AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

They looked like a lot better running team than us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Miles better. Not sure Burke was the right option when you’ve got Birch on one leg and Wright and Ferguson who are slow enough themselves. Lack of running exposed in the middle too they just ran away from our one paced mids all game.

They love chucking it don't they

They’ve gotten away with 3 blatant throws in 2 mins lol.
To be fair, North got away with a few as well. The standard of umpiring is so poor that almost any decision (or non-decision) they make could be reversed and they would probably be more correct than they'd have been with the original decision!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were lethargic from the first bounce, looked slow and fumbling in the centre and just weren't as desperate as the Cats.

Geelong was the better team, so to come away with a draw is a lucky result but I would hope Crocks and girls learn from that and play a little smarter next time, short kicks weren't the answer in those conditions, especially when going with the strong breeze, it would have been nice to see some long kicks and try and get behind the Geelong defenders and see what Randall and Eddey can do running towards goal.

O'Loughlin and O'Shea return next week, I'd like to see them replace Burke and Martin. It would also be interesting to see what Kavanagh can do, some speed through the centre would be nice, and also having a left footer in the centre can change how a defense covers our forward 50 entries.

It was incredibly hot last week. 36+ degrees would have taken it out of them and hard to back up. I was there and it was genuinely ****ed how hot it was.

2 points and we move on to next week

So why are we training 2 days before the game?

We were lethargic from the first bounce, looked slow and fumbling in the centre and just weren't as desperate as the Cats.

Geelong was the better team, so to come away with a draw is a lucky result but I would hope Crocks and girls learn from that and play a little smarter next time, short kicks weren't the answer in those conditions, especially when going with the strong breeze, it would have been nice to see some long kicks and try and get behind the Geelong defenders and see what Randall and Eddey can do running towards goal.

O'Loughlin and O'Shea return next week, I'd like to see them replace Burke and Martin. It would also be interesting to see what Kavanagh can do, some speed through the centre would be nice, and also having a left footer in the centre can change how a defense covers our forward 50 entries.
Absolutely agree….lve never seen so much reactive ball watching, fumbling and continuing to kick it short. The weather yes ordinary …but there were 2 teams out their and only one adapted to the conditions.
To be fair, North got away with a few as well. The standard of umpiring is so poor that almost any decision (or non-decision) they make could be reversed and they would probably be more correct than they'd have been with the original decision!
It’s horrendous…but they should’ve been able to get on with it…
But geez when you take out a ruck contest and kick it to the boundary line 2 m away thats as unrealistic as it gets…but throw in…..They need to fix these throws and don’t tell me how many times l saw them be tackled and incorrectly disposed the ball….for play on or ball up…not to mention how many times our girls got ridden in the back to the ground or smashed in the face…🤬

Lucky to escape with a draw.
They were the better side .
Geelong deserved to win .
Agree…our skills and lack of urgency to get the ball was deplorable…siren a few minutes later and lm sure it would’ve been a different result…didn’t play after half time.
I hope they review it….because that was an absolute mare of a game.
We take the points and move on.

Been Drinking “ the best team in the comp premiership favourites “ bath water girls ….
Nope. Just us so called “commentators” who don’t actually pay attention to what’s actually going on. A modicum of attention to detail would enable us to know that Geelong were very unlucky to lose out to Brisbane in the Preliminary final. They have been on the up, like us. It was always going to be a close game and that’s exactly how it transpired. We were never just going to waltz through the competition. That’s not how things work - generally. Our women battled it out well. No bath water involved whatsoever.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back