Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Either Sydney or Geelong to win, just because every other result would really shit me to tears.

Geeebung winning would stamp Scott as one of the all time great coaches and would make his speech at Cameron Schwab’s farewell from Freo do one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed.

Long story short, he didn’t expect to be called up to speak and spent the whole time half-jokingly trying to secure a job.

Which we didn’t give him.

Yair, Motlop not good.

Chad Warner, though, he’s really good. Tagged, couldn’t find a way into the game and then, when shit really needed to get done, he just willed himself into being. As the campaigner that gets shit done.

Tonight was a good insight into the abilities of Jesse Motlop. I’ve seen a few fans on here wanting to trade him in to freo.

He’s a spud.

I think there’s a few Carlton fans that would gladly drive him back over the Nullarbor to us and give us a pick too.
Don’t disagree but I think playing for Carlton and under the very limited coaching abilities of Voss could possibly mean he’s not being utilised/developed* as best he could

But yeah despite that and our weakness in small fwd area he’s not someone I hope were chasing

*Carlton’s player development on the general is abysmal outside absolute A grade talents they got with top 10 picks who would’ve become good no matter what , hence so many players traded in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t disagree but I think playing for Carlton and under the very limited coaching abilities of Voss could possibly mean he’s not being utilised/developed* as best he could

But yeah despite that and our weakness in small fwd area he’s not someone I hope were chasing

*Carlton’s player development on the general is abysmal outside absolute A grade talents they got with top 10 picks who would’ve become good no matter what , hence so many players traded in
Here’s an interesting one for anyone who wasn’t aware ( me before this evening)

Apparently Zac Dawson is Carlton’s development academy manager 🤣

He's not fast enough for the role. Would be just about the slowest small in the comp I think

Acres was good for the Blues tonight, I'm still stunned we let him go and then signed JOM.

What if you were comparing JOM's two years at Fremantle with the first two years Acres played as part of his 3 year Fremantle contract, would you say:

a) Acres better
b) JOM better
c) both serviceable
d) two way tie for a ticket to Dudsville
e) all of the above
f) none of the above
g) Yeah nah

We can go on and on about teams "deserving" finals and what not, but in their last 10 games Carlton have not beaten a single top 15 side.
I’d almost bet my house on us putting up a better show than both Carlton and Port Adelaide did
May not have won but highly unlikely we go 0-60 in the first half and get beaten by 84 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back