North make $5m offer for Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard Rance is on the radar, but he'd need to take a 250k pay cut or stop the diving/flopping/gagging/flapping/dropping routine.

Over rated, but prolly worth the 500k and the kingdom hall we'd have to build somewhere...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
17 clubs would fall over themselves to get Rance at $800k and the winner would pay considerably more.

You're club seriously undermined your goodwill

Very tacky attitude

Won't be forgotten either

No more handouts

Again, why i edited that comment and had other questions. Overall what is an expansion club going to do? They had previous connections to those players (many of them noted that if north was given an original AFLW team that would have been their preferred team). Not sure how it fits with being tacky, really the ground work for that was laid well before the AFLW was a thing. Any club would be foolish not to capitalise on that. I'm not trolling, what was so unseemly that got the other clubs offside?

Maybe he has a secret deal to join north in two years like their secret deal with kelly

According to Teffy it's not a secret, rather common knowledge.

I liken it to the Saints knocking back Fyfe last year because of his injury concerns :D

Seriously mate, why the hate. Good players out of contract will attract attention. God knows collingwood have recruited a few high profile recruits over the year. Sure north have a lower following than the pies and have had to be creative with promoting the club and all that but seriously why the hostility. You guys recruited Greenwood and Wells i'm sure you cant blame north for wanting to recruit good players

Go easy, he's not the full quid. There's a few like him bobbing round, mostly Collingwood,Essendon and Richmond.

Most of them support the club because they were given a scarf at the home by some kindly soul.

Pretty sad stories most of them, Kennetts cuts in the 90s can be blamed for them ending up here

Seriously mate, why the hate. Good players out of contract will attract attention. God knows collingwood have recruited a few high profile recruits over the year. Sure north have a lower following than the pies and have had to be creative with promoting the club and all that but seriously why the hostility. You guys recruited Greenwood and Wells i'm sure you cant blame north for wanting to recruit good players
No hate mate
Just a good memory
Change of zones
Manipulation of commission

Desperate
Look at me look at me play

Never had the currency to enable a trade to happen

Joke

No hate mate
Just a good memory
Change of zones
Manipulation of commission

Desperate
Look at me look at me play

Never had the currency to enable a trade to happen

Joke

O

k

Oh and by the way

You should have seen big bobs face

Certainly told him in his boutique seats owing me cash

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh and by the way

You should have seen big bobs face

Certainly told him in his boutique seats owing me cash

Im not sure what you're talking about here

Went into planned liquidation
Like most shonks

Owing money everywhere

As a student / creditor at the time yeah I want my money back

Especially when he's drinking champers and having a jolly time of it

North have once again failed for the 5th or 6th attempt. Questions would now need to be asked about why they can't attract top talent on silly coin. It does seem that players simply don't want to play for them.

Go easy, he's not the full quid. There's a few like him bobbing round, mostly Collingwood,Essendon and Richmond.

Most of them support the club because they were given a scarf at the home by some kindly soul.

Pretty sad stories most of them, Kennetts cuts in the 90s can be blamed for them ending up here

No most support those clubs cause they had great champions by the bucketful for over 100 years
You guys well I suppose

You can dine out on duck , boomer, arch
How's that working for you and that legion of support those years of dominance got you

Once like my club you were salt of the earth, not charging admission for entrance to games , food kitchen , employment
Your pokie stance is to be commended

Lost your opportunity to build support and lost your way

Now reaking of desperation

North have once again failed for the 5th or 6th attempt. Questions would now need to be asked about why they can't attract top talent on silly coin. It does seem that players simply don't want to play for them.

download.png

I'd say it's probably because most of them realise there's more to life than money. Especially in Jordan's case where he gets to play at the MCG in front of huge crowds on a regular basis at one of the biggest clubs that can offer a lot more both during and after footy. I'd be shocked if he left Collingwood but I'll be watching with interest how this plays out.

Great stuff by the roos if the offer is true. Why shouldn't they or any other club chase hard the best players in the comp? The industry is now built on paying for potential, they have the cash, need and more importantly the balls to go hard for what they think their club needs.
And I dont get all this 'destination club' shit being flung at the Roos - especially from pies fans... its not like your this amazing destination club players are lining up to join. Unless of course you include wells/mayne who only came for years and over inflated contracts NOBODY else would offer them - except a desperate Collingwood at the time looking to make finals to justify keeping their untried favourite son coach

its not like your this amazing destination club players are lining up to join. Unless of course you include wells/mayne who only came for years and over inflated contracts NOBODY else would offer them - except a desperate Collingwood at the time looking to make finals to justify keeping their untried favourite son coach

Adam Treloar, Jeremy Howe, Will Hoskin-Elliott.. pretty good players, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back