Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The goal umpire being hit in the back of the head by a bottle thrown at the Blues vs Saints game is a real problem.

If VFL HQ were really concerned about umpires, there would surely be a sanction against the club in question (and I don’t know whose fan did it).

However, much easy to apply the Toby tax to us and turn a blind eye to umpire safety to protect VFL clubs.

In European football, clubs face real penalties for serious misbehaviour in the stands by their fans.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The goal umpire being hit in the back of the head by a bottle thrown at the Blues vs Saints game is a real problem.

If VFL HQ were really concerned about umpires, there would surely be a sanction against the club in question (and I don’t know whose fan did it).

However, much easy to apply the Toby tax to us and turn a blind eye to umpire safety to protect VFL clubs.

In European football, clubs face real penalties for serious misbehaviour in the stands by their fans.

Fortunately this sort of behaviour is rare in Australia. Should be a police matter and the offender facing court.
In European football the fans hate each other simply because of the team they support. Let’s not over react on the back of one criminal idiot.

Fortunately this sort of behaviour is rare in Australia. Should be a police matter and the offender facing court.
In European football the fans hate each other simply because of the team they support. Let’s not over react on the back of one criminal idiot.
And a life ban to the idiot.

Long memory of TFG getting 6 weeks for imperceptible contact with an umpire.

The rationale was that it was imperative to send a message by punishing our club and undermining our next season.

I’d be very happy to play by one set of rules.

But it’s a two tier system of injustice at VFL HQ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor Freo. Their season fell apart in the last month.
Losing today means that we've spared ourselves a trip to Adelaide.
Looking at the finals draw, if we win the QF, there's a chance we'd play either Hawthorn or the Bulldogs in the PF, if either of them get past the loser of the Port-Geelong QF.

Lose the QF, and we host the winner of the EF between Brisbane and Carlton. I think we know who that's going to be. Whoever wins that travels to face the winner of the QF between Port-Geelong.

So if we knock off the Swans in QF, they might end up facing Port in Adelaide in the PF. :devil:

Liam Jones gets off with a fine. The fix is on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back