Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting take from Caro for the Swans v Giants finals game and I agree with all angles for various reasons.

Although, I agree with the current Saturday schedule for fans to be able to arrive that may live further away and this schedule has a heavy lean to accommodate families with kids. I do not believe that was the sole reason for scheduling us in the timeslot.

Kingsley said earlier this year he wanted as many people as possible in western Sydney turning on their TV's to watch our game. Not having us in primetime does not necessarily support that growth, even if I do agree with the current fixture for families to attend. If Giants fans do not show up in numbers for this game then I'd probably reconsider and say game should've been on at primetime.

Will be more interested to see the ratings and if there's any growth compared to last year. I think this is the only round of the finals series with an afternoon slot, the other finals rounds are evening/twilight so we're unlikely to see it again this finals series.

Andrew Dillon on AFL360

Last edited:

Interesting take from Caro for the Swans v Giants finals game and I agree with all angles for various reasons.

Although, I agree with the current Saturday schedule for fans to be able to arrive that may live further away and this schedule has a heavy lean to accommodate families with kids. I do not believe that was the sole reason for scheduling us in the timeslot.

Kingsley said earlier this year he wanted as many people as possible in western Sydney turning on their TV's to watch our game. Not having us in primetime does not necessarily support that growth, even if I do agree with the current fixture for families to attend. If Giants fans do not show up in numbers for this game then I'd probably reconsider and say game should've been on at primetime.

Will be more interested to see the ratings and if there's any growth compared to last year. I think this is the only round of the finals series with an afternoon slot, the other finals rounds are evening/twilight so we're unlikely to see it again this finals series.

Andrew Dillon on AFL360

Dillon talking crap, and Hutchy didn;t want to know what Caro had to say. Typical Victorian, self-interest first.

it was a very Victorian response.
When we see 90K at the MCG we will know it was the right choice.
They keep prioritising Vic teams this will always be the result.

Hello, I’m was referred here by your Chief Bandwagon Officer, Broden Kelly, as seen on ‘The Footy with Broden Kelly’

Consider me your number one bandwagoner this September 🍊

I come in peace, etc.

Felt Monty was/is a strong chance for the Eagles job. Nothing leaking out of WCE at all in that area, though. In fact, as some journos have noted, it's conspicuously, deafeningly quiet.

You nuffies over here ain't got some resident insiders who've heard anything?

I come in peace, etc.

Felt Monty was/is a strong chance for the Eagles job. Nothing leaking out of WCE at all in that area, though. In fact, as some journos have noted, it's conspicuously, deafeningly quiet.

You nuffies over here ain't got some resident insiders who've heard anything?
Pretty quiet here too.

I guess still being in finals, we/he are likely to keep it pretty quiet just to avoid any impact on the team during the next month.

Wouldn't the AFL preferred GWS to win over the bulldogs?
I understand in the Grand Final they preferred
Bulldogs to Swans as swans had won recently in 2012.
They don't want us anywhere near the GF - we don't bring enough fans or media attention.

They're happy enough for us to make finals, so they can point out the success of the second team in Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They don't want us anywhere near the GF - we don't bring enough fans or media attention.

They're happy enough for us to make finals, so they can point out the success of the second team in Sydney.
Bingo, the non Vics are here just to be competitive.
The big vfl media dollars come in when the big vic clubs are in it or the small ones for the fairytales.

Seems there were two occasions when Luke Breust came close to joining us…

There was a four-year deal on the table and it got very close. I had a couple of conversations with Leon on the Giants’ direction and how they were tracking,” Breust said.

“I knew where the Hawks were at and I knew the role I could play for the Giants on field, but the off-field development side as well.

“It was a tough decision and it did go down to the wire.

Seems there were two occasions when Luke Breust came close to joining us…

There was a four-year deal on the table and it got very close. I had a couple of conversations with Leon on the Giants’ direction and how they were tracking,” Breust said.

“I knew where the Hawks were at and I knew the role I could play for the Giants on field, but the off-field development side as well.

“It was a tough decision and it did go down to the wire.

Dodged s bullet

Port playing to their history ... bombing out in their final against Cats.

Right now, finishing third would have been good!
We where trying to. Hopefully ports performance reinforces the need to be hard in the contest.
When we play poorly we seem to watch the opposition get the ball from stoppages rather than tackling them.

Lovely night to watch the Bulldogs getting destroyed.

I seem to remember from the other week their supporters are big fans of going to opposition boards, would be a shame if a bunch of rival fans went over there to rub it in...
Tbf they got some dodgy decisions against them …. Bwahahaha

Frustrated Extra Terrestrial GIF by DefyTV

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back