knocked out yesterday and he is due to fly to Melbourne in a few days to meet up with us

Tough kid to be piloting a plane after a head knock. Hope he's ok.

Morning

Players seem to fly home with the team even if they’re in the HIA Protocols, I’m no doctor but it doesn’t seem to be an issue unless there’s a complicated issue like bleeding in the skull. Get him to go to a gp and ask for advice.

Players seem to fly home with the team even if they’re in the HIA Protocols, I’m no doctor but it doesn’t seem to be an issue unless there’s a complicated issue like bleeding in the skull. Get him to go to a gp and ask for advice.
Thanks 👍
Yeh we did doctor Google and it seems ok

Yeh we tried
He won’t go 🙄

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back