Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

South celebrating their 150 years as a bona fide VFL team by making Treloar and Lobb look like All Australians.

LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not been a good year for milestones, Port shat the bed when memorializing their 2004 permission too.

Not good results for us today, with Bulldogs and the Hawks also getting a % boost. The good thing is that all final positions (including maybe even the minor premiership) are open to us. The bad thing is that if we play badly, and lose 3 of our remaining matches, we may not even make the finals. What an exciting and tumultuous month to look forward to!

Hoping for a Tigers/Swans/Crows trifecta today.
I was always a rotten gambler.

Forget about the top eight, the Dogs want top four. They're third on percentage at the moment. They've got Melbourne, Adelaide, North and us.

The Hawks are just outside the eight on percentage. They've got us, Carlton, Richmond and North.

I was always a rotten gambler.

Forget about the top eight, the Dogs want top four. They're third on percentage at the moment. They've got Melbourne, Adelaide, North and us.

The Hawks are just outside the eight on percentage. They've got us, Carlton, Richmond and North.
Some very nervy weeks coming up for us by the looks!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some very nervy weeks coming up for us by the looks!!
We need to play better overall than we have last 3 weeks.
It seems the most in form and relatively injury free teams are Brisbane, Fremantle, Bulldogs, Hawthorn, we play all of them in our last 4 games.
I think all of these teams are missing only 1 of their top 12 or so players at the moment ( Mitch Lewis, Coleman, Bailey Smith all out for the season with knee injuries).

We need to play better overall than we have last 3 weeks.
It seems the most in form and relatively injury free teams are Brisbane, Fremantle, Bulldogs, Hawthorn, we play all of them in our last 4 games.
I think all of these teams are missing only 1 of their top 12 or so players at the moment ( Mitch Lewis, Coleman, Bailey Smith all out for the season with knee injuries).
Agree.

Although, out of the lot I think we're one of the more younger/inexperienced sides, similar to the Hawks. Just can't recall where we sit compared to them.

We are not outside the 8 trying to force our way in.

We should not be worried about any other teams - any other results

If we’re not good enough to win our remaining games, we don’t deserve finals
Good point.

Still, the ladder is made up of wins, losses and draws.

Can't discount other teams losing or winning certain games, especially as things tighten towards the last few remaining rounds.

Good point.

Still, the ladder is made up of wins, losses and draws.

Can't discount other teams losing or winning certain games, especially as things tighten towards the last few remaining rounds.
We’re above 13 other clubs. If we keep winning we will still be above 13 other clubs.

Just keep winning.

Don’t worry about the noise

Anyone noticed "Fixture Analysis" on the AFL website?

The headline says "Pies, Bombers face brutal runs in finals chase".

Collingwood play three of these brutal games at the MCG - Carlton, Brisbane and Melbourne. The other one is Sydney at the SCG. That gets them the "hardest" ranking of all teams.

Essendon are ranked second hardest, playing Fremantle at the MCG, the Suns away, Sydney at Marvel, and Brisbane at the Gabba.

Us? We're only third, having to play four in-form teams in Hawthorn, Brisbane, Fremantle and the Bulldogs.

Vic-bias strikes again.

Collingwood play three of these brutal games at the MCG - Carlton, Brisbane and Melbourne. The other one is Sydney at the SCG. That gets them the "hardest" ranking of all teams.

Essendon are ranked second hardest, playing Fremantle at the MCG, the Suns away, Sydney at Marvel, and Brisbane at the Gabba.

Us? We're only third, having to play four in-form teams in Hawthorn, Brisbane, Fremantle and the Bulldogs.

Vic-bias strikes again.
Unsurprised

Vic-bias strikes again.
They both play 4 teams well above them, we play a couple of in form teams that are still below us on the ladder ... not at all unfair ranking wise

When Tom Green tells the truth on a podcast, VFL HQ immediately attacks and fines him.

Yet when the CEO of a VFL mates club brings the game into complete disrepute, the silent support from VFL HQ is deafening.

How can non-Victorian teams grow the game while forever shackled to the disgraceful behaviour of the VFL mates club and cover-ups at VFL HQ?.

When Tom Green tells the truth on a podcast, VFL HQ immediately attacks and fines him.

Yet when the CEO of a VFL mates club brings the game into complete disrepute, the silent support from VFL HQ is deafening.

How can non-Victorian teams grow the game while forever shackled to the disgraceful behaviour of the VFL mates club and cover-ups at VFL HQ?.

I miss something?

Edit.Never mind just sore the Kelly thing. Wow.

To be fair it took the VFL a week to hit Green. You would think with this they would get a move on though

Last edited:
It’s annoying that he’s getting reprimanded for saying what every fan on message boards, twitter, Facebook, TikTok & YouTube comments sections etc, and every ex-player turned pundit and every sports journalist on every panel show radio show or podcast is saying.

That the AFL believe it is more important to reprimand Green rather than address the underlying issues being raised is … well… predictable

It’s annoying that he’s getting reprimanded for saying what every fan on message boards, twitter, Facebook, TikTok & YouTube comments sections etc, and every ex-player turned pundit and every sports journalist on every panel show radio show or podcast is saying.

That the AFL believe it is more important to reprimand Green rather than address the underlying issues being raised is … well… predictable
I do agree. But there were a couple of statements he made out of all them, as an employee, that over stepped the bounds.

When I originally noticed there was a response was expecting a fine or something similar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back