North Melbourne player under investigation for taxi robbery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 30 in the draft, handy first season in the VFL
Player;
"I wish to apologise to my family, the club, my team mates and of course the supporters.
I have left them down....blah...blah.."
Club
"Trent understands that he has done the wrong thing and will be rightly punished, but he is remorseful for this unfortunate mistake and the club will stand by him and help him to learn form this mistake....blah...blah.."

Rookie, underwhelming 1st year
Club
"The club cannot stand by and tolerate this sort of action.
Unfortunately we have no other recourse than to sack player X.
We will continue to support player X..blah..blah."

Who was the last player sacked from North?

Carey?

Still has not over taken Walker for the best post season wearing of a hat.

If we don't sack him for the incident, we should sack him for the hat. My mother would have held me under in the bathtub if I was wearing a hat as shit as that.

Yeah

One was convicted.

It's not as cut and dried as that.
Williams was prodded by 3 elder men at a Nightclub and he was cornered because he was an AFL footballer in a small home town.
Williams then settled the score.
Williams was very lucky to retain his spot and I personally feel he should have been sacked.
But he chose to be pro-active and do countless hours for the Salvation Army before he was charged.
In this case, the player in question along with someone else has cornered an innocent member of the public, doing his job and one that has a low pay.
He has done a runner, he has then assaulted that person and to make it worse, he took the money off that innocent person.
It's like comparing apples with oranges.
It's a dog act.

It's not as cut and dried as that.
Williams was prodded by 3 elder men at a Nightclub and he was cornered because he was an AFL footballer in a small home town.
Williams then settled the score.
Williams was very lucky to retain his spot but he chose to be pro-active and do countless hours for the Salvation Army before he was charged.
In this case, the player in question along with someone else has cornered an innocent member of the public, doing his job and for a low pay.
He has done a runner, he has then assaulted that person and to make it worse, he took the money off that innocent person.
It's like comparing apples with oranges.

You have him guilty of something before he's been charged with anything.

You have him unrepentant before public know where he actually stands.

Settled the score is an interesting way to put it. Grievous bodily harm would tend to indicate that he did a little more than "settle the score".

1 was convicted of a crime and retained his spot.

The other may yet not be convicted of anything but clearly he must lose his spot.

the intention of my first post was merely to point out that palyers can be convicted of something and retain a spot.

Clearly we are comparing Apples and UFO because it suits you.

You have him guilty of something before he's been charged with anything.

You have him unrepentant before public know where he actually stands.

Settled the score is an interesting way to put it. Grievous bodily harm would tend to indicate that he did a little more than "settle the score".

1 was convicted of a crime and retained his spot.

The other may yet not be convicted of anything but clearly he must lose his spot.

the intention of my first post was merely to point out that palyers can be convicted of something and retain a spot.

Clearly we are comparing Apples and UFO because it suits you.
He punched him once. The guy just had a glass jaw. And the group of guys admitted to pushing him around a bit in the toilets before (Marley claimed it was more than pushing though).

He punched him once. The guy just had a glass jaw. And the group of guys admitted to pushing him around a bit in the toilets before (Marley claimed it was more than pushing though).

So it really was the victims fault.

If only he hadn't of hit his jaw on Williams fist.

Gotcha.

General AFL teams decision making kicks in here

Is he any good?

Yes - Media conference, family background, mention of wrong circles, good kid etc, cue pictures of him washing cabbies cars, running the queue at the airport, handing out air fresheners etc
No - Sack him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be a serious incident if confirmed (and it seems it will be) and he would have to be an idiot to have done that, but a one strike policy is harsh.

Something wrong at Kangaroos HQ, they have had a pretty shonky year in regards of scandals.

Hey! Harvey won that car legitimately thanks

It would be a serious incident if confirmed (and it seems it will be) and he would have to be an idiot to have done that, but a one strike policy is harsh.

Bootsma got sacked for sending out dick pics.

On face value at least, assault and theft isn't a particularly good look.

Some clubs would sack a player for such an incident and some may not.

Something wrong at Kangaroos HQ, they have had a pretty shonky year in regards of scandals.

We have? You mean the Daw incident that was from 7 years ago when he was a minor?

Pretty dumb thing to do by Trent, am I surprised kids these days do dumb shit like this? If you have ever left your house at night the answer would be no.

We have? You mean the Daw incident that was from 7 years ago when he was a minor?

Pretty dumb thing to do by Trent, am I surprised kids these days do dumb shit like this? If you have ever left your house at night the answer would be no.

Sorry, but while I've done plenty of dumb shit when pissed, robbing a bloke who barely earns $10/h is something I've never been stupid enough to do

That being said, club should only sanction now if he admits guilt, otherwise wait until his trial is done.

Well if he is found to have robbed a taxi driver. Lets hope he gets put away. The less scum like that on the streets the better.

Holden Hill police have arrested two men after a taxi driver was allegedly robbed earlier this month at Banksia Park.
A 19-year-old man from Para Vista was arrested after he contacted police last night, following the release of CCTV images of the suspects inside the cab yesterday.

Further enquiries today have led to the arrest of the second suspect, a 19-year-old man from Victoria.

Both men have been charged with aggravated robbery and have been bailed to appear in the Holden Hill Magistrates Court on 25 November.

https://www.facebook.com/sapolicenews?nr

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne player under investigation for taxi robbery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back