North Gippsland Football League Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

how long has he been on the traralgon list? yeah i knew about wa working. Man if he had better foot skills he could of been anything such a good player

He got cleared their last year, played one game a job fell through so he went over to WA.

what clubs and players are looking the goods ? how many clubs are a chance for the flag

Anyone at this stage, I have always been a big believer that you need to improve after winning a flag and I am not sure that City have, even though they lost on the weekend with a fair few players not playing. I don't know if they will be better than last year. Especially with Lutzey coming back from a serious knee injury, Hider missing a fair few already and the loss of some classy players, they also had their fullback go down with a serious knee on saturday which is dissapointing. They may still win it becuase of the class but its going to be tougher than what they have had previously to do it.

Rosedale are on the improve and at full strength seem to have the best balanced side and are probably flag favourites.

Your boys are interesting! Saw the two Hector boys played the last two games, your top six or seven are brilliant but still a very young side. Are they permanents?

Heyfield are a bit of a wildcard, they have a little bit of momentum and hopefully with a nearly full list plus Mitch Dowse (hopefully) and new recruit Daniel Brown (Old Haileybury Amateurs) can get over their lack of big fellas down back. Having said that their backline have been solid as, and it seems players are getting settled into the roles. The form of Coxy has been dissapointing hopefully he can improve because we know what he can be capable of.

Glengarry and Churchill can't never be discounted at all and hopefully Cowwarr can push back into that bracket as well with some form, returning players and injuries holding them back at the moment.

It's very even in the NGFNL at this stage :thumbsu:

Rosedale, City or Heyfield will salute come finals time. Not much between them so it will probably depend on who has the least number of injuries when finals arrive. City have had a couple of losses but with numbers out. Rosedale are the form team but Heyfield are gaining momentum rapidly and seem to be the dark horse. These 3 appear to be a class above the rest, even at this mid part of the season. My 2 cents worth.

Im in canada this year so dont know alot about it so just going off what i see and hear on sites

Yeah sale city have been a class above for a few years and with the players they should take it but anything can happen, if more players go down do they have the depth in there 2's ?

Rosedale ive heard are a very strong outfit and seemed to picked up a few this year

Yeah our top 6 or 7 are pretty handy with brian probably being the pick of them going on last year but still all very good, Im not sure how many will stay hopefully all of them do i guess depending who coaches next year, Yeah i seen the two boys played i think we are there home club now not sure if its all year or just every now and then. Rumors of 1 or 2 maybe heading back to tgon next year but not sure how true but could be big things if they stick together

Did glen lose anyone cause they dont seem to be as dominant as last year at this stage, churchill always find away and have always been good for some reason alot home grown boys out there i guess helps.

I seen your boys seemed to of hit there straps ? you guys always find away aswell been a very good team for a long time. Is dowse there full time now or playing vfl aswell and what about there other one? Is brown good never heard anything about him? speaking of brown is leigh brown going to play cause look out if he does. Not the biggest fan of cox on the field but the man can play footy.

Good to see the north gippy having abit going on this year

City's seconds are undefeated, we played them last week and whilst we were not at our best and with a few injuries, they were better than us.

They have three players if fit that would walk into nearly any other senior side Zeph Klimas, James Jessup and Matt Raidal..they also have regulars who could play seniors in Daniel Bird, Feathers etc.

But you can't replace the quality players if they do go down....

Mitch Dowse is playing VFL but is available for his usual quota of games plus a few more:thumbsu:. I doubt Leigh will play this year, I am sure being coach of a Melbourne's forward line has its dark days without having to worry about coming and playing at Heyfield.

Glen have lost alot of players, plus add to that the fact King and Ryan Potter have been injured has seen them slide a little this year.

Matt Raidal is a gun he only started playing again last yr i think it was?

haha yeah true but they did win last weekend so maybe some good signs for melbourne but hopefully the mighty pies give them a hiding

Oh whats wrong with potsy ? King needs a year off i reckon poor bloke is always doing something but such a good player when he is up and about. Finally our boys got up against glen in the seniors been along time since that has happened

Your boys seem to be playing some great footy by the looks of the scores latel. Are you playing in the 1's?

Matt can't play much due to work commitments, but yeah he is a very good player.

Not sure what is wrong with Potter but he has missed a few.

I have played a couple of games in the ones but being so long out of footy, not training, having knee issues etc has meant a lot of catch up. It was good to play seniors and showed me what is required but I am happy playing in the two's and help out where I can. I also blew my knee out two weeks ago which is not good, I will definitely be better prepared for what I need to do better next pre season.

In other Heyfield news, assistant coach Jesse Leeds was given the all clear to resume playing again after a serious neck injury was suffered playing for Sale in the 2008 preliminary final. He could be a massive pick up for the Roos and be a potential missing link down back.

Can anyone tell me why Woodside's coach would be cleared to Boolarra?

City stole a thriller v Glengarry yesterday. A draw would have been a fair result but City are starting to return to some better form it appears. Heyfield must be disappointed with their result V Rosedale, who would still be flag favourites.

City stole a thriller v Glengarry yesterday. A draw would have been a fair result but City are starting to return to some better form it appears. Heyfield must be disappointed with their result V Rosedale, who would still be flag favourites.

Due for a down game Heyfield, wasn't their but was told the players were very disappointing. Rosedale wil continue to bother Heyfield because they have strengths in our weaknesses. They have a dominant ruckman, smart classy midfielders and big forwards.

Due for a down game Heyfield, wasn't their but was told the players were very disappointing. Rosedale wil continue to bother Heyfield because they have strengths in our weaknesses. They have a dominant ruckman, smart classy midfielders and big forwards.

Rosedale also proved against heyfields tall and highflying forward targets how stong there backline can be aswell, they really seem to have the 'complete' team this yr..
Were Heyfield ever really a chance come the business end of finals, espcially with Churchills polished outside running and there persistant style of never give up attitude. Churchill always seem to be the team to 'take it' to to the top teams and with Rosedale in Form that hasnt been seen for a handfull of yrs and Sale City with some quality players still to Return, With such a poor performance on the wknd i just cant see Heyfield having to many more wins other then thrashing the likes of bottom feeders boisdale and gormy..

Rosedale also proved against heyfields tall and highflying forward targets how stong there backline can be aswell, they really seem to have the 'complete' team this yr..
Were Heyfield ever really a chance come the business end of finals, espcially with Churchills polished outside running and there persistant style of never give up attitude. Churchill always seem to be the team to 'take it' to to the top teams and with Rosedale in Form that hasnt been seen for a handfull of yrs and Sale City with some quality players still to Return, With such a poor performance on the wknd i just cant see Heyfield having to many more wins other then thrashing the likes of bottom feeders boisdale and gormy..

You are kidding aren't you? Churchill are sixth, lost to Cowwarr last week, who we spanked! Generally speaking the ladder rarely changes at the turn of the mark and I expect Churchill not to make finals.

Nothing like being persistent and taking it up to the top team, Churchill did thy well in 07 and 09. Hehehe

I think one bad week doesn't justify a team's season. Heyfield have beaten everyone or been a chance too, bar Rosedale. We should have won against Churchill away and will rue that missed opportunity.

Name some quality players that are to return to City?

Did you catch the Heyfield game on the weekend Nugget? Alarm bells would have been ringing at 1/2 time, with them only 20 points up against an extremely inexperienced side at Gormy. If they played like that against Rosedale or Sale City, then they would have been down by 10 goals.

Different story in the 2nd half, with them doing what a good team should and smashing Gormy. I think they outscored them about 68 to 0 in the 3rd quarter, although Gormy were pretty good in the 4th to only be outscored by about 2 goals. Overall, they really only played 1 quarter of football that was close to what you would expect from a side capable of winning a flag.

Don't know any of the Heyfield side from a bar of soap, but the big unit coming out of the goal square in the 2nd half goes alright. Takes a good grab and kick them from 50.

Felt sorry for the Gormy 2's. The poor old full-back doesn't deserve to cop Brett Szabo, especially given Heyfield had about 90 inside 50's.

Did you catch the Heyfield game on the weekend Nugget? Alarm bells would have been ringing at 1/2 time, with them only 20 points up against an extremely inexperienced side at Gormy. If they played like that against Rosedale or Sale City, then they would have been down by 10 goals.

Different story in the 2nd half, with them doing what a good team should and smashing Gormy. I think they outscored them about 68 to 0 in the 3rd quarter, although Gormy were pretty good in the 4th to only be outscored by about 2 goals. Overall, they really only played 1 quarter of football that was close to what you would expect from a side capable of winning a flag.

Don't know any of the Heyfield side from a bar of soap, but the big unit coming out of the goal square in the 2nd half goes alright. Takes a good grab and kick them from 50.

Felt sorry for the Gormy 2's. The poor old full-back doesn't deserve to cop Brett Szabo, especially given Heyfield had about 90 inside 50's.

Pumpter, No I didn't catch any of the game I havent been to a game since I got injured and for other reasons (which was Woodside). As for the game if you said we were going to travel to Gormandale and win by 109 points I think you would be happy. But I can see your points and it has been typical of us this year.

Before the season started people were asking me where I thought Heyfield were at, It was simple "I can see us being real good but I can see us being ordinary also". We have played well in some games I have watched and been ordinary in others...This is due to the fact that Heyfield play an attacking brand of football we are very young, very inexperienced and have an undersized backline missing their most versatile backmen (Justin Cox).

I don't know where Heyfield will finish, could I see them win it? Yes..Could I see them go straight out..Yes..we are a smokey and I will leave it at that.

The big fella would have been Jesse Leeds (Toby Leeds brother) last played in 2008 after a serious neck injury, so that was his second game. Can play the game and would have been a senior premiership player at Sale if not for the injury.

Yeah the seconds at full strength will contain more medals than most senior sides, Lyell Berry, Brett Szabo, Trent Anderson, Nathan Wellins, Luke Conway, Wayne Knight and Matt Cassidy. We should have a fair crack at it in the two's hopefully, It would definitely be an honour to capatin all those blokes to a flag!

As for City the players out of their side, who I would say are quality players are Jesse Broadbent (broken leg, won't play?), Jacob Milham (Off Shore, work commitments) and Matt Lutze (Knee Reconstruction, still doubtful?) are all that I can think of??

Heyfield had five players on Saturday that have 1 or more premiership medallions, Dowse, Kelly, Humphries, Ferret Neille and Brenton Dinsdale. Pretty big turnaround since the end of 2009.

i think ur pretty spot on about heyfield being the smokey, being a rosedale follewer im surprised after hearing how well they play against the rest of the league (after our two performances against them), plenty of people ive spoken to this yr give them every chance, but the way i see it rosedale and churchill match up to well against them with ruckman/midfield and backline combinations.. now churchill will be struggling to make it bk in the top 5 it will prob come down to how well rdale can keep there form in the finals..

Dont be surprised if churchill do make it bk in and finished strong, after there game against us they showed plenty of c#$% about them.

dont want to get to far ahead of myself but i think TTU will be the big sliders in the second half, couple key injuries and young bodies getting harrased week in week out, it will take a lot of spirit to pull through to finals, i mean they have shown theve got the money to get there.. but were is the rest of what u need to make a team??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long time reader, Past player and supporter of Heyfield. Entering first finals series since Anderson coached them to a premiership in 2009. Alot of kids stepping up To fill places of greats of recent times. Any thoughts on how the finals series may pan out? League best and fairest? Team of the year?

Congrats to Heyfield who played their best footy in the big dance. Rosedale peaked a couple of weeks too early and Sale City did well with an unusually different side to the past 2 seasons. I actually posted in May that these 3 teams were the ones to beat, but Heyfield improved more than most predicted.

Rosedale shot themselves in the foot plain and simple, should have been five goals up at quarter time (but for poor kicking) would have been game over! Then having a 16 point lead at half time and kicking five points in the third quarter is a cardinal sin.

Luckily it just all fell into place for Heyfield, didn't get blown away early, they were within sight at half time and managed to get in front due to poor kicking at 3/4 time. Once they got a sniff there was no stopping us as one thing we have done well is run out games and we did that again.

When you think about it our closest margin to Rosedale was 71 points, that's a 15 goal turnaround, it just seems so surreal that we won, it was probably reflective in the celebrations on Saturday night too...everybody was in shock.

Commiseration's must go to Rosedale and Birssy who were the top side all year, but being the top side doesnt guarantee alot unfortunately...

Rosedale shot themselves in the foot plain and simple, should have been five goals up at quarter time (but for poor kicking) would have been game over! Then having a 16 point lead at half time and kicking five points in the third quarter is a cardinal sin.

Luckily it just all fell into place for Heyfield, didn't get blown away early, they were within sight at half time and managed to get in front due to poor kicking at 3/4 time. Once they got a sniff there was no stopping us as one thing we have done well is run out games and we did that again.

When you think about it our closest margin to Rosedale was 71 points, that's a 15 goal turnaround, it just seems so surreal that we won, it was probably reflective in the celebrations on Saturday night too...everybody was in shock.

Commiseration's must go to Rosedale and Birssy who were the top side all year, but being the top side doesnt guarantee alot unfortunately...
Absolutely agree. No way known were Heyfield the best team in the league this season, but history will say otherwise due to the result. Rosedale only had themselves to blame, and had numerous opportunities to ice the game in the last half. Felt like i was watching a replay of the 2009 Grand Final, where Gormy threw it away against Churchill. Would feel like such a wasted year for Rosedale.

What is going at Tyers, have had one year coaches for the last five years if I am not mistaken Stolarzyck, Hawking, Aitken, Heil and then Stolarzyck in that order!!!

Cooper is an interesting one, club stalwart, gun footballer. Up for debate the success when a club appoints a coach who is a long serving player from within. I can think of a few clubs who have recruited players for one to two years and then moved into coaching with success but none from long standing players/members within there own club.

Luke Henderson coaching Gormandale?? Sandemann still coaching Boisdale?? Churchill and Rosedale on the lookout??

Remove this Banner Ad

North Gippsland Football League Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back