Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

THISSSS. The Ted Lasso schtick KILLS ME. He’s just a smarmy prick and hilarious how the Ted Lasso thing is dropped when they start losing - he becomes his true self
We were the early canaries in the Collingwood cultleader coalmine.

He fluked his way to a statistically anomalous flag and his bullshit "Let's have fun!" schtick is thinner than the smile of a disapproving mum trying to pretend everything is okay while she’s planning on getting those kids in the car as quick and fuss free as possible.

I love seeing him pacing in his puffy jacket down on the sidelines, pretending everything is still fun. Chomping his PK Blue so hard it’s turning to diamonds.

Twelve months ago it seemed this was being stamped out. It is being encouraged again.

I think they've also put the whistle away on dissent calls and demonstrative displays after a free kick was awarded against Clark for abusing himself.

He fluked his way to a statistically anomalous flag and his bullshit "Let's have fun!" schtick is thinner than the smile of a disapproving mum trying to pretend everything is okay while she’s planning on getting those kids in the car as quick and fuss free as possible.

I love seeing him pacing in his puffy jacket down on the sidelines, pretending everything is still fun. Chomping his PK Blue so hard it’s turning to diamonds.
Never understood the fascination of some with PK Blue...always went hard in about 20 minutes.

Doublemint is where the elite chewers went.

Why would you take a crusty pellet when you can slowly soften a strip.

Some people.

Never understood the fascination of some with PK Blue...always went hard in about 20 minutes.

Doublemint is where the elite chewers went.

Why would you take a crusty pellet when you can slowly soften a strip.

Some people.
Juicy Fruit was alright though.

I was more of a freestyle chewer so it had to be Hubba Bubba, and if I wanted to go full Raygun, it had to be a Big Charlie.

Juicy Fruit was alright though.

I was more of a freestyle chewer so it had to be Hubba Bubba, and if I wanted to go full Raygun, it had to be a Big Charlie.
Juicy Fruit?

Not For Me Fan GIF by INTO ACTION

What I would give for a statistically anomalous flag

The problem with Carlton's embarrassing performance on the weekend and the backlash they got, means this week against the weagles they'll prob smash them, even without the outs.. ugh..

The problem with Carlton's embarrassing performance on the weekend and the backlash they got, means this week against the weagles they'll prob smash them, even without the outs.. ugh..
Carlton with no tall forwards is starting to look like WC. Cripps & Walsh are A grade with Weitering but I think it turns into more of a 50/50.

Lets hope we don't have to rely on it. I think we need to win 1 game to make finals realistically. Getting a few back should balance the ledger a bit and hopefully get us over the line.

We just have to beat the giants this weekend. Season on the line stuff.
This is the kinda game you train all pre season for. We are either good enough or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just realised if we win our last two, Port lose the Showdown and Bulldogs beat GWS in Rd 24 we likely finish 4th. None of that is really out of the question
Love your optimism.

I was originally concerned about Hogan kicking a bundle but after reflecting on the outstanding job Chapman did on Cameron keeping him to only one goal last week, I’m more confident about Chapman keeping Hogan to a similar number.

If that happens and our forwards can kick straight, we will win.

Love your optimism.

I was originally concerned about Hogan kicking a bundle but after reflecting on the outstanding job Chapman did on Cameron keeping him to only one goal last week, I’m more confident about Chapman keeping Hogan to a similar number.

If that happens and our forwards can kick straight, we will win.
Chapman is a good match for Cameron, not so much Hogan. We really need AP so I fully expect him to kick 3+.

I think they've also put the whistle away on dissent calls and demonstrative displays after a free kick was awarded against Clark for abusing himself.
There was a real bad one earlier in the weekend.
Can't remember which teams, but he told the umpire, no, no, no, and remonstrated with him.
And he wasn't saying no to himself, he was berating the umpire. I was waiting , waiting, waiting, for the 50 to come, but not even close to the umpire doing whast he should have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back