Play Nice North Melbourne - 2018 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be lucky to make finals from here. Still hard to be upset given where preseason predictions has us, but hard not to dream.

Good or bad, club is too proud to put the cue in the rack, so will likely still finish 8-10th.
I'm a big hater of finishing 10-8. Would rather finish 14thish

This post conveniently ignores that we were down a man on the bench from the first 3 minutes of the game, and one of our best midfield weapons in Ben Jacobs was a late-out.

But sure... have a dig.
The post was made when you were two goals up just before the start of the last qtr and Sydney’s best mid was out for the game.

Win that and you are in the eight and finals beckon.

There’s was no malice in that post and not sure how you took it as a dig.

North really struggling against these top 8 teams.

My comparison to Port last year might have been overrating North. Might scrape into the 8 off a weak draw but won’t win a final.

NorthNearly Melbourne. I hope this season doesn't fizzle out to very little after they were promising for so long. Many did get that impression though. That they would fade.

North the Nearly men Melbourne is starting to look what they've become after several seasons of making finals or playing in the prelim to always falling short.

I thought they would barely win a game in the second half of the season, so they are still outperforming my expectations for them. Don't really rate them or their 'resurgence' which was pretty much just their older players playing well anyway which was never going to last the whole season. To my mind they've just put off the inevitable rebuild, they haven't completed one and their core isn't strong enough to just recruit a few players and challenge again like say Geelong or Sydney.

You only need to look at a list of their talented under 23's to realise how much they really haven't rebuilt their list.

Can someone tell me what North's Win/Loss record is when Ben Jacobs is in.
Since the beginning of 2016, we are 15-5 with Jacobs and 11-31 without.

Instead of paying 700k for a B grade mid, we should use that money to keep one of our A grade mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whos ben jacobs?
Ask Dusty or Cotchin, I’m pretty sure they’ll remember him.

And show some respect, people’s names begin with capitals.

Only teams they have beaten above them are Swans, GWS and Hawthorn.

Most if their wins against bottom six teams

What they have beaten shows where they are truly at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice North Melbourne - 2018 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back