AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Pullar over smith

other than that agree
Pullar's not going to replace Smith, unless she is injured.

Just think, in a couple of month's time the name Amy Smith could be immortalized in NMFC history as one of the 21 players to win North's first AFLW premiership.

She'll be remembered forever. :D

Pullar's not going to replace Smith, unless she is injured.

Just think, in a couple of month's time the name Amy Smith could be immortalized in NMFC history as one of the 21 players to win North's first AFLW premiership.

She'll be remembered forever. :D
There is nothing smith does better than Pullar

Unless you count being second to the footy

we can call it managed if you want

managed for the rest of the season unless there is an injury to the others
Nah i was just clarifying cause you've been so cryptic about this.

I domt even know which team of bulldogs or bombers that the commentary was referring to when they jst said "not quite the level of north melbourne but well on their way there", but either way they ****en dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is nothing smith does better than Pullar

Unless you count being second to the footy
I can't see Crocks replacing Smith with Pullar because despite her limitations Smith beats Pullar in a majority of statistical categories including Disposal Efficiency (63% to 58%), averages less turnovers (2tpg to 2.4tpg) and is better at some of the defensive aspects such as tackles (5.3 to 2.3) and pressure acts (12.9 to 7.7). She also averages more clearances, contest possessions and score involvements than Pullar. Having said that, neither are elite and in fact in some categories both are below average. Also, Smith has been a part of the team for four years, she works well within the team structure and does a lot of the defensive stuff that some of the other players can't do.

I was hoping that Slocombe or Kavanagh may have worked their way into the team, but that isn't happening, so I suspect Smith will be part of the team for at least the rest of the season, and probably a few seasons to come.

I can't see Crocks replacing Smith with Pullar because despite her limitations Smith beats Pullar in a majority of statistical categories including Disposal Efficiency (63% to 58%), averages less turnovers (2tpg to 2.4tpg) and is better at some of the defensive aspects such as tackles (5.3 to 2.3) and pressure acts (12.9 to 7.7). She also averages more clearances, contest possessions and score involvements than Pullar. Having said that, neither are elite and in fact in some categories both are below average. Also, Smith has been a part of the team for four years, she works well within the team structure and does a lot of the defensive stuff that some of the other players can't do.

I was hoping that Slocombe or Kavanagh may have worked their way into the team, but that isn't happening, so I suspect Smith will be part of the team for at least the rest of the season, and probably a few seasons to come.
Pullar is a much more well rounded player

You only have to look at her first game back 14 touches and a goal

Just imagine her when she gets back into a rhythm

Pullar was very important last year and our best winger in the finals

Smith does nothing with the ball and is constantly second to it, averaging 10 touches

Pullar is a much more well rounded player

You only have to look at her first game back 14 touches and a goal

Just imagine her when she gets back into a rhythm

Pullar was very important last year and our best winger in the finals

Smith does nothing with the ball and is constantly second to it, averaging 10 touches
I like Pullar, but I don't think she is as capable as Smith in playing the defensive mid/wing role. I'd be disappointed if Crocks replaced Smith with Pullar.

I'm pretty happy that with only one player sidelined we can still argue over those jostling to get it. Having Shannon and Pullar not included speaks to the quality and depth of the club. Eventually we will start losing some to opportunities at other clubs, but until then...it's exciting

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back