North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

heard off a very reliable source today who is involved within the wycheproof football club that aaron noonan is all but signed sealed and delivered, nearly over the line. this is an interesting delvelopment for the club. i would be pretty adamant that he would bring some handy players with him from bendigo club south bendigo.:thumbsu:

I heard that if Stubbo Noonan does end up with the wchye job that South Bendigo hard nosed utility Benny Galea may put off his overseas trip to join his pal.

Benny Galea would get twice as many kicks as stubby would! As for the boys that stubby would supposedly bring with him, can anyone name names?

Also Donald are winding up premiership celebrations tonight with one last piss up for '06! So should be able to confirm who is staying and who is goin after tonight to some degree! Hopefully be able to announce a few recruits tomorrow!
Also does anyone know when clubs are starting there preseasons? We are almost in december most clubs like to have a few runs before christmas

Bend It how was the show?? Did you hear any news on any new recruits or even more importantly anyone who was departing???

Benny Galea would get twice as many kicks as stubby would! As for the boys that stubby would supposedly bring with him, can anyone name names?

Didn't benny galea play in an out of the two's at south? all while stubby noonan was in the one's. is this the result of being good mates with the coach or just stubby's a better player, or maybe they just play different positions.

Lets not forget that stubby played interleague a few years ago, so maybe all he needs is a bit of confidence.

Recently heard that Lawrence Angwin has been linked to Boort.

Can anyone from Boort confirm or deny this talk?

Bend It how was the show?? Did you hear any news on any new recruits or even more importantly anyone who was departing???

Friday night was an awesome night! a great celebration to finish of a great year to get a huge crowd to football function in november is a great effort by the club, no recruits or departures were actually announced, but i hear that there are about 4 or 5 on teh move, but i cannot confirm this

Didn't benny galea play in an out of the two's at south? all while stubby noonan was in the one's. is this the result of being good mates with the coach or just stubby's a better player, or maybe they just play different positions.

Lets not forget that stubby played interleague a few years ago, so maybe all he needs is a bit of confidence.

Unless i have him mixd with someone else patty. Benny is a small fwd pocket/ hff with speed to burn, can kick goals to. Stubby was a good player in the NC league but by no means did he tear games apart,

I think you'll find he is one of those blokes that tends to get dropped when there is a tough decision to be made at selection, not always because of his form.

Someone may tell it differently but i think he got dropped in the finals.

But as we know, changing clubs can be the best thing for someones career.

Wedderburn have benifited from such a storey with Wedderburn Hardman Ben Dearaugo going through a similar situation at Sandhurst before crossing the Saveloys. and has made his mark there.

So for Wyche's sake it might be worth a gamble

Unless i have him mixd with someone else patty. Benny is a small fwd pocket/ hff with speed to burn, can kick goals to. Stubby was a good player in the NC league but by no means did he tear games apart,

i am pretty sure you have your wires crossed pal! benny galea is an on-baller in the twos that swaps off half back. when playing ones he either plays off a wing or sits on the bench. Noonan is three times as good as galea, maybe four times.
no need to shoot the messagener, i am only writing what i have been told from reliable sources that noonan is all but over the line to coach wyche for 2007 and i reckon he will go all right.;)

i am pretty sure you have your wires crossed pal! benny galea is an on-baller in the twos that swaps off half back. when playing ones he either plays off a wing or sits on the bench. Noonan is three times as good as galea, maybe four times.
no need to shoot the messagener, i am only writing what i have been told from reliable sources that noonan is all but over the line to coach wyche for 2007 and i reckon he will go all right.;)

Shouldn't you be on the Sunraysia thread Weed??

And we love having you here weed!

Now lets ask the hard hitting questions that i'm sure you've assessed already but i have to ask..... Are there suitable podiums in the Sunraysia night clubs?
It's a long boring drive down the highway to the universal podium where you have etched your mark as one of Bendigo's most punishing dance Icon.

I can just see you at O'malleys on wednesday nights Karaoke night... It's Gold!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey guys,

havent been around for a while, just been catching up with all the news on the thread. thought i'd have my say on a few issues.

Firstly on the stubby noonan and luke guerra stories. I played vic country u 15's with stubby and guru and they are both quality blokes and footballers. as for stubby coaching, its hard to imagine he'd have the experience or knowledge to take on the top job at 22??, perhaps an assistant role would suit better. Both guys would be very handy acquisitions to any side tho. stubby won a b+f at wychy when he was pretty young didnt he? and guru finished 4th in the league medal playing for kundrook barham when he was young as well. last time i spoke to him he was having a crack at VFL.

Now for news on the saints....they are fairly close to signing a key position backman from lake wendouree in the BFL. also close to signing a few of brearley and boyington's uni mates. on ball half forward types, one of which i think played a few games in the 2nds for Frankston in the VFL. Also a CHB, ruckman from Dromana who is mates with boyington.

sounds good.... from this side of the equation, Daniel Walsh is playing with the club, and from what i hear, a Key Position Backman... hes living here now, and is playing his sport here

I dont think benny Galea has even played a game of ones has he? Noono far superior footballer, it takes nearly a quarter for the ball to hit his foot after he drops it for poor ben, his brother is a much better footballer

I dont think benny Galea has even played a game of ones has he? Noono far superior footballer, it takes nearly a quarter for the ball to hit his foot after he drops it for poor ben, his brother is a much better footballer
True! He's brother is easily the better of the two Galea's.

Been very quiet on here lately.

What's happened to all the Boort people talking up there year ahead? A little disappointed with the coaching appointment?

What's happened to all the Boort people talking up there year ahead? A little disappointed with the coaching appointment?

From the players I have spoken to the coaching appointment has been very well recieved and will go a long way in retaining players that may have been on the move previously.

hey guys,

havent been around for a while, just been catching up with all the news on the thread. thought i'd have my say on a few issues.

Firstly on the stubby noonan and luke guerra stories. I played vic country u 15's with stubby and guru and they are both quality blokes and footballers. as for stubby coaching, its hard to imagine he'd have the experience or knowledge to take on the top job at 22??, perhaps an assistant role would suit better. Both guys would be very handy acquisitions to any side tho. stubby won a b+f at wychy when he was pretty young didnt he? and guru finished 4th in the league medal playing for kundrook barham when he was young as well. last time i spoke to him he was having a crack at VFL.

Now for news on the saints....they are fairly close to signing a key position backman from lake wendouree in the BFL. also close to signing a few of brearley and boyington's uni mates. on ball half forward types, one of which i think played a few games in the 2nds for Frankston in the VFL. Also a CHB, ruckman from Dromana who is mates with boyington.

Good to hear from you number 5....with these maybe new recruits it could make a good mix with some kids and experience with solyom drum ciurleo do you think they will back the kids again?? they did it last year which is great!!! what bout dowley he comin home?

Good to hear from you number 5....with these maybe new recruits it could make a good mix with some kids and experience with solyom drum ciurleo do you think they will back the kids again?? they did it last year which is great!!! what bout dowley he comin home?

Whispers i have heard, he is, and he will be a great asset to the club.

as far as kids getting a go, i can't agree more, however i would much prefer a situation where we "can" play the kids, as opposed to the problems (mainly injury) last year, where we "had to" play the kids.

We have quite possibly the most talented set of kids in the district, why not use them properly!!

Bring on 07!

Smasher 100 god love opinions thats what makes this site so great but how about some positive comments mate! Mc Mahon (Ballarat footy league) Nelson (Ballarat, CMFL & NCFL) & Noonan (Bendigo & NCFL) all three have played major league senior football. Noonan finals, Mc Mahon finals and inter-league and Nelson 2 premierships. You are obviously a hard man to please. I'm sure Noonan & Nelson are coaching their home clubs which I think is great to see in county footy. Blokes returning and giving something back you carn't knock that, perhaps we could all learn a little from this. Your thoughts?

Smasher 100 god love opinions thats what makes this site so great but how about some positive comments mate! Mc Mahon (Ballarat footy league) Nelson (Ballarat, CMFL & NCFL) & Noonan (Bendigo & NCFL) all three have played major league senior football. Noonan finals, Mc Mahon finals and inter-league and Nelson 2 premierships. You are obviously a hard man to please. I'm sure Noonan & Nelson are coaching their home clubs which I think is great to see in county footy. Blokes returning and giving something back you carn't knock that, perhaps we could all learn a little from this. Your thoughts?

reminds me of the Wilkins situation in donald... was treated royally for sooo long, and now he just WANTS to come back... (as opposed to chasing the $$)

do the right thing by them, they will do the same by you... which is why (IMO) those mentioned would have plenty to offer

Which McMahon are you talking about and what club is coaching/playing for?

HAHA! I understand but a few negative comments spark a healthy debate which is always a interesting read.

The point I was trying to get across about Boort, was that maybe they've been told to quieten down on here. People bagging players for the so-called 'Leading them onto coach' it isn't good for the clubs image when there are alot of Big Football readers out there.

As for Noonan coaching, he would want to improve alot on his game from when I last seen him. From all reports his only great asset to coaching would be fitness training, which isn't what makes a great coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back