Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s annoying that the Dogs match up well against us but it’s outstanding that other teams can end their season for us.
Hopefully Port Adelaide end Hawthorn's season, but I somehow doubt it ( although I think Todd Marshall could help Port, he seems like a very accurate kick especially against us).

Last edited:
It’s annoying that the Dogs match up well against us but it’s outstanding that other teams can end their season for us.
After the Dogs match in Ballarat, I felt a bit deflated, hoping that we'd win and secure second or third spot.

Now, twelve days later, the Dogs are gone and we're still here.

Let's make the most of the today's opportunity.

Hopefully Port Adelaide end Hawthorn's season, but I somehow doubt it ( although I think Todd Marshall could help Port, he seems like a very accurate kick especially against us).
Port are every chance.
Before Thursday they had won 9 in a row or there abouts.
To steal a line from Sam Mitchell, that was bad, but they're not bad. Ironically both against Geelong.

Hinkley shouldnt be under pressure at all.
His biggest problem is he keeps getting a decent team into or around the top 4, they arent really good enough to win it as they dont have any other gears as their squad isnt as good as the best squads.
Every year most people tip Port to come bottom of the 8 (or miss), he gets them towards top of the ladder, they dont make the final and all of a sudden he is no good.
He gets his sides consistent, he (and his coaching staff) consistently develops players to improve and most years they finish above expectation. Every year they want to sack him.
The bloke who should be under pressure is Beveridge. Every year they are tipped to be there or there abouts, every year they under perform through the H&A season and finish bottom of the 8 or worse. The list is excellent on paper, the young high draft pick recruits come on slower than at some other clubs. Cant think of too many late draft picks that have turned into great players. (That is both development and recruitment) yet beveridge seems to be under no pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it's Sydney vs Port next Friday.

Wonder how the Swans feel about that?
Glad, although both Port and Hawthorn are missing at least 3 of their best 15 players.
I am glad, if we win and then Port upset Sydney, we match up well against them.
Can't see Sydney losing unless they kick 8.20 or something like that.

Hawks getting alot of help from the umps to stay in this 1st quarter
It got worse after that!
I'm glad Port won as the umpires certainly favoured Hawks. Especially the big calls.
I'm also glad I can stop hearing about Hawthorn and how good they are.
Plenty of sides have been on a run and being completely overlooked.

For a league so worried about head injuries, there's going to be a wave of kids deliberately sliding for frees to emulate these fashionable small forwards.
They'll have to crack down on it, becoming a problem. Also Seeing a few do their best to get there head on the ground with the sling.

Port are every chance.
Before Thursday they had won 9 in a row or there abouts.
To steal a line from Sam Mitchell, that was bad, but they're not bad. Ironically both against Geelong.
What a good judge this bloke is

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back