North Central Football League - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can't wait till this weekend. Wont be long till its a repeat of boort's 2006 season again. Can't win a premiship for 20 or so years has gotta keep ya confindent hey?

desmond desmond desmond why would it be a repeat of 06??
boort have a much better balance side batting all the way down, not like 06. they have the best ruckman by a mile the best forward and quality in the midfield, that will go a long way to breaking the drought.

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW BOORT BOYS.:thumbsu:
Boort are now quite likely to go out in Straight Sets!!!

Re: charlton vs birchip/watchem

pretty confident there when boort has beaten wedderburn comfortably both times and shouldnt have much trouble doing it again. i think boort would be more worried about B/W than them.
dont think scambler will be right till the grand final when after they beat wedderburn in the pelim.
aidy parker should be right for this week

Hey sorry couldn't go to the game.. Anyone know who won? Im pretty sure according to Country boy Boort would have beaten Wedderburn comfortably...

Hey sorry couldn't go to the game.. Anyone know who won? Im pretty sure according to Country boy Boort would have beaten Wedderburn comfortably...

Yeah The Burn ran over Boort by 5 goals, not really getting out of second gear for the whole game. :)

Don't go printing your t-shirts too early this year TIU and Desmond, still quite a bit of footy left, in the context of finals! If Boort get up over Birchip/Watchem next week, then they'l be playing you on a ground which by all accounts, suits Boort's footy more than it does Wedderburn. There still 1 more very tough game they'l have to play, before celebrations can occur. Or in your specific cases, two more games :thumbsu:

I am really surprised that wedderburn won going off the papers and what other people have said on the forum. All ive heard is Boort getting talked up. What happened? Did they choke? Or Wedderburn too strong?

Should be a good match this week? I havent seen many games but i have heard Boort Birchip games have been arm wrestles.

The greatest part, we should have 2 more cracking matchups left in the season.

Wedderburn obviously don't have the match up for Perryman, they won the ball from the midfield more often than not, yet Perryman still comes up with 8... He gets the flow back, and its a huge haul coming over then next two Saturdays.

On the other side of the Coin, its the best game ive seen Barnes play since his days in Bendigo

The greatest part, we should have 2 more cracking matchups left in the season.

Wedderburn obviously don't have the match up for Perryman, they won the ball from the midfield more often than not, yet Perryman still comes up with 8... He gets the flow back, and its a huge haul coming over then next two Saturdays.

On the other side of the Coin, its the best game ive seen Barnes play since his days in Bendigo
Yes couldnt agree with you more there Barnes was brilliant, in his 2 seasons with the burn he has really only played a handfull of games when fully fit. Also Boort has no match up (or should i say no respect) for Rusty Douglas was also dominant.

Perrymen was very good, and i'm sure Young Luke Brown who got the match up instead of Baird will have learned from his experience. Yet Perrymen showed Brown no Respect, and it seemed as tho he and Polglase had no trouble running the ball out of defence.

Has anyone seen boorts best from the weekend, the big man BJ must be able to give a very handy BJ to get second best i thought postle had it over him all day, was very suprised when i read it.
DJ barnyard proved to big of a task for the boort team tearing the game apart in the second half kicking a bag and taking numerouse contested grabs.
Wedderburns Strength up forward looks to be the match winner with a vert potent line with the likes of Stenhouse, Barnes, Hayes, Tonkin and Ritchie all able to play very tall, but stilll agile ennough to win the ground ball

Showing the cards too early maybe? Only time will tell i suppose

Or maybe they just no when to peak, i'm not saying they have won the flag yet but they did beat boort on the weekend who they could not get within a bulls roar in the home and away season, so you would have to say the signs are positive.

ONLY TIME WILL TELL:thumbsdown: Why dont you stop sitting on the fence and make a prediction then M4S, you may be the big spec moderator but it doesnt mean you cant pick who's gunna win?

boort, what happened

Surely BJ didnt get in the best for them, geez, did not see too much of him at all, and the young burn fella (polglase) ran well with him all day. Seemed wedderburn just had to kick the ball away from the big fella, and stop walklate (which was done superbly), and that was the game for them. BJ was too happy about winning the raffle, and thinking what he can get up to with that new swag. He has had a great week there.

The burn onballers were very impressive, that douglas had a cracker, and their bigger bodied onballers seemed too strong for boort. Surely boort cant go out in straight sets, that would be massive. Maybe too much pressure on them with the heraldsun article the other week, and they came undone. A bigger ground at donald will suit them tho. What are anyones thoughts on the upcoming game?

Re: boort, what happened

The burn onballers were very impressive, that douglas had a cracker, and their bigger bodied onballers seemed too strong for boort. Surely boort cant go out in straight sets, that would be massive. Maybe too much pressure on them with the heraldsun article the other week, and they came undone. A bigger ground at donald will suit them tho. What are anyones thoughts on the upcoming game?

id say birchip mite be lacking a bit in the middle with out Scambler. boort will be the more likly winners as the birchip ruckmen wont be able to hold BJ like Postle and Ritchie did for the burners. also wont be able to nullify Walklate which Royce Benaim did well on the weekend. boort will be to good and win be 5 goals. either side will not be able to match up agianst the mite of the red backs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

id say birchip mite be lacking a bit in the middle with out Scambler. boort will be the more likly winners as the birchip ruckmen wont be able to hold BJ like Postle and Ritchie did for the burners. also wont be able to nullify Walklate which Royce Benaim did well on the weekend. boort will be to good and win be 5 goals. either side will not be able to match up agianst the mite of the red backs.

Not counting ur chickens before they hatch are you Hippo?

We will see come saturday, but zac holmes has been a pretty consistent and honest ruckmen, and had a good crack at BJ the last game over in boort when it could of gone either way at 3/4 time. A neutral venue will make a difference. Walklate surely cant have two shockers in a row, they will do well to contain him this week. A very interesting match.

A lot of pressure is on them boort fellas, with the heraldsun article and the number on their guernsey. Thought they should have won the granny a couple of years ago with Lance the X-AFL player straight out of the big league, but didnt handle the finals. Hoping Scambler comes up so it is a nice even game, like last week. Has been a good finals series to date

Games this Week
Boort v Birchip/Watchem
Wedderburn v Boort
Boort v Charlton
Donald v Boort

In all, i think last weeks losers can all turn it around, but Id like to see Boort 2's get up over Wedderburn, which may happen, and probably Boort's 13's over Donald, which simply won't happen

Does anyone think Dean "Supercoach" Lockhart should allow Adam Ritchie and Brendo Reeves to play 2s this weekend for the Redbacks, given they are not over qualiafied. They would be two very handy inclusions for Wedderburn, especially Ritchie!!!

Games this Week
Boort v Birchip/Watchem
Wedderburn v Boort
Boort v Charlton
Donald v Boort

In all, i think last weeks losers can all turn it around, but Id like to see Boort 2's get up over Wedderburn, which may happen, and probably Boort's 13's over Donald, which simply won't happen

I'd like to see St Arnaud put half a descent side on the park next year. Start with a new coach:thumbsu:

We will see come saturday, but zac holmes has been a pretty consistent and honest ruckmen, and had a good crack at BJ the last game over in boort when it could of gone either way at 3/4 time. A neutral venue will make a difference. Walklate surely cant have two shockers in a row, they will do well to contain him this week. A very interesting match.

A lot of pressure is on them boort fellas, with the heraldsun article and the number on their guernsey. Thought they should have won the granny a couple of years ago with Lance the X-AFL player straight out of the big league, but didnt handle the finals. Hoping Scambler comes up so it is a nice even game, like last week. Has been a good finals series to date

Shags couldnt of put it beter myself, Holmes is a talented player not as talanted as BJ but still should be able to nulify him slightly. Get a bt physical with Walklate and he will crumble as we saw with benaim on the weeekend. I think a finals hardened birchip with the leadership of helmet and class of a half fit scrambler will out do a soft hearted boort, who look to be returning to there 06 season!

Interesting reading in the record the other week regarding the wyche boys having their footy trip NCFL grandfinal weekend. Any thoughts on that? Sounds a bit disrespectful to the league. Especially if they have done it a few times in the past? Poor example for the kids i'd say

Interesting reading in the record the other week regarding the wyche boys having their footy trip NCFL grandfinal weekend. Any thoughts on that? Sounds a bit disrespectful to the league. Especially if they have done it a few times in the past? Poor example for the kids i'd say

I cant remember doing it in the past. and the last few years weve been out of the finals race and still waited till finals were over before we treaked off on our footy trip. Because a fair whack of the boys have organised their own trips away soon after the finals this was the only weekend we could get most of us together. disappointing but you get that on the big jobs...

Wyche's chance to get Obree back???

http://mildura.yourguide.com.au/news/local/sport/general/benched/1269067.aspx

Benched
BY SAM MURDOCH
11/09/2008 12:12:00 PM
DANNY O’Bree and Jake Anstey have been dumped as joint senior coaches of Mildura Football Club.
The two player-coaches were told at a club meeting on Monday night they would not be needed to lead the club next season, but were welcome to stay on as players.

The decision caused shockwaves in the Sunraysia Football Netball League yesterday, just days after the season’s grand final.

The pair yesterday said the decision to dump them as coaches had come as a complete surprise.

Mildura finished fourth this season after winning the premiership last year.

This year the team endured a spate of injuries at the start of their campaign.

For more of this story, purchase your copy of Thursday’s Sunraysia Daily 11/09/2008.

Great to see the wyche boys supporting the league and the clubs at grand final time!!!! Just shows how serious they are about having a North Central grand final in the future... :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back