North Melbourne player under investigation for taxi robbery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, but while I've done plenty of dumb shit when pissed, robbing a bloke who barely earns $10/h is something I've never been stupid enough to do

That being said, club should only sanction now if he admits guilt, otherwise wait until his trial is done.

I've been pretty consistent with my view that police and courts are there to enforce laws, AFL and clubs aren't. We have to decide if his character is good enough to warrant a spot at the club, but punishment for breaking laws should be the sole responsibility of the police and court system.

I do not excuse his behaviour nor do I accept being young or intoxicated is an acceptable reason for what happened. Quite often, people will make horrific errors in judgement when they are young and on various substances. Question for our club is whether this is a once off or if he is an idiot that is going to be problematic long-term.

He has to decide pretty quickly if his focus is to be a professional footballer or just be another dickhead running around doing dumb shit.

I've been pretty consistent with my view that police and courts are there to enforce laws, AFL and clubs aren't. We have to decide if his character is good enough to warrant a spot at the club, but punishment for breaking laws should be the sole responsibility of the police and court system.

I do not excuse his behaviour nor do I accept being young or intoxicated is an acceptable reason for what happened. Quite often, people will make horrific errors in judgement when they are young and on various substances. Question for our club is whether this is a once off or if he is an idiot that is going to be problematic long-term.

He has to decide pretty quickly if his focus is to be a professional footballer or just be another dickhead running around doing dumb shit.
Quality posting as always mate.

This is the fantastic part -

Not that I plan on dogging out on paying, or assualting a taxi driver (infact, they're the only people I'll ever tip), but this is the exact reason why posting shit to social media sites about what you are doing, where you have been, where you are going, who you were hanging around with, etc etc etc, is absolute madness and the height of stupidity...

I like the fact that when I Google my name, not a single result with me comes up in it. The fascination people have with sharing every aspect of their life with the world astounds me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you know, clearly the AFLPA need to make sure that first year rookie's salaries are higher if he's having to stinge out and rob a taxi driver :rolleyes:

Obviously has been through the 'Micheal Hurley School of Taxi Driver Relations' - Congrats, Trent, on your impending graduation

Nothing to do with how much he gets paid, he's obviously just an idiot.

Will be interesting to see Brayshaw's reaction on this.
He was pretty quick to condemn Essendon for going soft on Hurley.
I think James is occupied with other things at the moment. He & "Mrs B" have split & he's been spotted around town in the company of a much younger, much blonder, woman. She's even moved in to his St Kilda Rd apartment I assume to make sure he's not taking the divorce too hard.

Sky News are reporting the player in question has been charged.
Will appear in court next week.

Norf only have a problem with one arm bandits. Dumont has two.

Move along.

Bootsma got sacked for sending out dick pics.

On face value at least, assault and theft isn't a particularly good look.

Some clubs would sack a player for such an incident and some may not.
Bootsma didn't get sacked just for sending our dick pics. Get your facts right.

Levi Greenwood mate. The North board voted him player of the year this year, but they must have hacked the mainframe, because as soon as he said he wanted out of Arden St, apparently he got shit all of a sudden.
Yeah that actually makes sense. My North Melbourne mate told me Greenwood was their best mid but had to trade him be because they knew he would instantly become crap soon.
Maybe he had a breakdown and took it out on the taxi driver?

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne player under investigation for taxi robbery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back