North Ballarat v Werribee at Eureka Stadium practice match

Remove this Banner Ad

On the Werribee home page Lamont highlighted the work of Greenwood, Moore and Crichton. Hope the flying mullet gets another go at AFL level, hopefully as a rookie at North.

LA
18 kicks at 89% eff.
15 handballs.
8 marks
12 clearances
2 inside 50's
1 goal
4 tackles

Dumont
10 kicks at 70%
15 handballs
4 marks
6 clearances
4 tackles

Jacobs
24 kicks at 54%
18 handballs
14 marks
8 clearances
5 inside 50's
1 goal

Nanas
3 kicks
8 handballs
3 marks
2 clearances
4 tackles

LA
18 kicks at 89% eff.
15 handballs.
8 marks
12 clearances
2 inside 50's
1 goal
4 tackles

Dumont
10 kicks at 70%
15 handballs
4 marks
6 clearances
4 tackles

Jacobs
24 kicks at 54%
18 handballs
14 marks
8 clearances
5 inside 50's
1 goal

Nanas
3 kicks
8 handballs
3 marks
2 clearances
4 tackles
Some fair numbers there. Seems LA and Jacobs swapped roles. 12 Clearances for LA is strong and 14 marks for Jacobs indicates he was getting into plenty of space as well as working hard inside with 8 clearances. Pity about the kicking efficiency. Good to see Dumont getting decent numbers.

LA that's a fair game.

I know no one believes he's part of the furniture anymore, but put up games like that and he'll be hard to ignore.

Feel the same way. It's so frustrating because he has a lot of elements of a good footballer.

If he can maintain some grit in his game at least we know he finds the pill and can direct it long (if not precisely) into attack.

Considering the pulp served on Friday I am all for shuffling deck chairs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel the same way. It's so frustrating because he has a lot of elements of a good footballer.

If he can maintain some grit in his game at least we know he finds the pill and can direct it long (if not precisely) into attack.

McKenzie doesn't crack in any harder.

Shuffling deckchairs seems to be everyone's ethos but North's. We should be striving for a standard of excellence. Don't perform in the firsts? Back to the VFL. Ripping it up in the VFL? Into the team for North. Isn't this the real reason we have structures? No one is bigger than the team.

Does Wright offer more than Wood?

Does Jacobs offer more than Mckenzie?

Does Delaney offer more than McMahon?

Does Greenwood offer something desperately needed that others in the midfield can't?

Just some examples of questions that need to be asked this week.

Does Wright offer more than Wood? On his day maybe, but he doesn't have many of them. But once Wood gets comfortable at the level, Wright will be way behind Wood.

Does Jacobs offer more than Mckenzie? Yes, only because McKenzie doesn't offer much. McKenzie has the foot skills but lacks the ability to find it and is a defensive liability when the opposition has it.

Does Delaney offer more than McMahon? Yes. Hate to say it but the game has passed McMahon by. Once a good servant, but now on the scrapheap. The only way I can see McMahon being of any value anymore is to re-invent himself as a forward (has played well up forward in the past).

Does Greenwood offer something desperately needed that others in the midfield can't? On Friday Nights performance, yes in bucket loads. But if our midfield is up and going no. Greenwood is a horses for courses option in my opinion.

Sorry to intrude but LA was horrible. He's numbers looks great but that's because he accumulates possessions in the back pocket . Switches the ball when you should be moving the ball forward.. Runs into the forwards leading lanes. Just has no impact on a game.ballarat had 410 possessions for 38 forward entries. Says it all really

Sorry to intrude but LA was horrible. He's numbers looks great but that's because he accumulates possessions in the back pocket . Switches the ball when you should be moving the ball forward.. Runs into the forwards leading lanes. Just has no impact on a game.ballarat had 410 possessions for 38 forward entries. Says it all really
Interesting that you've used the stats that I have on me also. Where did you get yours from?

Anyway, I don't see how Ballarat's 410 possessions into 38 forward entries says much about LA. Going by the fact that you must have access to the same stats as myself, I'd just like to point out something...

LA had 33 touches. Second most behind Jacobs who went poorly in terms of efficiency and a lot were cheap kicks. But anyway, he had 18 kicks at 89% and he had 15 handballs as well but I want to point out his 12 contested possessions which were equal high with Jacobs. Next best thing to look at is his 12 clearances which was a team high. Personally, I don't think people rate LA as much as they should. In my honest opinion, he's the #1 player in the team this season. Was definitely up there with Sewell last year, might have even been better. LA is great for the team and as much as I want him to do well, I selfishly want him to play for us more than the Roos this season.

I suppose opinions are opinions however to say he was terrible is farcical and totally untrue.

Hate to say it but the game has passed McMahon by. Once a good servant, but now on the scrapheap. The only way I can see McMahon being of any value anymore is to re-invent himself as a forward (has played well up forward in the past).

It's so annoying. For a club that considers itself to demonstrate an 'elite high performance athletic' lifestyle, you have a bloke constantly present himself in poor condition.

Scott McMahon is a really decent bloke and I consider him a very smart footballer. But appearances surely can't lie that much. He should've been made to turn up lean and ready like Michael Walters was made to. He certainly trimmed down a bit but still looks to have a poor condition for AFL.

I hope LA does well but realistically he will be pushed out of any potential spot by the likes of Harper, Garner, Dumont, Turner, etc. Or should be at least. However, if he is having a crack and the guys in the AFL team are not then I wouldn't hesitate to give a spot in the short-term to the guy trying instead of the guys not trying. I'd give it more than one week though.

I have doubts about Jacobs as well but he was quality as a junior, not sure if he will find the spark and confidence back or not.

ebequvu7.jpg
The player names aren't all correct. For example, 35 is Staley, not Black.

But yeah...

Remove this Banner Ad

North Ballarat v Werribee at Eureka Stadium practice match

Remove this Banner Ad

Back