AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond and Geelong and Port can be good and Melbourne just beat the Crows.
If they genuinely are among the quality sides in the comp then sure its positive (except for that draw I spose.) IO dunno enough about it to say. Its not an easy thing to work out when the teams don't all play each other.

Croc seems to have us fired up like a pagan side too, so his coaching may be a huge advantage. Its wasn't just Carey that made Pagan's sides very hard to beat.

I agree we look shit hot compared to everyone we've played but ... yeah I just wonder if the gulf between sides is that big.
Brisbane and Adelaide are always going to be a challenge. However, from my perspective, I can’t see us ever being better placed.

If they genuinely are among the quality sides in the comp then sure its positive (except for that draw I spose.) IO dunno enough about it to say. Its not an easy thing to work out when the teams don't all play each other.

Croc seems to have us fired up like a pagan side too, so his coaching may be a huge advantage. Its wasn't just Carey that made Pagan's sides very hard to beat.

Crock knows better than most that everyone has a role to play.

Week 10 fixture​

Friday, November 1
Geelong v Adelaide, GMHBA Stadium 7.15pm AEDT

Saturday, November 2
Melbourne v Collingwood, Ikon Park, 1.05pm AEDT
Sydney v West Coast, Henson Park, 3.05pm AEDT
North Melbourne v Gold Coast, Arden Street Oval, 5.05pm AEDT
Carlton v Essendon Ikon Park, 7.15pm AEDT

Sunday, November 3
St Kilda v Brisbane, RSEA Park, 1.05pm AEDT
Richmond v Hawthorn, Swinburne Centre, 3:05pm AEDT
Port Adelaide v GWS, Alberton Oval, 4.35pm ACDT
Fremantle v Western Bulldogs, Fremantle Oval, 4.05pm AWST

https://www.afl.com.au/aflw/pride
Have the lights at Arden St just been updated?!? Wasn’t a game shifted because of this a couple of weeks ago??

I agree we look shit hot compared to everyone we've played but ... yeah I just wonder if the gulf between sides is that big.
The danger is a team getting a bit of a roll on and kicking a few goals. Straight kicking or a few lucky goals and the scoreboard pressure can start to mount. I think we’re good enough to do it but I’d love Kearney’s cool head come grand final day.

Ikon Park, surely
We have played a final at Arden Street previously, and just out of interest suffered our biggest ever defeat, so we should play there again in first week, but I would think a Prelim or Grand Final would be played at Princes Park.

We have played a final at Arden Street previously, and just out of interest suffered our biggest ever defeat, so we should play there again in first week, but I would think a Prelim or Grand Final would be played at Princes Park.
That was against Freo and the league has grown a lot in viewership since then. If we get Hawthorn in the qualifying final, Ikon would probably sell out.

That was against Freo and the league has grown a lot in viewership since then. If we get Hawthorn in the qualifying final, Ikon would probably sell out.
True, we play Hawthorn or another Melbourne team and they may move it to Princes Park, but it was only two seasons ago they played the North/Richmond elimination final at Punt Road, and it couldn't fit more than 2000 people, Arden Street holds just over 3000.

Of course, selling out Ikon Park means just the Legends Stand as at least half the structures are effectively condemned and a large part of the "stadium" is inaccessible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course, selling out Ikon Park means just the Legends Stand as at least half the structures are effectively condemned and a large part of the "stadium" is inaccessible.
Guess the government has to give Carlton another million dollars to spend on a giant shed with no seating facilities.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back