Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've a bit of a struggle on who to emotionally affeelihate right now. The Lions seemed to get a bit of a cupping from the umpires to assist their roll on last week and this remains a sour taste.

Of course every chance of a change in hate once the game is underway.

Going to tonight's game. On one hand, I want Brisbane to win, but on the other I think Geelong are a better chance next week.

I like Daniher, so I'll be cheering on the Lions.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
More fair Claire's if you have two non-Vic teams at the MCG GF though... might good for a bit of Vic saltiness along the way too.

More fair Claire's if you have two non-Vic teams at the MCG GF though... might good for a bit of Vic saltiness along the way too.
That's the very added extra bonus, it will annoy the Vics.

From a selfish perspective, better chance I'll have of getting a walk in seat next week too with my mcc

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We should all be supporting the cats tonight, VFL hate the idea of two “interstate” teams being in the grand final, if it happens this year there’s no way they’ll let it happen again next year.
We all know our best chance of winning a GF is against another non vic team, so should be hoping for that next year.

The Geelong hate is unwarranted imo. You hate them why? Because they've just been good for so long? Reminds me of oppo fans hating the Wildcats in the NBL because they're just historically better than everyone else.

We've beaten them in those finals, and there isn't any recent rivalry between the two teams, and we've actually had the upper hand over them in recent times. They haven't poached any of our players and there's not really any sniping grubs on their team. The worst thing they've done against us is play a home final on their home ground and lose it.

Just a very boring team to hate for no reason because you'll never get the satisfaction of seeing them bottom out, let alone miss finals for more than a year in a row.

I'm barracking for Geelong. Selwood is gone. Love watching the likes of Cameron, Stewart, Dempsey, Stengle. Huge respect for Scott.

Don't want Neale winning one, and I find Fagan, Rayner, Hipwood, Zorko, Berry immensely unlikeable. I think it's a rort with their F/S and academy picks. Same with Sydney, so I don't want them to win either.

I'm barracking for Geelong. Selwood is gone. Love watching the likes of Cameron, Stewart, Dempsey, Stengle. Huge respect for Scott.

Don't want Neale winning one, and I find Fagan, Rayner, Hipwood, Zorko, Berry immensely unlikeable. I think it's a rort with their F/S and academy picks. Same with Sydney, so I don't want them to win either.
Brisbane being deep in finals for the past six years and still getting free access to top 3 picks is a disgrace really. Fagan is such an unlikeable campaigner that the media have always tried to make out to be this cute old likeable grandpa and it's nauseating. Never forget that campaigner literally staying over at Neale's place (a contracted player) over the trade period to pressure a deal to get done and play good guy.

We should all be supporting the cats tonight, VFL hate the idea of two “interstate” teams being in the grand final, if it happens this year there’s no way they’ll let it happen again next year.
We all know our best chance of winning a GF is against another non vic team, so should be hoping for that next year.
If they hate the idea why would they let the idea happen any year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Geelong hate is unwarranted imo. You hate them why? Because they've just been good for so long? Reminds me of oppo fans hating the Wildcats in the NBL because they're just historically better than everyone else.

We've beaten them in those finals, and there isn't any recent rivalry between the two teams, and we've actually had the upper hand over them in recent times. They haven't poached any of our players and there's not really any sniping grubs on their team. The worst thing they've done against us is play a home final on their home ground and lose it.

Just a very boring team to hate for no reason because you'll never get the satisfaction of seeing them bottom out, let alone miss finals for more than a year in a row.
Brisbane took it right up to Collingwood in the GF and almost won. They are a better chance of defeating Sydney then Geelong.

Their close game record was horseshit, we were honestly robbed of another top 10 pick.
We probably would have given any extra draft capital from port finishing 10th instead of 3rd to Richmond in trade week anyway, for minimal extra change back. At least based on the speculation of what Bolton is worth is trending towards.

By the time trade week comes around he’ll be worth 3 firsts ☹️

We probably would have given any extra draft capital from port finishing 10th instead of 3rd to Richmond in trade week anyway, for minimal extra change back. At least based on the speculation of what Bolton is worth is trending towards.

By the time trade week comes around he’ll be worth 3 firsts ☹️
I've been pleasantly surprised on the prices said from media for Bolton to be honest. It's Baker I don't understand

I have always hated them. Plus an Eagle I know has started supporting them now that the Weags are shit. He is insufferable at the best of times and he will be a lot worse if they win the flag. **** them and **** him.

And they gave us Jordan Clarke

Blue and white hoops. Polly Farmer. Pasties Peake. Mark Bairstow. Stephen O’Reilly.

Playing entertaining footy under Blight but perennially falling short.

Hating West Coast.

There is a lot to like about Geebung.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back