AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Buried the lede there.

Bogue revealed that her talented sister and 2024 Miss Northern Ireland contestant Cadhla (21), who is in the final year of a pharmacy course at Queen’s University, would not hesitate to join her at North Melbourne if she was offered a contract next year.
Seek and ye shall find 😁

Would just like to say, hard to argue Crock is doing a great job, obvious the girls love him, and his coaching is excellent, utilising his assets to best effect, the last piece of the puzzle, a Premiership is well deserved, and tantalisingly within sight
I really loved that instead of focusing on last years grand final he started to instill the mentality of knowing that the game is not lost after conceding a few goals, as long as they're willing to put the work in and keep fighting.

Winning pretty was all well and good while the club was finding its identity but they have developed a noticeably harder edge this season.

There are repeated mentions of the team doing their homework on the other sides too, every one is taking their assignments seriously because they're 100 percent invested.

Great win and great Friday night but we need to come up with something for Danielle Ponter. She always worries us and as soft as those frees were, it feels like the girls know it and panic when she’s around.
Chelsea Randall still high on my dislike list.

What we should do is send the twin wrecking balls, Tahlia and Vicki, down there for a short cameo, just to make those irritating Adelaide forwards, feel a bit more heat for a while.

Won't happen of course, but just the thought of Tahlia and Vicki doing a bit of their stern stuff down back for a while, for some reason causes me to have a bit of a chuckle.

Which is what I do whenever they go near the ball in their usual spots up forward.:D

Would just like to say, hard to argue Crock is doing a great job, obvious the girls love him, and his coaching is excellent, utilising his assets to best effect, the last piece of the puzzle, a Premiership is well deserved, and tantalisingly within sight
I think having a coach with a history at the club assists in building team culture and a feeling of unity and belonging, players want play for North, and no one wants to leave whether they are getting a game or not.

Buried the lede there.

Bogue revealed that her talented sister and 2024 Miss Northern Ireland contestant Cadhla (21), who is in the final year of a pharmacy course at Queen’s University, would not hesitate to join her at North Melbourne if she was offered a contract next year.

Can never have enough pharmacists

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see it from a different angle but I thought Sarah Wright was standing in the hole. She has every right to expect that Birch is at least making body contact on Gould. That Gould snuck in and took front position is not something Wright can anticipate unless she has eyes in the back of her head.
Watching the replay, Wright was actually marking Ponter and left her to try and stop Gould, but Gould had too much of a head start. Personally, I don't want anyone leaving Ponter by herself in their forward 50, but Wright tried to do the team thing.

Tough call on someone who snapped their achilles but if Bruton can lift a little it will be massive for finals.
Good forward pressure mind you.

She's a bloody handy option to have running through as a role player. Midfield doesn't miss her.

O'Shea Martin Bull...

Can somebody explain why the women's program is producing such exciting talent from Ireland.
But yet the men's program has not been able to produce one player ?

(excluding the Irish player we he'd who passed away. RIP)

O'Shea Martin Bull...

Can somebody explain why the women's program is producing such exciting talent from Ireland.
But yet the men's program has not been able to produce one player ?

(excluding the Irish player we he'd who passed away. RIP)

With the greatest love and respect for our Irish women, I think that the rough edges and raw skills that they still have are not as much of a hindrance or as marked a difference to their team mates and opponents in AFLW, whereas Irish men need to be considerably better developed before they can impact at AFL level. So it comes down to player development and we simply don't have the resources to be able to teach an athletically gifted Irish man how to kick, handball, mark, tackle, and bounce the ball to a satisfactory level.

With the greatest love and respect for our Irish women, I think that the rough edges and raw skills that they still have are not as much of a hindrance or as marked a difference to their team mates and opponents in AFLW, whereas Irish men need to be considerably better developed before they can impact at AFL level. So it comes down to player development and we simply don't have the resources to be able to teach an athletically gifted Irish man how to kick, handball, mark, tackle, and bounce the ball to a satisfactory level.
Yeah I love what the Irish girls bring but the basic kicking and handballing skills could use a bit of work.

Strangely I reckon someone mentioned during the week that Vikki Wall might benefit from kicking Gryan Miers style with a bit of a hook motion, which I think she tried with her first shot at goal from a set shot. She hit the wrong part of the ball and was way off target.

Whichever method she chooses they should put work into. She has the power just needs to tune the technique.

Yeah I love what the Irish girls bring but the basic kicking and handballing skills could use a bit of work.

Strangely I reckon someone mentioned during the week that Vikki Wall might benefit from kicking Gryan Miers style with a bit of a hook motion, which I think she tried with her first shot at goal from a set shot. She hit the wrong part of the ball and was way off target.

Whichever method she chooses they should put work into. She has the power just needs to tune the technique.

She seems to get underneath the ball a bit too much with her hook kicking whereas when she is field kicking and boots long for distance, she tends to not arc as much. I think she easily makes the distance from 50 metres if she just runs straight.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back