North have the worst skills in the comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if serious?

We're still a bottom 4 team, I rate you guys a couple of places higher but you aren't in any sort of form. That game will be close IMO.

As for North themselves, what's up with Hansen? Looked better at the end of last year. Top 3 pick now in 5th year, deserves some serious scrutiny.

On paper I rate us ahead of you guys too, but on that performance I just can't see how we can compete agienst most sides in the comp let alone the Tigers who have looked good. Bad foot skills, slow by hand, lack speed and class, react badly to pressured situations and can't take a overhead grab to save our life.

Hansen has been pathetic this year. Top 3 draft, had massive expectations and now in his 5th year can't get near the footy and when he has he's disposal is flat. He needs to go back to VFL. Not good enough,

We must go into this game determined to win and win well. Mcguane and Rance are back and Post and Nason are a chance to play too. We can drop Nahas and Edwards. Miller and Grimes maybe unlucky too. Go tigers :thumbsu:

Was our major deficiency last year and not sure enough of an effort was put into it over the pre-season, even guys with very good skills are performing poorly which indicates confidence in shot as a team and individually.

But, in saying that, we haven't played well on the road for some time and are still testing different things when it comes to getting the team playing well interstate. We have had two road trips to Perth and a game against Collingwood so far this season so I think that has had an impact as well.

We definitely need a lot of work in this area. We are good in some passages and shizen in others. Going to be a long year.

Im so happy that Boomer came out and publicly berated players on radio. Seems to have done us a world of good.

Get it together North.

considering north were playing superior opposition, away from home, after a bye and two straight losses, i think they played pretty well, and certainly could of played MUCH worse which i thought they would. for a rebuilding club i would see this game as a positive. the intent was always there and never stopped trying. sure they made some skill errors but no more than freo did.

They've played collingwood and freo, two very good teams, so I wouldn't hit the panic button yet. They came close to West Coast who pushed Sydney & Hawthorn so they're not that far behind the main pack. They'll string a few wins together in the middle and latter part of the season. Probably looking at a bottom 5 finish, but you can't say that wasn't expected at the beginning of the season, they've got a pretty tough draw.

I think the last two posts have been some of the most reasonable ive read in a while. Even us north fans have hit the panic button a bit early, you just need some perspective.

However there was no defending how craptastic our basic skills were today, it was putrid at points.

They came close to West Coast who pushed Sydney & Hawthorn so they're not that far behind the main pack.

freo beat adelaide who beat hawks...dam we are sure things against hawkies.

...who beat eagles...bring on the derby! :D

but port will flog hawks and freo after they beat crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No arguments here.

Big Changes needed and if they dont happen next week we will have even less support if thats possible.

Our FF and CHF are Lindsay Thomas and Drew Petrie/Lachie Hansen.

Extremely Useless.

he's way too small to be a CHF or FF. he's perfect as flanker or even a pocket player but to be a KPP is a bit optimistic

freo beat adelaide who beat hawks...dam we are sure things against hawkies.

...who beat eagles...bring on the derby! :D

but port will flog hawks and freo after they beat crows.

lol, I usually take other factors into account but the Hawks/Sydney vs WC comparison was pretty straight forward and was a decent indicator of where the teams are at imo

as for the conclusions you drew:

Adelaide play well against the Hawks at AAMI, it was first game of the season, so I wouldn't personally read too much into that match.

and the better Adelaide team doesn't always win the showdown (or whatever it's called), the ladder position rarely has a bearing on the game.

That being said, Hawks should easily account for Port and I expect the WC / Freo game to be a cracker, I see Freo as a 3-4 goal better side

Richmond will go in heavy favorites and should beat us quite comfortably on that performance. Cotchin, Martin, Edwards and Delidio have more talent in there finger tips then most of our slow, workman like midfielders.

agree with ur sentiments on lids, cotch and martin but u can swap edwards for Grigg as edwards is a spud and if he doesnt get dropped this week ill fricken spew!!!

Bet your bottom dollar Hansen and Petrie have blinders against us next week. We have been spanked 2 weeks running but kept guys like Roughead, Cloke and Dawes to respectable goal tallies, yet these mobile hat racks will play out of their skin next week then won't be sighted for weeks on end after:thumbsdown:

Well despite everything else that's been said, North do have a good counter attack happening.
More than a few times they broke out from down back and got the ball up to their scoring end quickly and efficiently. And there wasn't much Freo could do to stop it.

That's something at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

North have the worst skills in the comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back