AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Where were you standing/sitting during the game ferbs? I was trying to spot you during the coverage.

Agree re your assessment of the girls with the fans post game. My daughter went to the game at Princes Park and she couldn’t speak more highly of the post game experience, which included a lengthy chat and photo with Jazzy. (And pre game with Zane outside the ground)

I listened to the game on WARF and caught up with the tv reply later.

The radio commentary was ok but they keep mispronouncing players’ names - Riddle, Cravven, Trypodi - and at least one of the guys seems to be going for a BT/Brayshaw style which is pretty awful. I knew what was happening all the time and the woman commentator offered some good insights, so it was better than nothing.

Jason very professional on the TV, but Davey wasn’t the best sidekick, seemed a bit out of sorts, and it eventually really irritated me that she constantly put North’s superiority down to experience. Once she said it after Wall kicked a goal, and once when the players on screen were Gatt and other kids. Maybe she’s overdoing it because of Collingwood’s year but it’s too easy to say poorer teams are just young.

Where were you standing/sitting during the game ferbs? I was trying to spot you during the coverage.

Agree re your assessment of the girls with the fans post game. My daughter went to the game at Princes Park and she couldn’t speak more highly of the post game experience, which included a lengthy chat and photo with Jazzy. (And pre game with Zane outside the ground)

I was in the stadium on the SW side, the left hand pocket at the end we were kicking to in the second and last quarters. Dunno what its called. First time I'd been on that ground in about 40 years. There was a hole in the fence on the Northern border behind the terraces. We used to sneak into games and Gfs when i was a kid. Even played a game there once.

Jazzy is fantastic. She was one of the players that were making time for the girls during the Geelong mens game as well, took them around and introduced them to the other players and stuff.

One of my close mates played a couple of NBL seasons with the Hobart Tassie Devils and lived in Newtown (infamously better known as the suburb Martin Bryant lived) and we drove past North Hobart Oval each day we headed into the city. Great part of town.

One of my close mates played a couple of NBL seasons with the Hobart Tassie Devils and lived in Newtown (infamously better known as the suburb Martin Bryant lived) and we drove past North Hobart Oval each day we headed into the city. Great part of town.
Best coffee in Hobart. Only place to get one after about 7pm most nights too.

Coaches Votes - Week 7

North Melbourne v Sydney

9 Ashleigh Riddell (NMFC)
9 Jasmine Garner (NMFC)
6 Alice O'Loughlin (NMFC)
3 Sofia Hurley (SYD)
2 Mia King (NMFC)
1 Bella Eddey (NMFC)

LEADERBOARD
71 Ebony Marinoff (ADEL)
62 Ashleigh Riddell (NMFC)
59 Jasmine Garner (NMFC)
53 Ally Anderson (BL)
49 Monique Conti (RICH)
47 Eliza West (HAW)
43 Ella Roberts (WCE)
40 Charlie Rowbottom (GCFC)
38 Ellie McKenzie (RICH)
36 Laura Gardiner (SYD)
35 Mim Strom (FRE)
34 Georgia Nanscawen (ESS)
34 Madison Prespakis (ESS)
31 Anne Hatchard (ADEL)
31 Aisling McCarthy (FRE)
30 Sofia Hurley (SYD)
28 Sophie Conway (BL)
28 Kate Hore (MELB)
28 Keeley Sherar (CARL)
27 Emily Bates (HAW)
27 Brittany Bonnici (COLL)

I think Marinoff is going to clean up all the awards this season, she has been the leading performer in all Adelaide matches, while Hatchard has performed a little below her normal high standard, and Riddell and Garner will cancel each other out.

There better be a hard tag on marinoff when we play them
She averages 8 turnovers and 5 clangers a game, we just need to pressure her into making mistakes and take advantage when we can.

Coaches Votes - Week 7

North Melbourne v Sydney

9 Ashleigh Riddell (NMFC)
9 Jasmine Garner (NMFC)
6 Alice O'Loughlin (NMFC)
3 Sofia Hurley (SYD)
2 Mia King (NMFC)
1 Bella Eddey (NMFC)

LEADERBOARD
71 Ebony Marinoff (ADEL)
62 Ashleigh Riddell (NMFC)
59 Jasmine Garner (NMFC)
53 Ally Anderson (BL)
49 Monique Conti (RICH)
47 Eliza West (HAW)
43 Ella Roberts (WCE)
40 Charlie Rowbottom (GCFC)
38 Ellie McKenzie (RICH)
36 Laura Gardiner (SYD)
35 Mim Strom (FRE)
34 Georgia Nanscawen (ESS)
34 Madison Prespakis (ESS)
31 Anne Hatchard (ADEL)
31 Aisling McCarthy (FRE)
30 Sofia Hurley (SYD)
28 Sophie Conway (BL)
28 Kate Hore (MELB)
28 Keeley Sherar (CARL)
27 Emily Bates (HAW)
27 Brittany Bonnici (COLL)

I think Marinoff is going to clean up all the awards this season, she has been the leading performer in all Adelaide matches, while Hatchard has performed a little below her normal high standard, and Riddell and Garner will cancel each other out.

She's pulled 9 votes from both games that Adelaide lost. That's hard to combat from an awards perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She may not be a tagger as such, but if Vicky Wall can lay a couple of tackles on Marinoff, she'll slow down a bit
Selective, impactful, "tagging" into the ground.

Kangaroo Way: Roos unveil 2024 Indigenous guernsey

Kangaroo Way: Roos unveil 2024 Indigenous guernsey​

The Kangaroos have unveiled their 2024 Indigenous guernsey ahead of the upcoming AFLW Indigenous Round
By NMFC Media
231010-CB-AFLW-Indigenous-Guernsey-Launch-Screen.jpg

The North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos have unveiled their 2024 Indigenous guernsey ahead of the upcoming AFLW Indigenous Round.
Designed by Wemba Wemba, Gunditjmara, Ngadjonji and Taungurung artist Emma Bamblett, the guernsey will be worn away against Adelaide in Week 9 and at home at Arden Street Oval when the team hosts the Gold Coast Suns in Week 10.
The design, titled ‘Kangaroo Way’, was inspired by North Melbourne’s First Nations players, including Jawoyn woman Mia King, the unity of the club and its existence on Wurundjeri Country.
The foundation of the guernsey incorporates the traditional stripes with symbols throughout paying homage and respect to Bunjil and the Wurundjeri people, the Traditional Owners of the land on which Arden Street Oval sits.
Kangaroos tracks throughout the design represent the journey of the club. A waterhole and a half Sherrin symbol represent the waters that surround Arden Street Oval and the game of football.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back