Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah well. I donā€™t feel so bad about the fact Iā€™m going to Europe for September now.
I can forget about Bangkok - Melbourne flight now.
As crazy as it sounds but the price was 1/3 Rd the price of Perth-Melbourne yet the government still insists that international carriers must fly across the country half empty.

Swans v GWS rivalry is there mate.

3 finals and GWS have beaten big brother all 3 times and the swans fans hate it.

Throw in Toby Greene taking the piss out of Issac Heeney earlier this year. after the tribunal.

They have had some great battles over the years.

And Buddy Franklin using GWS as a smokescreen to go play for the Swans.

Amazing to think us & West Coast have never played in a final against each other in 30 years while the 2 Sydney teams have already done it 3 times in a dozen years.
Also the showdown is a good rivalry to watch as a Neutral too.

I have enjoyed most Showdowns since the Adelaide oval era partly because it has been competitive and have close games.

Swans v GWS rivalry is there mate.

3 finals and GWS have beaten big brother all 3 times and the swans fans hate it.

Throw in Toby Greene taking the piss out of Issac Heeney earlier this year. after the tribunal.

They have had some great battles over the years.

And Buddy Franklin using GWS as a smokescreen to go play for the Swans.

Amazing to think us & West Coast have never played in a final against each other in 30 years while the 2 Sydney teams have already done it 3 times in a dozen years.
Had our chance in 2015 for a GF Derby but couldn't get it done against Hawthorn in the Prelim. We were flying early too. Mayne was lining up for our 3rd goal in a row to start the game and he sprayed a pretty easy shot. Hawks went coast to coast from the kick in and kicked a goal. Never looked back after that. Mayne kicks that and who knows what happens. We were all over them but that miss was so deflating.

Had our chance in 2015 for a GF Derby but couldn't get it done against Hawthorn in the Prelim. We were flying early too. Mayne was lining up for our 3rd goal in a row to start the game and he sprayed a pretty easy shot. Hawks went coast to coast from the kick in and kicked a goal. Never looked back after that. Mayne kicks that and who knows what happens. We were all over them but that miss was so deflating.

Thank good we didnā€™t, otherwise we wouldā€™ve got our arses kicked and the Eagles would have 5.

Fyfe broke his leg and Pav blew a calf in that final

Had we made the 2015 Grand final, we would of lost.

Pavlich and Fyfe were too injured to play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I just say that I am stoked the Blues are getting talked up massively for their heroic win against the West Coast Witches Hats. Hopefully they fill up on bathwater.

Like, it would have been perfectly meritorious if the Eagles had shown up and had a crack. The reality was it was a training run against 3rd bottom going at about 50%.

Last edited:
With Richmond losing/trading their stars, find it really unfair thay theyā€™ll get pick 1/2 this year (if West Coast donā€™t get priority)

2020 Premiers to Wooden Spooners. I mean itā€™s their own fault with list management- getting Hooper, Prestia, Lynch, Taranto.

With Richmond losing/trading their stars, find it really unfair thay theyā€™ll get pick 1/2 this year (if West Coast donā€™t get priority)

2020 Premiers to Wooden Spooners. I mean itā€™s their own fault with list management- getting Hooper, Prestia, Lynch, Taranto.
It's how the system is supposed to work. You're up for a while (and they cashed in hard) and then you go back to the depths.

How is that unfair? They had a long period of success and are now down the bottom. Kinda the whole point of the draft is it not? What's unfair is Brisbane getting a top 5 prospect and finishing inside the top 6.

Prestia and Lynch helped them secure premierships, agree on Hopper and Taranto though, tried the restump and unsurprisingly it backfired, bit like us in 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back