AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Now half time, 46-6 - as the commentators suggest, we could rest some players and look at some different things in the second half. Also mid-forward connection needs a bit of sharpening up.

I love this team. It’s wonderful to again switch on the footy and see full on effort and skill and confidence and dominance from players in North jumpers.

72-12 at three quarter time.

I think North would be a little disappointed with the two goals they have conceded, they weren't from any great Giants team play, but from poor skill errors that lead to a turnover and a Giants opportunity.

I think it's going to be hard to leave Tripodi out of the lineup this season, she is a clever user of the ball and very good at finding a teammate in tight quarters.

Disappointing final quarter but the Roos win 11.11.77 to 3.2.20.

Right at the end it looked like Ferguson was injured, and she remained on the ground receiving attention well after the siren, so I hope it's not too bad. The commentators didn't care at all, they were too busy talking about the Giants.

Looks like Slocombe, Bruton and Shierlaw were all not playing that half

Expect them to come on, would drop Zoe and Burke/craven and rest randall
I don't think Bruton or Shierlaw made an appearance, I didn't see them. Slocombe came on the second half, it would have been nice to see her in space, see if she has some toe, but she did some nice things in the short time she was on the park.

It's going to be interesting to see what Crocks does with players outside of our regulars, it feels like there is at least 26-27 players good enough to play regular AFLW this season and that's without knowing enough about Bogue and Stubs.

Last edited:
No mention of Ferguson in the match report, so hopefully that means she is okay.

AFLW practice match report: Kangas crush GWS

AFLW practice match report: Kangas crush GWS​

The Kangaroos have flexed their muscles in their final pre-season hitout
By NMFC Media
1 hr ago
WPMGWSNM24JG053061309-2-FT.jpg

The North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos have flexed their muscles in their final pre-season hitout ahead of Round 1, seeing off Greater Western Sydney by 57 points in Saturday's official AFLW practice match.
Last season's leading goalkicker Tahlia Randall showed she will remain a force to be reckoned with this year, kicking four on a warm afternoon at Blacktown International Sportspark.
Champion onballers Jas Garner (two goals) and Ash Riddell were also among the standouts as the Kangaroos ran out comfortable winners, 11.11 (77) to 3.2 (20).
Livewire forward Alice O'Loughlin proved a handful for the Giants' defenders, kicking two goals, while Tess Craven and Ruby Tripodi were rewarded for their hard running with a goal apiece.
Senior defender Nicole Bresnehan returned to action, having recovered from a hamstring injury that sidelined her for last weekend's match simulation training against St Kilda.
The Kangaroos now turn their eyes to their premiership campaign, which begins with a grand final rematch against Brisbane in Round 1 at Brighton Homes Arena on Sunday, September 1.
GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY 0.0 1.0 2.0 3.2 (20)
NORTH MELBOURNE
3.4 7.4 11.6 11.11 (77)
GOALS
North Melbourne:
Randall 4, Garner 2, O'Loughlin 2, Craven, E King, Tripodi

Good to see the official match report showing that one of the goals the dopey commentators attributed to Tahlia Randall was actually kicked by Emma King. I thought I was going mad when they kept saying early on that Tahlia and Alice O had kicked all of our goals.

Good to see the official match report showing that one of the goals the dopey commentators attributed to Tahlia Randall was actually kicked by Emma King. I thought I was going mad when they kept saying early on that Tahlia and Alice O had kicked all of our goals.
I thought the toepoke from 5cms out was Emma King’s goal, but because they both had their hair up in a similar fashion I thought I may have been wrong. It’s nice to know that I’m not now confusing King and Randall, I have enough trouble at times with Gatt and O’Shea and Garner and Shannon. 😊

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the toepoke from 5cms out was Emma King’s goal, but because they both had their hair up in a similar fashion I thought I may have been wrong. It’s nice to know that I’m not now confusing King and Randall, I have enough trouble at times with Gatt and O’Shea and Garner and Shannon. 😊
You could be a commentator.

Last edited:
North are favourites for the Premiership according to the Captains, Garner is favourite for the B&F.

Captains' calls: Roo tipped to top League B&F

The first IS going to happen, the second has a snowball's chance in hell of happening as long as the rodents in Yellow are in charge.

Last edited:
Good to see Vikki Wall back :fourleaf:

With Kearney playing full time rebounding defence in recent years our midfield whilst still has class I think lacks grunt/physical presence. I think we wasted an opportunity not having Gilroy play midfield when she was with us.

Can Wall be that physical presence in the midfield?

Good to see Vikki Wall back :fourleaf:

With Kearney playing full time rebounding defence in recent years our midfield whilst still has class I think lacks grunt/physical presence. I think we wasted an opportunity not having Gilroy play midfield when she was with us.

Can Wall be that physical presence in the midfield?
Both her and Ruby Tripodi, a nice 1,2, combo for physical presence, and tackle breaking etc

Ferguson sustained a concussion at the end of the practice game on the weekend, and is now going through the concussion protocols, but should be okay for round 1.

Pullar and Shannon missing half the season may leave us a little light for defenders, but it is nice to see the Birch, Bruton and Shierlaw should be okay for round 1.

1724145249161.png

Ferguson sustained a concussion at the end of the practice game on the weekend, and is now going through the concussion protocols, but should be okay for round 1.

Pullar and Shannon missing half the season may leave us a little light for defenders, but it is nice to see the Birch, Bruton and Shierlaw should be okay for round 1.

View attachment 2085821
Fingers crossed that injuries don’t curtail this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back