North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

gerta said:
Watch this space...Apparently the olives over Boort way are growing quite well and Boort is opening the cheque book to ridiculous levels... Don't expect Lance to be their by himself... Boort are still recruiting heavily making some incredible offers to cerain players...

Gerta,

Who are Boorts recruits to date other than Lance? Who else do they have their eye on? Are any locals returning?

BlueBoy41 said:
Gerta,

Who are Boorts recruits to date other than Lance? Who else do they have their eye on? Are any locals returning?

I believe that they are throwing large amounts of cash at some high profile footballers in the VFL as well as some around locally...

The amounts mentioned are considerably more than what i've ever heard of...

But it will be interesting to see who will come if the price is right....

gerta said:
I believe that they are throwing large amounts of cash at some high profile footballers in the VFL as well as some around locally...

The amounts mentioned are considerably more than what i've ever heard of...

But it will be interesting to see who will come if the price is right....

names?

Grimmett said:
From the Wimmera Mail-Times on Wednesday, January 25. Jarrod Tyler played for Stawell in the Wimmera FL during 2004 and will be a handy addition for Birchip.

On the move

Former Rupanyup forward Jarrod Tyler will play in the North Central Football League this year. Tyler, 24, has moved to Birchip to teach at the town’s P-12 school and has signed for Birchip.
“Things are shaping up well for the club and we’re looking to move off the bottom of the ladder this season,” he said. “The league will be really strong this year. There are a lot of new players like former Wimmera League players Josh Mibus and Jay Tucker, who are playing for Donald.”
Tyler was Rupanyup’s assistant coach in 2005. Tim Webb has replaced Tyler on the Panthers’ coaching panel.
Jarrod Tyler will be a good addition to birchip this year !! where stawell play him last year

Stawell played him as a third tall in the forward line during 2004. Normally across half forward because Solyom controlled the full forward area. Should be able to hold down CHF for Birchip unless they have someone cemented there.

Birchip should be a force this year. With Al Smith and Jimmy Scambler set to return, look out! Saw these two play a bit in Melbourne and they are extremely talented. Jimmy carved it up in A Section Ammos last year for Uni Blues and Al has been crucial in Uni Blacks surge up to B Section in the VAFA. They will be missed by their Uni clubs.

Talking about Birchip, i remember a few years back when i think in 2004 i was up there watching there last game againts Wedderburn who im sure where 2nd or 1st and about halfway through the 2nd qtr one of there small forward had 4 or 5 goals but then came off injured. I think they had about 4 or so ex VFL players running around, anyway i remember they were up by about 5 goals when this bloke came off then ended up getting rolled by about 4 goals. Can anyone tell me who these 4 or so blokes where and the fella who had 4 or so goals until he got injured. One was a strong crumming forward and theother 2 where flanker winger types and another was an onballer. Be interested to know where they went as all the kids had wraps on them.

WHAT can anyone tell us about Chris Bell, seeking a clearance from Wyche to G Square in the Bendigo league ?
Was he a Square player seeking a return home, or what ??

Jock Clark 2 said:
WHAT can anyone tell us about Chris Bell, seeking a clearance from Wyche to G Square in the Bendigo league ?
Was he a Square player seeking a return home, or what ??

Nar always been a wyche player.. only a young bloke... probably about 19 or so... Plays as a forward... quick quick and tall...

Doona2 said:
Apparently not hey Gerta!!! I'm not from Colbo mate couldnt give two hoots about Winsall trying to up his value at Charlton by putting in a dodgy clearance . . . . or so they say.

Yep expect it to get rejected... i think he was at training on sunday... In Charlton that is... And considering he works in the town...

YERS, it was rejected Gerta.
Also Mattie Tyrrell trying to go from Wh. Hills to Golden Square got the Khyber Pass, too.
Maybe new Hilly coach B. Walsh put the stoppers on Tyrrell
Young Square coach Woosha Walsh (Brian's son) wouldn't be over impressed, you'd reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jock Clark 2 said:
YERS, it was rejected Gerta.
Also Mattie Tyrrell trying to go from Wh. Hills to Golden Square got the Khyber Pass, too.
Maybe new Hilly coach B. Walsh put the stoppers on Tyrrell
Young Square coach Woosha Walsh (Brian's son) wouldn't be over impressed, you'd reckon.

Oh the shock of it all ;)

Quite a few of the South Bendigo boys come from this league. Danny O Bree played, he brought young Aaron Noonan down with him. Leigh Bourke played his younger days for Donald. Jason Wescott also played, i think for South Mildura though (different league yea?). Any stories on these boys?

I know some Clohesys, what are the boys first names?

Rhan said:
Quite a few of the South Bendigo boys come from this league. Danny O Bree played, he brought young Aaron Noonan down with him. Leigh Bourke played his younger days for Donald. Jason Wescott also played, i think for South Mildura though (different league yea?). Any stories on these boys?

Westcott played for ST ARNAUD with the Clohesy Boys. I played against all of them. The Clohesys are David, Greg and Steven.

Rhan said:

Jason Westcott now captain-coaches D4 Amateur side Eley Park Sharks in the VAFA, not far from where he teaches in the Box Hill area.

BlueBoy41 said:
Jason Westcott now captain-coaches D4 Amateur side Eley Park Sharks in the VAFA, not far from where he teaches in the Box Hill area.

Is this the same overweight Jason Wescott that played for South Bendigo last year? Surely not. Isn't he a builder in Bendigo?

Weapo said:
Is this the same overweight Jason Wescott that played for South Bendigo last year? Surely not. Isn't he a builder in Bendigo?

Sorry to anyone I may have confused... I was actually thinking of Jason Broadbear (ex St Arnaud and Charlton), not Jason Wescott. I don't actually know Wescott.

soapyJNR said:
Westcott played for ST ARNAUD with the Clohesy Boys. I played against all of them. The Clohesys are David, Greg and Steven.

David I think was the one who was at Marnoo in '87.

Dave Clohesy, or 'Cougar', is also famous for one of the most talked about stories in North Central Football of the last 20 years. I'm sure someone out there knows what I'm talking about. It also involved former St.Arnaud player Todd Cody.

bendigo said:
Dave Clohesy, or 'Cougar', is also famous for one of the most talked about stories in North Central Football of the last 20 years. I'm sure someone out there knows what I'm talking about. It also involved former St.Arnaud player Todd Cody.

what did the 2 backmen do? he is now the runner at St Arnaud.

Let's just say Cougar was pretty good at 'punching from behind', as witnessed by a security guard in a St.Arnaud park one night. I know Cougar used to cop it big time by opposition players, I dare say he will sill cop it as a runner.

bendigo said:
Let's just say Cougar was pretty good at 'punching from behind', as witnessed by a security guard in a St.Arnaud park one night. I know Cougar used to cop it big time by opposition players, I dare say he will sill cop it as a runner.

Cant say i ever saw him even touch a bloke while he was playing in the back pocket for st arnaud. and as for the security guards st arnaud doesnt have many of them at all! whats todd cody's involvement in your story? Cougar doesnt cop much at all as runner.

Cougar is more renowed to falling asleep these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back