Club Focus North Melbourne 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Spreadsheet created by Lore and Taylor, using data from footywire and AFL Tables. Version above maintained by giantroo.

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Out of form, how long is out of form before it becomes the norm ? Looks likely to sign an extension for a mil plus per season. And I'd rather Teakle and pick 2 than King.

King and McDonald two of the most over rated players doing the rounds. Ben McKay is another. Teakle fyi is a mid season pick and just happy he competes and has a crack. He's no world beater that's obvious.
This has to be entered into the worst takes for the season

BRYNN TEAKLE and pick 2 over max King

My god

Brynn ****ing Teakle

Which Darcy you talking about ?

If its the doggies Sam Darcy you clearly have not watched him play
Jokes and the whole intergenerational Darcy loyalty to Whitten Oval thing aside, as far as current players go, he would have to be one of the 3 or 4 most desirable trades North could make.

I'd happily offer WB our first as a starting point.

Jokes and the whole intergenerational Darcy loyalty to Whitten Oval thing aside, as far as current players go, he would have to be one of the 3 or 4 most desirable trades North could make.

I would happily give up Richmond 1st this year and our 2 2nd rounders if that could get it done
This guy is going to become a gun i have no doubt

Even putting the F/S aside, I don’t think there’s a rational offer that would even turn our heads.

Even putting the F/S aside, I don’t think there’s a rational offer that would even turn our heads.
Probably not for Darcy, no. Its a bit like trying to imagine what North would accept for Sheezel.

But surely there's some WB talls up for grabs soon. For instance, I don't understand how Croft can have any confidence he'll get a string of games in the seniors anytime in the next couple years.

Probably not for Darcy, no. Its a bit like trying to imagine what North would accept for Sheezel.

But surely there's some WB talls up for grabs soon. For instance, I don't understand how Croft can have any confidence he'll get a string of games in the seniors anytime in the next couple years.
Croft seems to be tracking well without looking close to demanding a debut, so it might not be an issue. And he may well end up a defender, where there will be spots soon when Jones and Keath retire. Or maybe Jamarra goes elsewhere at the end of 2026. Who knows.

What the **** is wrong with you lot . Teakle is doing a job . I wouldn't swap pick 2 for King, glad you would, knock ya self ****en out.
Brynn Teakle and pick 2!!!!!!!

North are doing that trade every day and twice on Sunday

Brynn Teakle 😂😂😂

Hawks posters got roasted about the rose coloured glasses over Fergus Greene

The Hypocrisy!!!!

Brynn Teakle 😂😂😂

The Hypocrisy!!!!
I think the point he's making is that he doesn't rate Max King as high as the general consensus does.

I wouldn't hand over pick 2 for Max King if I'm North.

Has played 1 full season and had 3 significantly injury disrupted seasons out of 6.

He has talent but North don't need to pay pick 2 for a bloke to sit in rehab.

I wouldn't hand over pick 2 for Max King if I'm North.

Has played 1 full season and had 3 significantly injury disrupted seasons out of 6.

He has talent but North don't need to pay pick 2 for a bloke to sit in rehab.

Thank you, but you didn't put in the Hawks fans fav thing the "lol". King averages 4 marks, 1.4 goals per game, I have no issue if he comes good. But yeah we'd be next level crazy to entertain such a move.

I did enjoy this little article, and the Hawk fans also "LOL'd" when we said he was one to watch.
Of course they tried to to poach him, but Charlie said, " **** off".

1720075138993.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The news today on LDU is another example of rebuilding taking far too long in the AFL.

No doubt at 24 he possibly can't see the light at the end of the tunnel arriving before his career is in its twilight and will either fleece North with a massive payday (which will inhibit future list building) or will seek to leave.

Struggling clubs need to be able to retain their talent. Losing McKay is already a big hole they are yet to fill.

Draft or trade in a full back instead of drafting so many mids.

They let McKay go.

Brynn Teakle 😂😂😂

The Hypocrisy!!!!

You seem to be ignoring the pick 2 in the trade and focusing totally on the steak knives.

Is King worth pick 2?

Nope. Not in the crap form has displayed.

Brynn Teakle 😂😂😂

The Hypocrisy!!!!

Teakle is a trier, I think he will keep the seat warm until someone a lot better comes by. The question is should it be Max King or not.

Out of the forwards, statistically Max is running...
30th for Marks
34th for Marks Inside 50
33rd for Marks On Lead
14th for Contested Marks
23rd for Shots at Goal
28th for Goal Average
20th for Goal Assists
53rd for Goal Accuracy (50%)

Regardless at what you think he is worth, there are a lot of players between the number 1 ranking and where King currently resides who don't have the inflated reputation who would be far cheaper to acquire.

So as a strategy, do you think it would be best to cough up pick 2 plus whatever for this kind of output?

So the rumour that North may get access to the NT zone?

As a born and bred Territorian I will say allocating us as a zone to the AFL current basket case clubs is starting to wear a bit thin. AFL did it for the Suns and at least they moved two home games and have invested in the region. With Tassie starting up do North pkay two home games in Darwin from then on?

So now the AFL ship out the Suns and replace them with the next struggling club?

Will they just keep doing this for the next one as well?

Feeling a tad used and treated as second class AFL citizens TBH. The flip side if more NT boys get drafted thats a positive.

That has been in the media. I assume this is coming from the AFL given the club hasn't talked about it before.

As a born and bred Territorian I will say allocating us as a zone to the AFL current basket case clubs is starting to wear a bit thin. AFL did it for the Suns and at least they moved two home games and have invested in the region. With Tassie starting up do North pkay two home games in Darwin from then on?

I hope we don't play games there, I hope we return to just playing games in Melbourne.

Indigenous numbers have been dropping off, from what I read, it suggested the AFL would prefer a united pathway for NT, it currently isn't the status quo. GC also has far too large a pool to capture from, to a certain extent, despite their extra list size they don't really have any room to take players from this region because they are getting a lot more local academy players.

So now the AFL ship out the Suns and replace them with the next struggling club?

I know you don't really give a shit about the talent pathway for indigenous, it is just another excuse to bitch about something. If you did, you would accept the current system isn't working for NT so the status quo isn't a good thing.

Feeling a tad used and treated as second class AFL citizens TBH. The flip side if more NT boys get drafted thats a positive.

NT isn't a citizen of the AFL.

The indigenous deserve a better chance of having a pathway into the AFL, even if it isn't this, it should be something else other than the status quo.

I don't think there should be any academies, AFL should get off their arse and handle grass roots development, it is meant to be part of their job as the administration.

Dear me i would love 2 AFL games every year in Cairns . Would not care who played and were they are on the ladder, Would not miss a match.

The news today on LDU is another example of rebuilding taking far too long in the AFL.

No doubt at 24 he possibly can't see the light at the end of the tunnel arriving before his career is in its twilight and will either fleece North with a massive payday (which will inhibit future list building) or will seek to leave.

Struggling clubs need to be able to retain their talent. Losing McKay is already a big hole they are yet to fill.
Comben has filled the hole - has been every bit as good as McKay and is 4 years younger. He will only get better when Logue returns.

Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn and Melbourne are the AFL basket cases?

Those 5 clubs have virtually abandoned the NT.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back