AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we have found our Kearney replacement, Tess Craven come on down.
Craven has taken a step, but O’Shea is the Kearney replacement. She is a gun.

Can defend, can run and can deliver the ball. Need to play through her as much as possible.

Special mention for Tripodi. Absolute terrier, with super clean hands. She must have +90% handball efficiency.

Hahahahaha…l love this from the club….
The commentary was absolutely diabolical…… apparently our ladies were under the pump all day if you were just listening…. It seriously needs attention like the fixture and officiating…
Great win…

In a match that was tight and contested for a majority of its duration, the runs down the wing from O'Shea and Gatt were exciting to see.

Also, without being too disrespectful to O'Shea, its quite easy to tell the difference between the two, Gatt glides across the ground, O'Shea, while quick, isn't quite as graceful, but still great to watch when in full flight. :)

Vikki Wall’s game reminds me of Cam Zurhaar, minus the FIGJAM element… with extra dependability.
Vikki needs to adopt the Gyan Miers style of kicking.

Her kicking is so much better when she kicks across her body. She gives it too much air when she is running straight and kicks it. That little bit of hooking action might help her.

In a match that was tight and contested for a majority of its duration, the runs down the wing from O'Shea and Gatt were exciting to see.

Also, without being too disrespectful to O'Shea, its quite easy to tell the difference between the two, Gatt glides across the ground, O'Shea, while quick, isn't quite as graceful, but still great to watch when in full flight. :)

I agree with this. They are very different in the way they move.

The ponytails are also very different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vikki Wall’s game reminds me of Cam Zurhaar, minus the FIGJAM element… with extra dependability.
From way back in first season I kind of thought there was a bit of JZ about her game.

Vikki needs to adopt the Gyan Miers style of kicking.

Her kicking is so much better when she kicks across her body. She gives it too much air when she is running straight and kicks it. That little bit of hooking action might help her.
Being a Gaelic footballer, kicking across her body/hooking comes more naturally to her. I suspect the switch to the oval ball is what causes her any issues in this regard.

On the the topic of Irish players:
1. O’Shea is really taking on the role of attacking half-back to good effect. Her kicking on the run has improved this year.
2. You can just see that Niamh Martin is growing in confidence with each game played.
3. The lack of a concurrent reserves comp is something the league needs to address. Training and an occasional informal practice match would surely be limiting the progress of players like Blaithín Bogue.

The team is going so well. The only possible downside is that anything less than a flag will seem like a failure to us.
Agreed, but good IMO. That's the standard to aspire to.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back