AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

“The hefty defeat was a record low in more ways than one for Essendon, with the scoreline both the Bombers' lowest ever score and their biggest defeat in their three-year history.”

About 2000 cheering loudly and about 2336 whinging. It was actually great to have so many there, and also that it seriously seemed close to half and half.

i got chatting in the long queue and found out I had Bella Eddey’s family behind me. Took the opportunity to say how great she is, not just onfield but with fans and the sponsor group.
She is a star, another on the list of massive improvers from last season.

4336 spectators at the game, so it would have been a good atmosphere.
It was a good atmosphere. My first time at AFLW. Only the second time I have ever seen a North team beat * at Windy Hill in yonks. Feeling really good. Other posters have said the second half was less impressive. I agree. The skills fell away markedly after half time. An observation, not a criticism. BUT, Mrs Bertie and I got to sing the song!!! (Missed our Melbourne win over GC!!!) The women are an impressive team. I hope they can go on with it.

Another good win, what happened to Sarah Wright, i came back from a drinks break and the commentary didn't sound to good.

Of course the usual suspects in Garner, Riddell, MKing, were dominant, but again in just over 66% ToG, Ruby is earning her stripes in there really well.

Forward line has an embarassment of riches, aerially, or loose ball, excellent pressure, and all capable goal kicker's.

Defense without Kearney a very solid unit, the metre's gained by O'Shea, Craven, and Bresnehan is great for our (dry weather) game plan.

Lovely to see Brisbane go down today, did Starcevic have a sook about anything ?

Next week is going to be such a massive game. I really wish it was down here so I could go.

Just the game we need. The last three games have barely presented a challenge. Need to play a game where we have to be sharp for four quarters before finals.

I think our worst performance in front of goal for the season (excl. the Richmond game because the conditions were diabolical) contributed more to us not scoring more heavily, but she did play a very good game today, perhaps her best AFLW game.
Yeah we kicked poorly as well.

Just the game we need. The last three games have barely presented a challenge. Need to play a game where we have to be sharp for four quarters before finals.
I'm watching the Adelaide/Collingwood match, and the Crows are hardly setting the world on fire, they have only just kicked their third goal late in the third quarter, against the team sitting last on the table.

Maybe they will lift next week against stronger opposition, but they aren't doing anything that should concern our team.

Another good win, what happened to Sarah Wright, i came back from a drinks break and the commentary didn't sound to good.

Of course the usual suspects in Garner, Riddell, MKing, were dominant, but again in just over 66% ToG, Ruby is earning her stripes in there really well.

Forward line has an embarassment of riches, aerially, or loose ball, excellent pressure, and all capable goal kicker's.

Defense without Kearney a very solid unit, the metre's gained by O'Shea, Craven, and Bresnehan is great for our (dry weather) game plan.

Lovely to see Brisbane go down today, did Starcevic have a sook about anything ?
Some ankle injury
She can miss a game or 2

I'm watching the Adelaide/Collingwood match, and the Crows are hardly setting the world on fire, they have only just kicked their third goal late in the third quarter, against the team sitting last on the table.

Maybe they will lift next week against stronger opposition, but they aren't doing anything that should concern our team.
I honestly think that Brisbane are the only legitimate opposition and them losing today shows they may not be up to it either.

I kind of hope they do. At some point in a key final our girls might be right under the pump. Richmond and Geelong have asked us some questions this year, but the other 7 games have been very easy. I thought they noticeably switched off in the second half today. That's OK. But they need to be sharper in finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commentator in the Adelaide v Collingwood game said that North can be beaten in the wet.

Why does this myth persist? We haven't lost a game this year in wet conditions.
It was Sarah Hosking from Richmond, who obviously forgot that the Tigers were beaten by North in the wet. Geelong drew with us in the wet, but since then we have been unbeaten in four wet games.

Commentator in the Adelaide v Collingwood game said that North can be beaten in the wet.

Why does this myth persist? We haven't lost a game this year in wet conditions.
They need a narrative that means teams have a shot at it because so far only Geelong in the wet have come close to it.

Everyone else, wet or not have been no where near it.

Haven't heard anything. But I think he might've started a BigFooty account:
haha.png

“The hefty defeat was a record low in more ways than one for Essendon, with the scoreline both the Bombers' lowest ever score and their biggest defeat in their three-year history.”
Nice to finally be given a chance to cross them off the kill list.

Hawthorn are the only one that remains. How long will the AFL let them dodge us? Hopefully we meet in the finals.

Nice to finally be given a chance to cross them off the kill list.

Hawthorn are the only one that remains. How long will the AFL let them dodge us? Hopefully we meet in the finals.
****en should be a 17 game season - play everyone

So am I right now that we only need to with one game now to make sure we stay in Melbourne for all the finals? Second will be enough if hawks manage to finish top?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back