Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting how Champion Data reckon that GWS have been lucky to win lately.
Reckon 3 of their wins out of 6, could've gone the other way.
Reckon Brizzy should've won last week, but bad kicking for goal was their problem.
@AFLxScore has a 95-63 expected scoreline in favour of Brisbane. A 50 point difference to what actually happened.

Giansiracusa has said no also according to the AFL website. Looks like it’s Schofield by default unless a shock name becomes available.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Brett Montgomery is the other one that is still in the race

It's remarkable how many possibles are excusing themselves from the WCE coaching search list, Hansen and Giansiracusa are the latest I've noticed. They make their excuses but the reality is that if you want a shot at the top job you don't get many chances. Why are the mighty Eagles so on the nose? Overnight success is not on the cards but you would have thought such a well resourced club won't stay down for long. Is Pyke really hard to work with? I'm setting myself up for a wonder bag of responses here but why do others think the Bin Chickens are struggling to attract quality applicants? The song's not that bad...

It's remarkable how many possibles are excusing themselves from the WCE coaching search list, Hansen and Giansiracusa are the latest I've noticed. They make their excuses but the reality is that if you want a shot at the top job you don't get many chances. Why are the mighty Eagles so on the nose? Overnight success is not on the cards but you would have thought such a well resourced club won't stay down for long. Is Pyke really hard to work with? I'm setting myself up for a wonder bag of responses here but why do others think the Bin Chickens are struggling to attract quality applicants? The song's not that bad...
It's not Pyke, it's the bloke below him (and the time period of getting that list back to something respectable).

I like Laidley's comment: "Schoey's 'working class' style could win coaching race'". Except he's the only one in the race :think:

Wow..those ins for Carlton. It’s like 9 random names from a phone book.

Five players named for their debut. It’s an extended bench so three probably don’t play but still two debutants this late is the season for the 9th best team who’ll go into the eight if they win is pretty crazy. Not sure I’ve seen that many injuries in a single week for one team tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are some jobs I think as a coach you look at and go do I really want to burn my career.

Let's be honest rebuild coaches don't make it to the end.

Taking the Eagles job as a rookie by year 3 or 4 unless you deep in the finals they don't survive. As your coming already after 3 years of misery so fans get more restless the longer it takes.

Can you see the Eagles achieving that in 3-4 years

I had a nightmare last night.

Brave Carlton won 33-31 in a low scoring bore fest against the Eagles with a last-minute goal to end our finals chances.

Thankfully I woke up and returned to reality.

I had a nightmare last night.

Brave Carlton won 33-31 in a low scoring bore fest against the Eagles with a last-minute goal to end our finals chances.

Thankfully I woke up and returned to reality.
Can just imagine it - Some absolute BS umpiring in the last minute of the game hands Carlton the lead and eagles fans are mad for about ten minutes until they remember this season means nothing for them and Freo will now miss finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back