Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 28 62.2%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Moore’s fault. Came very close to taking out the legs and ****ing up Pickett who went to soccer the ball.
who went to soccer the ball...and somehow managed in the act of soccering to perfectly shape to bump and collect Moore in the head who was sliding in at speed to gather a ground ball? And Pickett, who has such a clean record of soccering the ball and not bumping people forcefully high. Remarkable.

It's a snapshot, but does Pickett's line of sight here help those who think his focus was on the ball decide where it really was? Is it any surprise that the force of the impact landed exactly where it was intended?

1724422355267.png

He is fine for me. The real question should be why in the actual hell is Moore sliding in like that? There is no reason at all to go to ground let alone slide in recklessly to win that ball.

It's a snapshot, but does Pickett's line of sight here help those who think his focus was on the ball decide where it really was? Is it any surprise that the force of the impact landed exactly where it was intended?

View attachment 2089002
Yeah if a player slides straight into me my line of sight is going to be on them. In terms of potential to cause injury Moores act is much more reckless

Moore has 35cm on Pickett. At no point should his head even been close to point of impact if he hadn’t slid in and endangered himself and Pickett

Last edited:
Only a few years from this game being totally unrecognisable wont be long before the speccy will be disallowed because launching with your knee causes concussion.
Well it should be.

It's one of those things in our sport where clear violations of the rule are allowed because it looks cool.

Like running too far (unless your Neil Erasmus) or push in the back (except when they decided it's a rule occasionally)

Well it should be.

It's one of those things in our sport where clear violations of the rule are allowed because it looks cool.

Like running too far (unless your Neil Erasmus) or push in the back (except when they decided it's a rule occasionally)
Yeah i love the speccy but it’s completely contradictory that’s it’s fine when all other head high contact ( including high fend offs which have very little repercussions other than throat injuries) are not allowed

Well it should be.

That’s what i mean the game will be unrecognisable i mean it’s only been in the game for a hundred years , the only sport in the world that changes the rules on a regular basis.

I was bored and was going through the old all Australian teams. 2003 onwards.

Judd barely got in one while at the Eagles.
Same with Fyfe. Some weird decisions back in the day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to crack the All Victorian squad if you play for interstate team. Always been that way.

That would explain how Matt Priddis and Lachie Neale could both win a brownlow and somehow be left out of the side.

Norf being their usual dogshit somehow bothers me more than usual today
West Coast
Say What Oh Hell No GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Oscar Allen and injury…name a more iconic duo

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back