AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Joy to watch. 2.5/3 is a ripping outcome, despite the very high expectations, given it looked on paper a tough stretch to open the season.

Will be interesting to see how the team is managed with 3 consecutive 5-day breaks coming up. Desperately want us to keep this rhythm up whilst also pacing ourselves for the business end.

What are we going to do to the bad teams?
I Choose Violence GIF

I find the whole 'Paxy' Paxman thing a bit strange.

When do you ever see this anywhere else?

Who ever hears anyone called Thommo Thompson? Or Jonesy Jones? Or Smithy Smith? Eh?

Really strange.
She changed her first name from Karen to Paxy. Lame. And they can still just call her surname like they do for everyone else, there are no other Paxmans out there.

She changed her first name from Karen to Paxy. Lame. And they can still just call her surname like they do for everyone else, there are no other Paxmans out there.
oh her name was Karen? I'm a bit more understanding then.

121-30 the last two times we have played Melbourne
Despite having a losing record (3-6) against the Dees we have outscored them 45.31.301 - 38.41.269 in the nine games. The damage has been done in the last two games where we have embarrassed them like we do with the expansion clubs.

Of the nine games, seven have been away games (excluding finals), I wonder if another club has played as many away games against an opponent.

EDIT: To answer my own question, Collingwood have played away to Brisbane and Carlton on 8 occasions, in fact they have only played one home game against the Lions and are yet to play a home game against Carlton.

Last edited:
17 disposals, 7 marks & 5 goals for Kate

32 disposals, 10 tackles & 2 goals for Ash

Undefeated after playing our first three against three expected contenders is pretty massive, especially given how dominant the two wins have been. I was worried early that we'd reverted to old habits, dominating general play and forward entries but wildly inefficient at converting that into scores, so it was great to see us patch that up across the match. Good play across the board, despite a few shaky moments from some here and there (was it Mia King who kicked backwards to a one-on-one in the defensive 50?), but Riddell and Shierlaw the standouts - Riddell starting to look like producing another season like the first 2022 season where she won the B+F.

Long stretch of games coming up where we'll go in fairly heavy favourites. Wouldn't want to get complacent and drop anything we shouldn't, but equally, with the short turnaround between games, maybe there's an opportunity to cycle a couple players from outside the best 21 through and make sure the depth is up to standard should we need it. Season is shaping up well for us so far, good to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a difference a week makes…thats the effort we want each week.
Pressure, running goals(congrats Kate) bliss.
Even better beating that side at that crappy oval we have played at for the umpteenth time. Would be interesting to know how many vs Arden street…betting it’s very lopsided..fixture integrity 🤦‍♂️🤣
Wonderful team game and so nice to know the world is all good agin…
Onwards to next week and the lid is still bolted on.

(Meanwhile * doing a gws…..against saints at the home of the bowls club…happy days)

Kearney made my day too. I was taking a snap and she called in Jenna and Jasmine - I asked if she was doing it for the official AFL photographer next to me and she said, “For you!” Could not love her more.

IMG_8971.jpeg

Good sides have some outright stars, of which North have a share, and then lots of 'good' players across the ground, some of whom don't get a lot of credit.

One of them for me is Craven - a solid mark, holds shape, goes when it's her turn and uses it well. What's not to like.

Kearney made my day too. I was taking a snap and she called in Jenna and Jasmine - I asked if she was doing it for the official AFL photographer next to me and she said, “For you!” Could not love her more.

View attachment 2111900
well done - three stars right there (well, four I guess 😜)

Good sides have some outright stars, of which North have a share, and then lots of 'good' players across the ground, some of whom don't get a lot of credit.

One of them for me is Craven - a solid mark, holds shape, goes when it's her turn and uses it well. What's not to like.

I thought she was under rated last year.

I think she’s gone up a notch this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back