Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

hey arnold nick splat GIF

**** Gold Coast are a useless club. I’m 100% serious when I say if they folded tomorrow nobody would care. They are such a nothing club.

14 years and 0 finals series considering all the handouts they’ve been afforded is pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel like we were on a similar path to suns prior to our 03 season. Thought 9 seasons without finals was long time…14th season for Suns.

We were set up to not win a game in our first season and weren’t given many draft picks to improve that situation.

Gold Coast were set up to be a monster five years after they started.

Actually think one of those teams over-performed tbh. I’ll let people guess which one.

We were set up to not win a game in our first season and weren’t given many draft picks to improve that situation.

Gold Coast were set up to be a monster five years after they started.

Actually think one of those teams over-performed tbh. I’ll let people guess which one.
I really don't know why they exist. Makes so much sense to get rid of them when Tasmania comes in. Who would miss them?!?

GWS made sense from a "grow the game" perspective because the place is an AFL wasteland.

Gold Coast on the other hand is full of Vics sick of the Melbourne winters and already had the Southport Sharks before the Suns, which had produced players like Marcus Ashcroft and Nick Riewoldt.

AFL tried to go in GC with the same grow the game strategy but stuffed up by creating a whole new team instead of using one with a strong development record and decent supporter base.

First time I ever visited GC pages & their game day thread roles into the autopsy thread & they’re still only up to 11 pages.

& a lot of that is opposition supporters just hanging shit. It’s a bit sad over there.
AFL had the chance to move north Melbourne there and ****ing failed.
Everything Bout gold coast is AFL failure.

They wouldn’t have fared any better. Worse probably.
Gold coast area never been known for huge crowds . Remember the Brisbane bears played there in early years . So the AFL are desperate to break into that region one of the fastest growing cities in Australia . TV rights cover the costs of supporting the subs they get reasonable numbers fir televised matches

AFL is simply trying to grow the game . So Gold Coast is worth persisting with

And if it gives Fremantle a free home win it is ok by me

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back