Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think Buckley was ever a chance.

It’s going to be either Graham or some random assistant coach we all remember playing ten years ago (a bit like Simpson tbh). If Schofield gets it they’re even more of a boys club than we think they are.

It’s going to be either Graham or some random assistant coach we all remember playing ten years ago (a bit like Simpson tbh). If Schofield gets it they’re even more of a boys club than we think they are.
unless it is graham i dont care.

But even then i say well done Graham. You learnt a lot from Justin now do your own thing.

That amount of money in a job doesnt come along often

unless it is graham i dont care.

But even then i say well done Graham. You learnt a lot from Justin now do your own thing.

That amount of money in a job doesnt come along often

Really worried if it is Graham. It took a while but I think he’s got our forwards really working well with just two first rounders (Amiss and Sturt) amongst them.

I might be a tad biased, but Mundy = Pendlebury.

To play 350 games for a WA based player, is the equivalent of 400 games for Vic based clubs.
Given the mileage disparity between the Pies and Freo, I'd say closer to 450 games. To put it in perspective, I think Serong has more kms travelled than Pendlebury.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bucks was more interested in Freo and Jlo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

be good to see Tassie get a NEW coach.

start fresh
Didnt work for the Gold Coast with Guy McKenna.

I would argue Sheedy going to GWS and taking the bullets for 2 years helped them setup a good run.

Leon Cameron didn't take advantage of it.

You could say they were gifted a lot of Draft picks but so were the Suns so its not like it guarantees success whatsoever.

I think an experienced coach is the way to go from Day 1 for startup clubs.

Sheedy was past it well before he went to GWS and did nothing but hold them back.

Whoever takes the Lathlain job is on a hiding to nothing and will be lucky to see out 2 years before being sacked. They need a sacrifice before things turn around and sucked in to whoever chooses to be that sacrifice. The best part of all this is Don Pyke might be considered a genius, but he has an incredibly handy knack of ****ing things up for years. Adelaide is still rooted a full 5 years after he ****ed off.

Last edited:
I’m no doctor & there’s a few in here, but if you get carried out of a nightclub unconscious from whatever, is that the equivalent of a concussion?

Anyway, how has Tyson Stengle been named this week purely from a culture & discipline thing?

Sheedy was past it well before he went to GWS and did nothing but hold them back.

Whoever takes the Lathlain job is on a hiding to nothing and will be lucky to see out 2 years before being sacked. They need a sacrifice before things turn around and sucked in to whoever chooses to be that sacrifice. The best part of all this is Don Pyke might be considered a genius, but he has an incredibly handy knack of ****ing things up for years. Adelaide is still rooted a full 5 years after he ****ed off.

Sheedy was a good get for GWS as they needed a name and a personality to be relevant, not really an issue for the Eagles.

I’m no doctor & there’s a few in here, but if you get carried out of a nightclub unconscious from whatever, is that the equivalent of a concussion?

Anyway, how has Tyson Stengle been named this week purely from a culture & discipline thing?
I get what you're saying but clearly he didn't break any club rules around consumption of alcohol and that being the case he simply made a mistake.

Reminds me of the Big Show spending six hours in the heat playing golf and then thinking a quick eight beers would be manageable.

I get what you're saying but clearly he didn't break any club rules around consumption of alcohol and that being the case he simply made a mistake.

Reminds me of the Big Show spending six hours in the heat playing golf and then thinking a quick eight beers would be manageable.
That's just carbo-loading

He was well past it before the Bombers booted him. Going to GWS was an AFL marketing ploy. Mark Williams was the man doing all the work.
Not really a ploy. There were two jobs to be done - marketing and selling the new club hard, with a bit of father figure thrown in (Sheedy), and teaching a group of 18yo how to survive and thrive in the AFL (Williams). Went well, although Cameron wasn't the right choice subsequently.

He was well past it before the Bombers booted him. Going to GWS was an AFL marketing ploy. Mark Williams was the man doing all the work.

Exactly, he was coach of GWS to try and build some relevance. He didn't hold them back, but West Coast don't need to hire a coach for marketing. Their best bet IMO would be to try and get a young-ish coach in and build relationships with the new generation, not getting an old man in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back