Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I didnt see the Kings birthday game.

How long was Petracca out there for and what can the doctors do if a competitive player like Petracca forces himself back out there.

We are kidding ourselves to think there isn't pressure on the doctors in the heat of the moment if it isn't concussion related and the players he will play through the pain what can you do handcuff him the sideline.

I don't think that's the issue, the issue from what I can gather is that the club basically treated him like it was a standard hammy injury. He legit almost died and went trough some absolute trauma and his gripe seems to be that nobody reached out and tried to make sure he was first OK and second still felt involved in the team. Can totally understand why he feels let down.

Would be? We passed that a long time ago. I look forward to them losing and for the team that everyone complains has gone past us to have still won less finals than we have in the last 6 years.

Bring it on, they play the best brand of football in the comp and it's not even close. Would love for our guys to show some actual personality out on the field.

Rioli for pick 6 is nuts.

Especially given its seemingly gonna be like 6 + 20 if the media is correct.
Pick 6 is disgusting, if they chuck in 20 Dimma needs to be investigated for being a mole

Someone mentioned this on the main board thread but the draft support used to support GC is basically being passed onto whoever trades with them at this point.

This club should be folded when Tasmania comes in.
The funniest thing about this is a not small number of Richmond supporters think they shouldnt trade him unless its pick 6 AND the Dogs pick. I hope to have a dynasty and be as delusional as that board one day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a salary dump. They needed to pay another club to take on the contract.
That's what they thought.

Geelong were into him regardless, problem was, Gold Coast had already come out and said they would include the pick with him.

That was a salary dump. They needed to pay another club to take on the contract.

I know what it was, they still gifted a club pick 7 to take a player so pick 6 for Rioli isn't too bad in comparison. No other club is sending a player and a top 10 pick to a club for a future 3rd, picks don't matter to GC.

The funniest thing about this is a not small number of Richmond supporters think they shouldnt trade him unless its pick 6 AND the Dogs pick. I hope to have a dynasty and be as delusional as that board one day
Saw another on Twitter saying it should be pick 6 AND Ethan Read for Rioli.

They are full crazy.

Saw another on Twitter saying it should be pick 6 AND Ethan Read for Rioli.

They are full crazy.
2 x PrEmiErsHip PlaYeR*

*may or may not have been a complete spud and passenger in each of those premierships he played in

People mentioning premierships when discussing a players trade value is the equivalent of listing an Olympic Gold medal when discussing an NBA player.

An NBA title is far more attributable to individuals due to the number of players on a team. There are soooooo many spud Premiership players in the AFL.

I wish we had some.

Anyway, Rioli being talked about being worth pick 6, surely Richmond are paying most of his salary for that to happen? He is worth a late first at most. Unless I'm delusional.

These snozberries taste like snozberries.

People mentioning premierships when discussing a players trade value is the equivalent of listing an Olympic Gold medal when discussing an NBA player.

An NBA title is far more attributable to individuals due to the number of players on a team. There are soooooo many spud Premiership players in the AFL.

I wish we had some.

Anyway, Rioli being talked about being worth pick 6, surely Richmond are paying most of his salary for that to happen? He is worth a late first at most. Unless I'm delusional.

These snozberries taste like snozberries.
Even then Patrick McCaw at one point won 3 NBA championships in a row.

Who you might ask? Exactly.

You part timers have no idea. Pick 6 is cursed and they'll be well to be rid of the damn thing. Yeaaargh

images (7).jpeg
IMG_20240827_190850.jpg IMG_20240827_191506.jpg
Ask anyone from Adelaide what happened to Fisher McAsey and they'll say he didn't have the desire to continue to improve but that wasn't it. It was the curse.

images (8).jpeg

Jaiden Stephenson won the rising star but even he couldn't escape the curse. Smartest thing Collingwood did was to move the curse on. Look at him now;

images (9).jpeg

Denver Grainger-Barras was one of the most ready to go key backs. We all knew of him being from WA and all. Should we get him? Not on your life.

Sam Petetrevski-Seton. Don't lie, you wanted him too. Did Carlton ruin his development or was it the curse?

Actually, I'm going with Carlton ruined his development.

*If you reply to this I'm going to post the that's the joke picture.

Last edited:
You part timers have no idea. Pick 6 is cursed and they'll be well to be rid of the damn thing. Yeaaargh

View attachment 2094004
View attachment 2093998View attachment 2094006
Ask anyone from Adelaide what happened to Fisher McAsey and they'll say he didn't have the desire to continue to improve but that wasn't it. It was the curse.

View attachment 2094021

Jaiden Stephenson won the rising star but even he couldn't escape the curse. Smartest thing Collingwood did was to move the curse on. Look at him now;

View attachment 2094020

Denver Grainger-Barras was one of the most ready to go key backs. We all knew of him being from WA and all. Should we get him? Not on your life.

Sam Petetrevski-Seton. Don't lie, you wanted him too. Did Carlton ruin his development or was it the curse?

Actually, I'm going with Carlton ruined his development.
Yes but the pick will move back at least once thanks to Ashcroft on draft night....

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back