Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But no team goes through a season without missing key players at times due to injury. Good teams find a way. Coulda shoulda woulda's are just excuses. I know he's past it but the Cats did that without Hawkins Stewart and DK.
Hawkins injury was the biggest gift they got. Was dead weight preceding it and it happened the right time to allow Neale to have enough time to acclimate.

There's no such thing as "excuse" really, it's whether said thing has an impact or not. Geelong got lucky winning 7 straight to start the season. Then went through an extended period of looking well cooked, but had enough time (and a weird enough season all round) to sort out the pieces to get back into some semblance of form.

I'd say having a shed list of experience (and Jeremy Cameron paired with Dangerfield's resurgence) came in very handy for structural rupture buffering.

Hawkins injury was the biggest gift they got. Was dead weight preceding it and it happened the right time to allow Neale to have enough time to acclimate.

There's no such thing as "excuse" really, it's whether said thing has an impact or not. Geelong got lucky winning 7 straight to start the season. Then went through an extended period of looking well cooked, but had enough time (and a weird enough season all round) to sort out the pieces to get back into some semblance of form.

I'd say having a shed list of experience (and Jeremy Cameron paired with Dangerfield's resurgence) came in very handy for structural rupture buffering.
I’d add, that we did manage to win games without Darcy, then Cox we also then won games without Pearce, the bridge too far was missing Darcy, Pearce and Treacy at the same time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back