Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching North vs Tigers - who are looking like the best and most exciting players on the ground?

I have watched approx 25 minutes and Bolton refuses to go near an opponent at stoppage. Baker has done some very good things. The most exciting players seem to be wearing Norths colours. As I haven't watched the whole game I may have missed some high level passages.

Bolton is classy but isn't getting it much for someone playing through the middle so often. He is playing the Sonny mid/fwd role.

To be fair, despite both being down the arse end of the ladder, the clubs are in different places. North have a lot of classy talent coming through, Tigers are sort of heading the other way.

With Bolton, we are somewhat speculating that he’s going to look a lot better in a better side, but I reckon we’ve seen enough of that from when Richmond were good to not worry too much.

Watching North vs Tigers - who are looking like the best and most exciting players on the ground?

I have watched approx 25 minutes and Bolton refuses to go near an opponent at stoppage. Baker has done some very good things. The most exciting players seem to be wearing Norths colours. As I haven't watched the whole game I may have missed some high level passages.

Bolton is classy but isn't getting it much for someone playing through the middle so often. He is playing the Sonny mid/fwd role.
Hang on those 11 possessions and 1.1 is worth 45 first round draft picks

Hang on those 11 possessions and 1.1 is worth 45 first round draft picks

Look I want him - I just feel he was anointed the next Dusty and he isn't close to him. One high first rounder is a high price. Another first is way overs on this form. We would want a large portion of salary paid as well.

He is being paid as though he is a consistent A grader. Is he as good as Papley or Betts or Walters when they were in their prime? Did anyone think we could get 7 and 12 for Walters?

To be fair, despite both being down the arse end of the ladder, the clubs are in different places. North have a lot of classy talent coming through, Tigers are sort of heading the other way.

With Bolton, we are somewhat speculating that he’s going to look a lot better in a better side, but I reckon we’ve seen enough of that from when Richmond were good to not worry too much.

I agree - and think that if the argument is that his form is down because he is in a weaker team, today we can see that perhaps he is just inconsistent.

Look I want him - I just feel he was anointed the next Dusty and he isn't close to him. One high first rounder is a high price. Another first is way overs on this form. We would want a large portion of salary paid as well.

He is being paid as though he is a consistent A grader. Is he as good as Papley or Betts or Walters when they were in their prime? Did anyone think we could get 7 and 12 for Walters?

Nope.

One first and a second. If we wanted to be generous the last two firsts

Huge Daniel Rioli fan, but goodness gracious me, he hasn't gotten out of first gear in the second half. Zero run and not even trying to get a handball receive

After today I think baker would be deadly for us.
Agree. After today I don't want Bolton (too high a price for what he brings), but Baker would be good.

I think it's fair to judge a players mindset by how they compete in a team that's down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back