Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 57.4%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I just dont want Geelong their because I'm sick of them and I'm also salty about Neale. I'm salty about the shit Swans have always gotten as well and their entitled supporters but they are still my preference over everyone.

I got over it once my tomato sauce told me in 2021 he really, really wanted to come back to Freo with the team/coach evolution - it wasn't just a partner-led thing.

I'd be OK with it now.

An amazing stat on the Port board that they won 2 of the 12 quarters of finals footy they played this year. That's appalling for a team that finished second.
Losing to them in the last round at home with a finals spot for the taking was really high level pooch screwing. It's looking worse and worse that result
With Rioli leaving his best for last.
Looked unfit, uninterested and keen to go partying ASAP during the finals.

Dull prelim. Confirms my belief that Port were not a top four quality side, let alone top 2.

IMO if they sack Ken they won’t have these mercurial games that keep their wins ticking along, but will be better in the long run. You can build something around JHF, Rozee, Butters and Burgoyne.
They always beat us especially in big games.

An amazing stat on the Port board that they won 2 of the 12 quarters of finals footy they played this year. That's appalling for a team that finished second.
Losing to them in the last round at home with a finals spot for the taking was really high level pooch screwing. It's looking worse and worse that result
And they had nothing to play for.

The pressure got to us.

If we had a finals spot locked in I reckon we would hammered them

On the flip side, I dont think either Geelong or Brisbane can get near Sydney's midfield, particularly Geelong.
That's what people were saying about Geelong heading into the Port game. I said in the game thread before the match that Geelong were more impressive against us. They are very even across the park. They'll have Stewart in there. Holmes, Bowes, Atkins, Dangerfield. Lots of physicality. They can handle Sydney at the MCG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what people were saying about Geelong heading into the Port game. I said in the game thread before the match that Geelong were more impressive against us. They are very even across the park. They'll have Stewart in there. Holmes, Bowes, Atkins, Dangerfield. Lots of physicality. They can handle Sydney at the MCG.
Port in finals dont count, it's Port in finals.

Just know their roles, plus it’s the MCG.

They only played the GF two years ago.. that would be in Sydney’s minds.

infuriating.

Just to add salt to the wound as well their overall W-L record was inflated due to winning so many close games.

Out of 7 games under 10 points they lost like one … (even just reverting that record more to the average ,say losing 2 more )and they just scrape finals -likely losing first week and their first rounder that we have would’ve been like 11/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back