AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep beating a Collingwood team without Bri Davey, by a massive 15 points, is definitely Coach of the Year areas.

Yep beating a Collingwood team without Bri Davey, by a massive 15 points, is definitely Coach of the Year areas.

Took wooden spooners to a finals win. He can ****ing coach.

Took wooden spooners to a finals win. He can ****ing coach.
It was definitely because of coaching, never mind the addition of Chloe Molloy and Lucy McEvoy among others.

She’s not Wayne Carey!
No doubt about that.

Their list is in the 7-10 range after those additions, which is where they'll probably finish again. So on that basis, I don't argue Gowans is a competent coach, but definitely not a miracle-worker as the sudden rise up the ladder might suggest.

I heard it is mid 30's up there atm, gunna be a hard slog 1st up when oppo have been training in the conditions, but i would love to shut that sook Starcevic up and get the win, go Roo girls.
Yeah, she's been a hot one this week. 37 a couple of days back. 35 on Sunday at this stage.

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are so far up Conti’s arse the umpires. Don’t pay holding the ball against her but touch her and it’s a free kick. Not to mention the dirty tunnel!
Pretty good with the ole volleyball double hand pass flick…..
But gee wiz despite that they loose to the weagals …..Richmond are very ordinary

I really hate the standard of umpiring at AFLW level, free kicks were 19-12 to the Eaglettes at three quarter time but finished 22 a piece. The Umpires did everything possible to get Richmond over the line, ignoring a couple of obvious frees to Roberts and Drennan (I think) while letting Conti get away with murder, or at least tunnelling.

There was one instance in the first quarter where a Richmond player handed the ball to the umpire instead of the Eaglette receiving the free which should have been an automatic 50 metre but it wasn't given. If they don't know the rules they shouldn't be umpiring at this level.

As good as it was to see WCE win last night, if either of those teams continue to play that type of football, they will be slaughtered by stronger teams.

One of North's big challenges this year is to start putting these teams away early and crushing them under the boot without compassion. Four point is four points but we can't let Richmond or WCE dictate a game that looks awful. We need to be surgical in our dismemberment.

Brisbane v North Melbourne at Brighton Homes Arena on Sunday, September 1 at 3.05pm AEST
Pre-game:
Bungee trampoline, face-painting, inflatable handball target, Henna artist, Roar Espresso, Captain's Bar, coffee cart, Container Bar, Youi Community BBQ, Food Trucks (featuring Joy Turkish, Catch & Kiss, Little Malaysia, Motha Trucker, Ms P Ice Cream, and Brazzo Boys), big screen content (including Father's Day content, player match-ups, players head-to-head, crowd games), and the Premiership Flag unfurling
Quarter-time: Spot the Difference, Roar fan cam
Half-time: NAB AFL Auskick
Three-quarter time: Father's Day Trivia, Jungle fan cam
Post-match: Ball giveaways, Maccas Kick to Kick, Fan Engagement Zone

Malaysia food cart, coffee cart.
It's the place to be

Not suprising Side by Side likes your post.

Why do you hate Gowans? What did he do besides get the clubs first finals win before the idiots running the joint gave him the flick?

I don't know why you are so wedded to the bloke. The players all agreed that the game had gone past him and were happy to have Crock take them to another level.

I don't know why you are so wedded to the bloke. The players all agreed that the game had gone past him and were happy to have Crock take them to another level.

How long did it take for Crocker to get the next level?

A North Melbourne team opening the season interstate.

Warm and familiar.
8 games (not counting the last round and finals) on Channel 7 though, which is a shock to the system.

About to head to the game. It is hot & I am feeling nervously confident or confidently nervous.

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back