AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

She seems to get underneath the ball a bit too much with her hook kicking whereas when she is field kicking and boots long for distance, she tends to not arc as much. I think she easily makes the distance from 50 metres if she just runs straight.
Maybe needs to learn the Benny Brown run up at full pace :D

If Conti gets a vote in this game there is something wrong.

Nanscawen is a workhorse, she just doesn’t stop running.
For a game between two likely finalists there didn’t seem much for us to be worried about.

I feel for the poor girl who went down with a knee in the final minutes of the game. Was playing well too.

I watched on FTA too. I won’t ever sign up for Kayo again, they’re 💩
I have kayo - I think it will expire in around March but I aren't really sure. I used it occasionally. I hate the company but am semi-contemplating a Foxtel sub (I know, it makes me feel dirty). It's a dilemma.

I reckon Conti would want to move to a decent team while she’s still at her peak. She’s at risk of a career like Ellie Blackburn at the Dogs. Star player wasted in a team that can’t seriously match the best.
I believe she signed an extension to stay at the Tigers until 2027, so she is stuck there for some time.

With the greatest love and respect for our Irish women, I think that the rough edges and raw skills that they still have are not as much of a hindrance or as marked a difference to their team mates and opponents in AFLW, whereas Irish men need to be considerably better developed before they can impact at AFL level. So it comes down to player development and we simply don't have the resources to be able to teach an athletically gifted Irish man how to kick, handball, mark, tackle, and bounce the ball to a satisfactory level.

We have enough trouble teaching our home grown players to hit a target!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back