AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Amy had a very good game on the weekend. Even old mate would have to agree.
You would hope she eventually has a good game after being in for so long

Give the same amount of games to many others and you’d see a big difference and at least 1 decent game

Last edited:
This week's AFLW Team Of The Week.

FB: Harriet Cordner (Carlton), Brenna Tarrant (Sydney)
HB: Anna-Rose Kennedy (Geelong), Maddi Gay (Essendon), Meara Girvan (Gold Coast)
C: Claudia Whitfort (Gold Coast), Ebony Marinoff (Adelaide), Nina Morrison (Geelong)
HF: Shineah Goody (Port Adelaide), Alyssa Bannan (Melbourne), Aileen Gilroy (Hawthorn)
FF: Caitlin Gould (Adelaide), Kate Shierlaw (North Melbourne)
Foll:
Mim Strom (Fremantle), Emily Bates (Hawthorn), Eilish Sheerin (Richmond)
Int: Isabelle Pritchard (Western Bulldogs), Abbey Dowrick (Port Adelaide), Matilda Scholz (Port Adelaide), Isabella Lewis (West Coast), Kate Hore (Melbourne)

Unlucky: Maddy Prespakis (Essendon), Aisling McCarthy (Fremantle), Jas Garner (North Melbourne)

Really happy to see Kate get a nod this week, she has been great edition to the team since joining last season and I really hope she plays again next season, she still looks more than capable of playing another season.

Despite being undefeated and having the best defense in the AFLW (every team has conceded 210+ pts, while we have conceded only 160) I don't think a single NMFC defender has appeared in the TOTW this season. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if none of them make the All Australian, although I think because Libby Birch has made the AA a couple of times, she will probably get in again.

You would hope she eventually has a good game after being in for so long

Give the same amount of games to many others and you’d see a big difference and at least 1 decent game
l use to think the same about Craven but l have to admit it that l was wrong. She has stepped up and is now playing a much better game defensively and her skills have gotten better... Smith did play a very good game last week and hopefully her game goes from better to better as the season goes on.

This week's AFLW Team Of The Week.

FB: Harriet Cordner (Carlton), Brenna Tarrant (Sydney)
HB: Anna-Rose Kennedy (Geelong), Maddi Gay (Essendon), Meara Girvan (Gold Coast)
C: Claudia Whitfort (Gold Coast), Ebony Marinoff (Adelaide), Nina Morrison (Geelong)
HF: Shineah Goody (Port Adelaide), Alyssa Bannan (Melbourne), Aileen Gilroy (Hawthorn)
FF: Caitlin Gould (Adelaide), Kate Shierlaw (North Melbourne)
Foll:
Mim Strom (Fremantle), Emily Bates (Hawthorn), Eilish Sheerin (Richmond)
Int: Isabelle Pritchard (Western Bulldogs), Abbey Dowrick (Port Adelaide), Matilda Scholz (Port Adelaide), Isabella Lewis (West Coast), Kate Hore (Melbourne)

Unlucky: Maddy Prespakis (Essendon), Aisling McCarthy (Fremantle), Jas Garner (North Melbourne)

Really happy to see Kate get a nod this week, she has been great edition to the team since joining last season and I really hope she plays again next season, she still looks more than capable of playing another season.

Despite being undefeated and having the best defense in the AFLW (every team has conceded 210+ pts, while we have conceded only 160) I don't think a single NMFC defender has appeared in the TOTW this season. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if none of them make the All Australian, although I think because Libby Birch has made the AA a couple of times, she will probably get in again.
Didn't Carlton concede Bulldog's highest score, after being goal less for the previous 2 games ? and a Carlton defender gets in the team of the week, what gives ?

Didn't Carlton concede Bulldog's highest score, after being goal less for the previous 2 games ? and a Carlton defender gets in the team of the week, what gives ?
I assume same as Maddie Gay getting in despite Essendon copping the biggest hiding in their history. When the ball is parked in your backline for 85% game time, you're going to get a lot of opportunities to get a touch.

I blame Supercoach, it's all about stat's

Look, I'll acknowledge that Maddie Gay played a half decent game. Maddie Presparkis on the other hand, had a game where the stats sheet flattered her. So many possessions that were inconsequential or straight turnovers due to the constant pressure she was placed under. I really don't think you can say she was unlucky to miss out on a team that Ash Riddell doesn't feature within. Really, who had the greater influence on the result?

You are correct. I'm guessing like Maddie Gay, Cordner was the player who stood up to onslaught.

One of the big reasons our defenders don't get the recognition is the pressure further up the field, you look at the tackle numbers of our midfielders and all of them are averaging over 7 a game, even our wingers and small forwards are averaging over 4. The pressure ahead of our d50 is elite and just making it into our d50 seems to be an achievement.

We are so collectively even across basically every line that we appear to have no stand outs while week on week we roll on demolishing sides.

We had the biggest victory on the weekend and could only manage a single player in the team of the week. When in reality we probably deserved to have a third of the team be in the team of the week.

We are so collectively even across basically every line that we appear to have no stand outs while week on week we roll on demolishing sides.

We had the biggest victory on the weekend and could only manage a single player in the team of the week. When in reality we probably deserved to have a third of the team be in the team of the week.

As long as hold the cup a loft who cares about the media idiots ONly Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back