Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We didn’t really hate Collingwood did we ? We were just pretending right ?
If not for them and their falling over the line, the Giants would've played in the Grand Final last year. Just a reminder. :p

Not that it changes anything from what was expected, but the Dogs are feasting on Kangaroo carcass today.

Hopefully the Poodles just gently drift into semi-complacency and have a light week on the track.

Glad we have the extra day’s recovery and break, albeit that we’ll need it for travel.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could knock them out of the finals in the last round 2 years in a row, I would be so happy
I don’t know who I hate the most - Bulldogs or South Melbourne. In the end I know I should get over it, but I still can’t forgive the 2016 “win” the mutts got due to the VFL umpires - which robbed probably our strongest ever side of it’s inaugural premiership. With the Swans, whilst they may talk big and beat us in the home and away season, we own them in the finals with a 3 win - 0 loss record.

I don’t know who I hate the most - Bulldogs or South Melbourne. In the end I know I should get over it, but I still can’t forgive the 2016 “win” the mutts got due to the VFL umpires - which robbed probably our strongest ever side of it’s inaugural premiership. With the Swans, whilst they may talk big and beat us in the home and away season, we own them in the finals with a 3 win - 0 loss record.
I do and it's not the Swans. Any antipathy to them is from the Lions days rather than the Giants - locally I feel like they're the yardstick we need to measure against rather than vie with them.

Support in Sydney definitely isn't a zero sum game where every person we recruit comes from the other, unlike in the saturated markets down south. The more the merrier.

On the other hand the Dogs can get ducked with a spiky pole.

I do and it's not the Swans. Any antipathy to them is from the Lions days rather than the Giants - locally I feel like they're the yardstick we need to measure against rather than vie with them.

Support in Sydney definitely isn't a zero sum game where every person we recruit comes from the other, unlike in the saturated markets down south. The more the merrier.

On the other hand the Dogs can get ducked with a spiky pole.
What did the Poles ever do to deserve that?

OMG

A well-known sports journalist has died after being struck by a truck at a Melbourne intersection.

Police responded to a collision in Richmond on Tuesday morning at the intersection of Bridge Road and Church Street at about 10:20am.

Sam Landsberger, 35, was transported to hospital with life-threatening injuries and died a short time later.

My condolences to his friends and family.

OMG

A well-known sports journalist has died after being struck by a truck at a Melbourne intersection.

Police responded to a collision in Richmond on Tuesday morning at the intersection of Bridge Road and Church Street at about 10:20am.

Sam Landsberger, 35, was transported to hospital with life-threatening injuries and died a short time later.

My condolences to his friends and family.
Awful.
I liked him on mid week tackle.
Very sad news.

Jesse Hogan is 13 goals ahead of Ben King ... really, really difficult to topple for the Coleman Medal now.

But, wait until Sunday afternoon!

With the way Geelong are scoring it looks like they'll be winning by at least 100 points.

Which is good for us. Win or lose tomorrow we should be playing our first final in Sydney.
Geez. 100 point half-time lead to the Cats.
Our fate is still in our hands but the potential week 1 scenarios are all in play.

Geez. 100 point half-time lead to the Cats.
Our fate is still in our hands but the potential week 1 scenarios are all in play.
disappointing that West Coast couldn’t put a better fight, although there’s still the second half. So essentially
  • we lose to the Bulldogs tomorrow, and unless Port lose by 6-8 goals more than the margin we lose by, we will be 4th and play the Swans in the first week
  • win and no matter what we will end up with our highest ever finishing position at the end of the home and away season! whether it is 2nd or 3rd depends if Port beats Freo or if our win is bigger than Port’s winning margin by 6-8 goals

An exciting weekend of footy ahead!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back