North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

with all these allegations comming to the surface, its a shame. when i say that i mean that for the majority of the season charlton have played well. then they dropepd a few games and now look. i know we have 4 weeks or so left before finals, but this may affect the footy club more than we know. my point is tho, that it wud be a shame to see charlton miss the finals because of these issues arising. i'd feel sorry for rick, because he has been discapline and has been a good coach at charlton. one question for everybody. if rick was to not play for charlton, where would he play?

could head back to the slagheads in the bendigo league, alot of players come out of bendigo to play in the country, theres no reason it can't go the other way. think jimmy burke travels from donald to bendigo to play at south bendigo with his brother leigh burke.

Hutchy, sorry i mean Master of roc, should sides such as Boort and StA chase Rick? He works in Boort i think, and i seen him in St A doing the grocery shopping.

Every team should try and get him. if there was one player in the league you'd want in your team it's him. Not only from his playing perspective but also the way he goes about his footy.

I would think he is the sort of bloke to Coach Charlton through these troubled years, He will clean their act up, and if they don't want a part of it they will leave, and that's not such a bad thing if Charlton want to rebuild the great club it is.

If Charlton don't want Rick or Rick doesn't want Charlton i think he'd be a great option for the Boort coach. Could be just what they need to go one step further from last year.

Having said that i want him to play at Wedderburn with his old Sandhurst team mate DeAraugo. Could Andrews take over from Lockhart???

I can't really see him going to another club within the same competition. However considering he Lives in Charlton, Works in Boort, Shops in St Arnaud (from what someone said earlier), his mrs works in St Arnaud (at the school), ya never know!!

I can't really see him going to another club within the same competition. However considering he Lives in Charlton, Works in Boort, Shops in St Arnaud (from what someone said earlier), his mrs works in St Arnaud (at the school), ya never know!!

Hutchy, has st a approached Rick this week?

History suggests he doesn't care about transfering from within the league. Remember the discussion about him leaving Sandhurst to go to Maryborough? i don't think he'll be to worried about that issue.

@ Ohwhen - The word is Fremantle have approached Rick... They are trying to get him as close to the West Coast Eagles as possible... word has it that he doesn't like that sorta off field stuff... He might even try to clean them up too! :eek::eek::eek:

@ Patty - Ahhh yes, suprising i forgot about that story!

didn't andrews at one time sign at a club as coach, then took another job at the last minute at another club?

OWHENTHESAINTS, Big Drummy playing this weekend? Sources tell me he didn't play much footy last weekend!

didn't andrews at one time sign at a club as coach, then took another job at the last minute at another club?

Fact...
Andrews played with Sandhurst in 2002 as assistant coach. Then signed as coach in 2003. Left the club in pre-season, signed with Maryborough as playing assistant coach. Clearance rejected by Sandhurst, couldn’t play for Maryborough, assistant coached from sidelines. Appealed clearance, tribunal declined it. Went back to Sandhurst mid way through the year, played out the rest of the year there, won the flag with them in 2004. Coached Charlton 2005.

you sure he coached charlton in 2005? i thought cossar did still. wasnt last year andrewses first yaer (coaching) at charlton?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry Hutchy (MOR), but information from close inside the Navy blues, is that is that everything is fine with Andrews! Lets face the facts we are in the home stretch to the finals, why would a club that are fighting for the last spot for the finals "sack" a coach. It makes no sense whats so ever. There is alot of tripe which get flung around big footy, but its usually done by blokes that have way to much time on their hands.:mad:

Take a closer look mate ;) i didn't "Break" that news... and infact when i first read it, i replied saying that i didn't believe it either.

As yuo say, there would be something immensly wrong if there was a problem (in that aspect) this close to finals. However i have been told that there MAY be some slight truth to it...But nothing before the end of September (or maybe even August for the Navies)

With the savs playing without Rose, Benaim, Baird, Lockhart, Barnes, Turnbull, Ritchie, Smith and M.Tonkin this weekend, will they still have the ability to beat Donald?

McHugh back in... they still have Stenhouse, DeAraugo, Gash, R Tonks, R Benaim, Polgaise.... plenty of names... Young Al Colbert played well last week...

Looks like Wedderburn are suffering from a long/tough game of footy!!! Their first real test for the year (not their last) (Wyche doesn't count...)

I heard he had a stiff spot that needed treatment. After an hour or two of rubbing the stiffness was gone.:D I hope he get's more treatment during the week to get himself right for this weekends game.

I see the young fella has literally picked himself up off the canvas and is playing this week.An amazing feat. I'm not sure what he's recovery involves but it would be handy to know-altough I did hear that "old chook make good soup"!!:p

McHugh back in... they still have Stenhouse, DeAraugo, Gash, R Tonks, R Benaim, Polgaise.... plenty of names... Young Al Colbert played well last week...

Looks like Wedderburn are suffering from a long/tough game of footy!!! Their first real test for the year (not their last) (Wyche doesn't count...)

Why doesnt Wyche count...

Also congrats to Tommy Keane playing his first senior game this week

Few blokes on the fringe in Mills, Hayes, Coghill, Colbert, C.Weston etc get a real chance to prove themselves with the injuries. Most of these guys would get a game in most sides but have been victims of the strength of the Burn this year.

Also worth mentioning under 16 player Luke Brown who makes his senior debut this week. Has had a good year in a poor team so far and has been rewarded for his form and strong training ethic.

truck tinkler going to play again this year?

and whens the 4th white gonna get a call up??

Im probably in no position to say so, but i was really impressed with Browns endevour... a trying player in a struggling side... Best of luck to him, and Keane

Whistle - Would Weston be a "certain starter" each week with a bit more size!? IF so, who would be the guy that misses out in a full side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back