AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Last season I thought Niamh would be first out, but her season has been great this year, I’d be astonished if she fell out of favour - she will have learned a lot tonight and she kept at it, her desperation set up Garner’s last goal.
Yep agreed plays with intensity and her skills off both feet are impressive

Meanwhile Sarah Wright has no idea how to compete in the air and is the easiest to score against. Nervous if it goes anywhere near her

Kearney will be an instant like for like upgrade

Very impressive win, and confirms we're well-placed for the finals. We looked knackered at times, and with the two quick goals to Adelaide to start the fourth I was worried we might be repeating the fluster and fatigue we saw in the back half of the Geelong draw (the scoreboard was vaguely similar to when they overran us at the death last year as well...) - so to successfully switch to a tight stoppage-heavy strategy and seal the game as we did was pleasing to see - as was the ability throughout the game to find space over the back with long kicking. Arguably the Brisbane win was 'better' in terms of comfortably dispatching a very good opponent - but winning like this, where another contender throws everything at us and we still come out on top, is exactly what we needed at this point in our campaign. Glorious stuff.

Nuffies crying about the 50 in the last minute against Bruton.
Like she could throw a ruck to the ground

Same nuffies (including commentators) who thought Crows were hard done by when Vikki got taken out with high as well as front on contact in a marking contest. But all free kicks to Divey Ponter were totes legit.

Let me tell you something shintemaster, Jason Bennett is an overrated caller.
It sounds like he's barracking for the opposition every single game.

Last season I thought Niamh would be first out, but her season has been great this year, I’d be astonished if she fell out of favour - she will have learned a lot tonight and she kept at it, her desperation set up Garner’s last goal.
I'm happier when she is in the forward 50 as she can look a little lost in the middle at times, and she doesn't have the strength to keep her feet in some of the contests, but she still managed to do a number of good things. I'd rather see a player like Eddey spend time in the middle if required, but Martin's improvement this season has been extraordinary, and she will definitely be an important player for us come finals time.

A couple of weeks ago I would have said that Martin's had a better season than Wall, but Wall has started to play more like the exciting player we saw in her first season, and now we have two exciting Irish forwards with x-factor who only need one or two chances to break open a game.

That kind of defensive grind from us in that last quarter will hold us in good stead for the finals. Exactly the kind of win we needed before the finals. Both teams played finals standard football.

Great game girls! Go and bring the premiership trophy back to Arden Street!

Same nuffies (including commentators) who thought Crows were hard done by when Vikki got taken out with high as well as front on contact in a marking contest. But all free kicks to Divey Ponter were totes legit.
Yep the wall fk was forensically investigated to make it look like a mistake.

Martin out sprinted her opponent and turned around to mark the Randall kick, Works very hard up and back along with Alice, Eddy, Wall, Gatt etc and the tall forwards. Part of the reason the team is so good, they have ALL bought it in to work hard and do the 1% and selfless acts like blocks, tap-ons, spoils, smothers etc

It sounds like he's barracking for the opposition every single game.
Thank you…bang on……lm over him….and his come backs for teams that are gone…BT vibes…
Just call the game….

But can l say how much joy that win gave me …not our best performance…but heck that was a grit the teeth and get that win game..
This is a bloody marvellous side….and gosh it’s so darn nice to cheer them on….
Well played team…well played..
Carn you roo gals….bring it home…….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep agreed plays with intensity and her skills off both feet are impressive

Meanwhile Sarah Wright has no idea how to compete in the air and is the easiest to score against. Nervous if it goes anywhere near her

Kearney will be an instant like for like upgrade
Don't let the truth ruin your narrative.

The Gould goal was because Birch missed the lead and Wright was trying to cover, and the three Ponter goals were from Birch and Ferguson failing to clear the ball and two free kicks given away by players not named Sarah Wright.

So, the total number of goals conceded by Wright tonight was ZERO.

The Gould goal was because Birch missed the lead and Wright was trying to cover, and the three Ponter goals were from Birch and Ferguson failing to clear the ball and two free kicks given away by players not named Sarah Wright.

When you cover an opponent that doesn’t relieve you of fault

In general blind Freddy can see wright is useless in the air, doesn’t even know how to spoil properly

And let’s pray we don’t get another Dakota grand final situation on wright

Yes wright isn’t going anywhere - she’s not perfect but she’s the best we’ve got there.
Laughable that kearns would replace a kpd

In general blind Freddy can see wright is useless in the air, doesn’t even know how to spoil properly

Wright isn’t taking the main forward anymore

What an absolute load of crap, that goal is entirely on Birch.

What an absolute load of crap, that goal is entirely on Birch.
I'd like to see it from a different angle but I thought Sarah Wright was standing in the hole. She has every right to expect that Birch is at least making body contact on Gould. That Gould snuck in and took front position is not something Wright can anticipate unless she has eyes in the back of her head.

I'm happier when she is in the forward 50 as she can look a little lost in the middle at times, and she doesn't have the strength to keep her feet in some of the contests, but she still managed to do a number of good things. I'd rather see a player like Eddey spend time in the middle if required, but Martin's improvement this season has been extraordinary, and she will definitely be an important player for us come finals time.

A couple of weeks ago I would have said that Martin's had a better season than Wall, but Wall has started to play more like the exciting player we saw in her first season, and now we have two exciting Irish forwards with x-factor who only need one or two chances to break open a game.
Martin def has that x factor up forward...I feel Bella has the footy smarts that could translate to more midfield time in the future

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back